[BETA] AUDI - Automated USB Driver Installer

Guest simonta

Guest Fusion1296
Hi , thanks for your quick reply , i have tried , 1 , 2 and 4 , i will try 3 and also the new SDK stuff at the weekend and report back .

Thanks Andy

HI Simon,

just wanted to let you know how i got on , 1st when i tried to run your program and do the remove drivers and reinstall it came up and said devcon64 needed to be in the same folder ( it is in the same folder ) so i made a path to the folder but no difference ?

i then downloaded the SDK stuff and tried the ADB in there no difference , then i tried the drivers that are in the SDK couldnt get them to work at all they didnt seem to recognize the vega and the hardware id was incorrect and it kept wanted to load different drivers all the time so went back to the drivers in the MCR still nothing in ADB devices .

went to bed ! just connected it all up to let you know the error messages ,typed ADB DEVICES and it worked fine !!! help , over night the laptop was on sleep no reboot , so its working but i have no idea why , its been working before but after a while stops so i will have to see how it goes .

Thanks for your help and for your program .

Andy

AN UPDATE

it stopped working again when the laptop came out a sleep , a reboot made no difference .

What i have found is that if i use the ADB that came in the MCR to stop and start the server it reports that it has stopped and started but adb devices reports no devices , if i use the ADB that is part of the SDK to stop and start the server it reports ok and if i then do ADB devices it reports my Vega as connected , does it stop and start a different server or does the ADB in the SDK stop and start the server correctly ?

I hope that this info might help other that have similar problems where all drivers appear to be correct but ADB devices reports no devices .

Thanks again Simon for all your help !

Edited by Fusion1296

Guest mrforsythexeter

Hi Simon, App looks great, however I'm embarrassed to say I can't get my Vega into ADB mode.

Here is a run down

OS NAME: Windows 7 Ultimate

OS Platform Win23NT

OS Version: 6.1.7601.65536

Os Architecture 64 Bit

Driver Name: NVIDIA Tegra 2 USB Device

Device Type: Disk Drives

Driver Provider Microsoft

Driver Version 6.1.7600.16385

Hardware Ids:

USBSTOR\DiskNVIDIA__Tegra_2_________0000

USBSTOR\DiskNVIDIA__Tegra_2_________

USBSTOR\DiskNVIDIA__

USBSTOR\NVIDIA__Tegra_2_________0

NVIDIA__Tegra_2_________0

USBSTOR\GenDisk

GenDisk

Compatible Ids:

USBSTOR\Disk

USBSTOR\RAW

EC Version: 1.9.0

Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9_P10_v1.09_20110211_DIX

Build Number: harmoney 2.2 FRF91 20110211.101539

Now, I know it looks like the device is in mass storage mode, however I have not pressed the button to turn on mass storage.

Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging is ticked.

I have tried installing the device drivers manually, however it keeps reporting there isn't 64bit drivers. "The Folder specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64-based systems.

My computer is showing a device with removable storage, however its not mounted.

So there appears to be a problem with Windows pre-empting the SD card being mounted... Any ideas?

Guest mrforsythexeter

Hi Simon,

I used USBDeview 64bit to uninstall the driver and known device for the Nivdia Tegra 2 USB Device, and then asked device manager to rescan, which then readded all drivers correctly, and your tool went green. So im guessing this is a known device problem with windows 7, it had seen it before in USB Mass Storage mode, so it remember and didn't bother to update or search for other drivers when seeing the device again. Hope this helps you or some one else.

Guest phil8715

Do you have to have the paid version for this to work? As I have noticed the paid has the adb drivers included.

Edited by phil8715

Hi Simon,

THis took longer for me to try out than I thought it would, but actually ended up needing to try it due to my accelerometer breaking...

I'm running this on Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit.

I have managed to use the tool to wipe the existing drivers, and reinstall the stock ones and stock ROM.

I'm now trying to move onto installing the Modaco drivers, but the tool is telling me that ADB is not switched on yet, and that I should enable USB Debugging. USB Debugging is on, but I cannot get the tool to recognise the Vega being ready.

I'm probably not techie enough to understand many of the posts above, so apologise if this is the same info or the answer is already above.

If there is any more info you would like let me know.

Guest simonta
Hi Simon,

I used USBDeview 64bit to uninstall the driver and known device for the Nivdia Tegra 2 USB Device, and then asked device manager to rescan, which then readded all drivers correctly, and your tool went green. So im guessing this is a known device problem with windows 7, it had seen it before in USB Mass Storage mode, so it remember and didn't bother to update or search for other drivers when seeing the device again. Hope this helps you or some one else.

This is fantastic info, thanks! When my tool deletes existing drivers, it does so by deleting everything from Advent, vendor ID 0955, for the Vega, product ID 7100. I will add a delete for the above also. Thanks again....

Cheers

Guest simonta
Hi Simon,

THis took longer for me to try out than I thought it would, but actually ended up needing to try it due to my accelerometer breaking...

I'm running this on Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit.

I have managed to use the tool to wipe the existing drivers, and reinstall the stock ones and stock ROM.

I'm now trying to move onto installing the Modaco drivers, but the tool is telling me that ADB is not switched on yet, and that I should enable USB Debugging. USB Debugging is on, but I cannot get the tool to recognise the Vega being ready.

I'm probably not techie enough to understand many of the posts above, so apologise if this is the same info or the answer is already above.

If there is any more info you would like let me know.

OK, understood. Could you please do one thing? With USB debugging turned on, unplug your Vega then plug it back in. Watch which devices appears and then right click that device, select properties->details and let me know the hardware ID.

Thank you!

Guest simonta
Do you have to have the paid version for this to work? As I have noticed the paid has the adb drivers included.

Hi Phil

No. The drivers are included! Select "Just do it" in the tool. The tool will install the drivers included.

Cheers

Guest simonta
HI Simon,

just wanted to let you know how i got on , 1st when i tried to run your program and do the remove drivers and reinstall it came up and said devcon64 needed to be in the same folder ( it is in the same folder ) so i made a path to the folder but no difference ?

i then downloaded the SDK stuff and tried the ADB in there no difference , then i tried the drivers that are in the SDK couldnt get them to work at all they didnt seem to recognize the vega and the hardware id was incorrect and it kept wanted to load different drivers all the time so went back to the drivers in the MCR still nothing in ADB devices .

went to bed ! just connected it all up to let you know the error messages ,typed ADB DEVICES and it worked fine !!! help , over night the laptop was on sleep no reboot , so its working but i have no idea why , its been working before but after a while stops so i will have to see how it goes .

Thanks for your help and for your program .

Andy

AN UPDATE

it stopped working again when the laptop came out a sleep , a reboot made no difference .

What i have found is that if i use the ADB that came in the MCR to stop and start the server it reports that it has stopped and started but adb devices reports no devices , if i use the ADB that is part of the SDK to stop and start the server it reports ok and if i then do ADB devices it reports my Vega as connected , does it stop and start a different server or does the ADB in the SDK stop and start the server correctly ?

I hope that this info might help other that have similar problems where all drivers appear to be correct but ADB devices reports no devices .

Thanks again Simon for all your help !

Thanks very much Andy. More great info. The SDK drivers don't work but I can get them to work by modifying the INF to include the Vega IDs. The ADB server is the same except for different revisions of the SDK. ADB-WINDOWS.EXE which Paul ships with the mcr is just a renamed ADB.EXE from the SDK but I'm guessing it's a couple of versions out of date.

Armed with this info, I'll have another round of changes tomorrow to get v0.3 out.

Thanks again.

Hi Simon,

I solved it already, but I think it came up showing NVidia. I did as posted above and downloaded USBDeview and uninstalled all NVidia drivers and everything started working. I think this was from my previous attempts to get this to work on Win 7. Anyway. Everything is running perfectly now - and I've just gone through the whole process another time without issue. Thanks for the excellent tool!

I would use your dropbox link, but already have it myself, but as a thank you I'll pass on your link the next time I let someone know about it.

EDIT: And for measure, my Vega decided to throw another wobbly, so I've completed a third and hopefully final, setup from scratch using this! Oh and reflashing seems to have sorted out my accelerometer issue as well.

Edited by pdej

Guest RexMundo

Hi. Been trying for many many hours to get adb working. No success. Your app said correct drivers where installed but still nothing on adb showing.

what did it in the end was to install a new version of the sdk. I had an old version from a year ago. You may want to add this in your app. Thanks!

Guest Bobby Elliott

Not working for me, Simoneta, on a Windows 7 64-bit OS.

It tells me the device is not in ADB mode -- but it is. The notification bar tells me "USB debugging connected". But I can't get past the first stage because of this. Help!

Guest flegg
Cool, please post back. Need as much feedback as possible. I would like to repost a final version in time for the weekend noob flood.

Hi there, trying to use the AUDI tool, I'm running it as an administrator, but now it's saying DPINST64 and DEVCON64.exe must be in the same directory as this tool, Please reinstall it.

I've checked and it is in the same directory as the AUDI tool, any suggestions?

Also Tablet in Debug mode but tool not detecting it, also not detecting recovery mode either

Guest simonta
Hi there, trying to use the AUDI tool, I'm running it as an administrator, but now it's saying DPINST64 and DEVCON64.exe must be in the same directory as this tool, Please reinstall it.

I've checked and it is in the same directory as the AUDI tool, any suggestions?

Also Tablet in Debug mode but tool not detecting it, also not detecting recovery mode either

I have a bug somewhere but not able to spot it through inspection.

Any .Net devs with 64 bit here can try some stuff out for me? Contribute to the community effort to kill the noob USB problems?

Guest simonta
Not working for me, Simoneta, on a Windows 7 64-bit OS.

It tells me the device is not in ADB mode -- but it is. The notification bar tells me "USB debugging connected". But I can't get past the first stage because of this. Help!

When you selected USB debugging, did you turn USB storage on? If so, don't!

Guest simonta
Hi. Been trying for many many hours to get adb working. No success. Your app said correct drivers where installed but still nothing on adb showing.

what did it in the end was to install a new version of the sdk. I had an old version from a year ago. You may want to add this in your app. Thanks!

Did you try "Just do it"? This should automatically install the latest drivers.

Guest Bobby Elliott
When you selected USB debugging, did you turn USB storage on? If so, don't!

No. USB debugging only. Just will not recognise ADB on my device.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest simonta

Morning all. I've added an update which adds support for XP and 64 bit Windows.

The indicator which shows what mode you are in and what drivers are loaded is sometimes misbehaving so if you want to install the drivers, just go ahead if it's lying to you.

I will fix this but won't release the fix in this thread. I'm in discussion with another developer about handing my code over for AUDI to have a new home. It should be an exciting announcement. Reason is I simply can't give this the time it deserves but still want to meet the goal of helping noobs and attempt to eliminate the "can't get the drivers working" threads.

Cheers...

Simon

Edited by simonta

Guest buff69

hello great tool BUT i have a green indicator but when i try to down load a new rom corvus5 or mc8 all i keep getting is daemon not running daemon started port 5037 and this goes on and on and on im on xp32bit laptop with firewall off please help ive been on this all weekend

Guest simonta
hello great tool BUT i have a green indicator but when i try to down load a new rom corvus5 or mc8 all i keep getting is daemon not running daemon started port 5037 and this goes on and on and on im on xp32bit laptop with firewall off please help ive been on this all weekend

Reboot both your Vega and the PC. Do a proper reboot on the Vega, not just a quick power off which just puts it into standby.

Guest simonta
Thanks for this application - very useful and saved me a lot of time/reading/frustration!

John.

A pleasure. Glad it worked for you.