Dell Streak down to £199 at Tesco [UK]

Guest GabbaGabbaHey

Guest rebski
For anybody thinking of getting a Streak (or looking for a spare or replacement), Tesco in the UK are now doing them for £199 SIM-free.

Link to Tesco offer

(There are now a lot of very overpriced Streaks on eBay!)

Thanks for the info. They are sold out now, so a few people got a bargain.

I suspect that this is just a clear out on the part of Tesco and not an indication that a new model is coming.

Guest flashyphotos
Thanks for the info. They are sold out now, so a few people got a bargain.

I suspect that this is just a clear out on the part of Tesco and not an indication that a new model is coming.

Just beware, I picked one up today as did a friend and when running the service tags thru the Dell Websites, both were second hand, mine was registered Oct 2010, and other was Nov 2010.

I know they have been fully refurbed, but still very bad of Tesco to be selling them as brand new when they are clearly not.

Guest GriZlore
Just beware, I picked one up today as did a friend and when running the service tags thru the Dell Websites, both were second hand, mine was registered Oct 2010, and other was Nov 2010.

I know they have been fully refurbed, but still very bad of Tesco to be selling them as brand new when they are clearly not.

Ask them, if they tell you they were/are new ones, put in a complaint... you would likely get something for your trouble.

Especially if you catch them out by proving they were refurds

Guest rebski

I am sorry that you didn't get a brand spanking new one and I know that I would have been disappointed too if my order had gone through.

I have seen a few refurbs on sale on eBay. If it is some consolation, the Streaks declared as refurbs go for up to £295.

It still leaves a bad taste though, Tesco should have made it clear what we were buying. I had assumed that they were warehouse clear outs of unsold stock and so brand new.

Guest racingclub

I'm not sure they are refurbs - my Tesco Streak came Monday - looks perfect to me.

Checking the ST shows a ship date of end of October - however, that doesnt mean that it has been 'used' between the ship date and now - I assume its been sat in Tesco's warehouse waiting for me to buy it :)

Guest superutp
I'm not sure they are refurbs - my Tesco Streak came Monday - looks perfect to me.

Checking the ST shows a ship date of end of October - however, that doesnt mean that it has been 'used' between the ship date and now - I assume its been sat in Tesco's warehouse waiting for me to buy it :)

lol...good for u..:)

Guest clonepony

Just double checked, mine as well! Details below. Shame on TESCO!

System Summary

Service Tag: ******* Change Service Tag

System Type: Tablet Streak

Ship Date: 10/27/2010

Description Provider Start Date End Date Days Left

CAR DELL 10/27/2010 1/28/2013 650

Parts Only Warranty DELL 10/27/2010 1/28/2012 284

Guest racingclub
Just double checked, mine as well! Details below. Shame on TESCO!

System Summary

Service Tag: ******* Change Service Tag

System Type: Tablet Streak

Ship Date: 10/27/2010

Description Provider Start Date End Date Days Left

CAR DELL 10/27/2010 1/28/2013 650

Parts Only Warranty DELL 10/27/2010 1/28/2012 284

thats just normal Dell tag behaviour tho, why do you think its a refurb???

Guest mtyrrell
thats just normal Dell tag behaviour tho, why do you think its a refurb???

The ship date? 10/27/2010? Unless of course it's really old stock? :)

Guest racingclub

only 6 months ago, and yeah I would say these are old stock that Tesco are shifting from their shelves.

Guest clonepony

But how to explain why the warranty has started for about 3 months already? Or it had to start after 3 months sitting in the warehouse I guess?

Guest Laird_Attwood

They have stock in store even if Tesco direct is out of stock.

One of the local Tesco-extra stores had 4 "take this box to electrical store" boxes on the shelf so may also have more stock. Worth nipping down to your local one. Went to get one for the other half but she talked her self out of it, oh well she can stick with the pixi plus :)

Guest GabbaGabbaHey
I've requested an e-mail when/if it's back in stock. Unlikely at that price but if i hear anything i'll keep you people updated.

I had done the same, and got an email this morning from Tesco to say:

This is an update on the following product that you asked us to track for you:

Item 210-6015 - Dell Streak Tablet PC

We're sorry to let you know that this product has now been discontinued and will not be coming back into stock.

Well done to those who did get one for £199.

Guest Djp42
I had done the same, and got an email this morning from Tesco to say:

This is an update on the following product that you asked us to track for you:

Item 210-6015 - Dell Streak Tablet PC

We're sorry to let you know that this product has now been discontinued and will not be coming back into stock.

Well done to those who did get one for £199.

Yep. Got same e-mail myself today. :mellow:

Guest shingers5
Yep. Got same e-mail myself today. :mellow:

Well got mine yesterday at tesco in liverpool and its brand new lol. They still.had the 399 price tag hence reason there was any stock. They have shed loads in tesco branches in liverpool. Sales have not been as expected hence the price drop. Dell new honeycomb model drops soon as well

Guest Azurren

I wanted one but the tesco stores around me don't stock much in the way of tech gadgets :mellow:

Oh well.. Perhaps I could pick one up off ebay