[BETA] AUDI - Automated USB Driver Installer

Guest simonta

Guest c932
My pleasure. Glad it helped.

Hi Simon

This a friend from China,the link http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10375731/audi.zip can not work, perhaps the address is blocked by China's Great-Firewall

Could you please kindly send this software to me by email or upload to somewhere else? like http://www.vdisk.cn/ or http://115.com/ or http://www.dbank.com/

I really apperciate your help!!!

Edited by c932

Guest simonta
Hi Simon

This a friend from China,the link http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10375731/audi.zip can not work, perhaps the address is blocked by China's Great-Firewall

Could you please kindly send this software to me by email or upload to somewhere else? like http://www.vdisk.cn/ or http://115.com/ or http://www.dbank.com/

I really apperciate your help!!!

Ni hao Manfred.

Here you go. I suggest removing your email address before the spam spiders get it!

http://www.vdisk.cn/down/index/8017440A7325

Guest tretty

Only needs "When it turns Green .....Close!"

Brilliant got a "Real" Vega now THANKS :D

Hi folks. After spending many, many hours helping people to get their drivers installed, I've decided to try a different approach.

So here is version 0.8.1 of the AUDI, Automatic USB Driver Installer.

PLEASE READ EVEYRYTHING IN THIS POST. I WILL NOT ANSWER QUESTIONS IN POSTS WHICH ARE ANSWERED HERE. Thanks.

[uPDATE] v0.8.1. Fixes an issue with "path not found" errors on AMD64 PCs.

[uPDATE]. v0.8 is in the download link. It now supports XP and Windows 7 64 bit. However, there is a problem with the "what mode am I in?" indicator. It might say that you are not in recovery or ADB mode when in fact you are. If you do see an unexpected result and you want to install the drivers anyway, just go ahead and click "Next Step" and select what you want to do.]

[CAUTION] I have tested this and it doesn't do anything funky but to cover everyones' butt, I've included a system restore point feature. It doesn't do anything except monkey around with plug and play drivers but just to be safe, I recommend that folks create a restore point the first time you use it. If you use the "just do it" option, it will create a restore point anyway[/CAUTION]

Setup

Download from my Dropbox and unzip. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10375731/audi.zip

Run the tool by right clicking and selecting "Run as administrator".

The first time you run it, it will ask for permission to download some files from Microsoft. You should say "Yes".

Using the tool

There are 2 things you need drivers for. Installing the Advent "stock" ROM from MyAdventVega and installing the Modaco Custom ROM from here (or any other install that says you need the "ADB" drivers). Make sure you know which one you need!

In Step 1, select what you are trying to do. Step 2 will show you what state your drivers are in and has an indicator at the end which will be red if there's a problem and green if everything is ready for you to install. I guess because you are here, it will be red ;)

Click "Next". This will enable the buttons in Step 3.

Click Part A to create a "system restore point". This is a backup of Windows that will enable you to take your PC back to how it was before you ran this tool in case anything goes wrong (it won't :D). Don't skip this step unless you know what you are doing.

Click Part B. This will remove any existing drivers for the Vega to make sure we start from a clean state (for old hands, this automates what we ask people to do with USBDeview).

Click Part C.

Now select how you would like to install the drivers.

If you don't know what you're doing, just leave this first option selected and click "Do it". The tool includes the latest drivers (as of today) and will automatically install them.

Select the second option if you have your own drivers and specifically want to install them, e.g. the ADB drivers from the SDK.

The third option will search all of your disks for suitable drivers and will prompt you to install for each one it finds. Obviously, if you select one, it will install and the search will stop.

The tool might tell you that the driver is installed before Windows have finished it's work. If it says it has finished but the indicator is still red, just wait for 30 seconds or so. If the tool says the driver is installed but the indicator never turns green, please come back for help.

If you get error 10, "device cannot start" or "daemon started" when you run an installer then nothing else, reboot your Vega and your PC. To reboot a Vega, hold the power button until the menu pops up, then select "Power off" or use an app. If you can't get into your Vega, hold power for at least 6 seconds.

Please remember this is a test version. No matter what, it won't screw up Windows so please do try it.

Please also take the time to report success or failure. I will be actively developing new releases so I need the feedback. I will be especially grateful for anyone who tests on Vista and Win 7 64 bit and reports back.

Finally, if you report a problem, please provide as much detail as possible. Screen shots would be graeat.

Cheers

Simon

If you want to say "thanks", and you do not yet use Dropbox (it's enormously useful, especially with mobile devices), please consider signing up for it using my reference. They give me extra free space if you do :P

Guest flip.c

Just wanted to say thanks to simonta for AUDI, as it has made it a doddle to install the Drivers.

Has worked first time with Widows 7 32 bit and 64 bit.

What I've done, is to run AUDI without the Vega being near the PC. Next, after telling AUDI about what is I want to install, I'll click in remove drivers (just to make sure. Probably not needed as Vega hasn't been connected!). Next, I click to install the correct driver. It's only then, after the driver's been installed, that I'll connect the Vega. The box at the bottom left turns green and all is OK!

Thanks again for your hard work ;)

Guest beegee1962
Any chance this could be made a sticky?

Maybe if Paul gets 100 PM's he reads at least one of them and makes some threads sticky (or assigns a moderator to this forum)

Guest The_Nitro

Thanks very much for this application. It has been very usefull for me. I was taking a lot of problems with ADB drivers on Win7, and it resolved all of them in a few minutes.

Very pleased guy, thanks again :)

Guest simonta
Thanks very much for this application. It has been very usefull for me. I was taking a lot of problems with ADB drivers on Win7, and it resolved all of them in a few minutes.

Very pleased guy, thanks again :)

No worries. Happy it helped..

Guest d1dd1

Hello,

thanks for this tool.

When I try to run it, I always get the error that it has to be started as Admin...

I already run it with "Run as Administrator " and checked the "Run as administrator in the audi.exe properties, but I'm still getting the error

(Windows 7 Professional 64Bit German only 1 User Account with admin rights)

Any idea ?

thanks

Edited by d1dd1

Guest simonta
Hello,

thanks for this tool.

When I try to run it, I always get the error that it has to be started as Admin...

I already run it with "Run as Administrator " and checked the "Run as administrator in the audi.exe properties, but I'm still getting the error

(Windows 7 Professional 64Bit German only 1 User Account with admin rights)

Any idea ?

thanks

Hi

The method I use to check for administrator should not depend on the language version but just to be sure, I've made a slight change and also added a way to skip the check so that you can run it anyway.

In my Dropbox folder is audi EXE 0.82.zip. Unzip AUDI.EXE from this and replace the existing EXE. Try again. If it still doesn't work, run it from a command line like this (easiest way to get to the command line is to hold shift, right click the folder where AUDI is installed and select open command window here):

audi /skip

Gruss

Simon

Guest d1dd1

This works like a charm, thank you very much !

There was no need to bypass the check with the command line option, it worked out of the box :-)

Unbelievable that your tool makes everything so easy :)

You should release this version in the first post, as I found another german member @xda with the same problem.

Thanks again !!!

Guest simonta
This works like a charm, thank you very much !

There was no need to bypass the check with the command line option, it worked out of the box :-)

Unbelievable that your tool makes everything so easy :)

You should release this version in the first post, as I found another german member @xda with the same problem.

Thanks again !!!

I'm glad it helped. I'll update the first post.

Vielen Dank!

Guest newbe5

I haven't used this in a while, but today I wanted to start doing some Vega stuff on a new PC, but instead of manually installing the drivers I decided to use AUDI.

Brilliant tool, amazing, fantastic. Saves a ton of time.

Well done man :)

newbe5

Guest premieral
I haven't used this in a while, but today I wanted to start doing some Vega stuff on a new PC, but instead of manually installing the drivers I decided to use AUDI.

Well done man B)

newbe5

impressed enough to share a little bit more about your dinner date last night?? :)

Guest simonta

Well done man :)

newbe5

Thanks and praise from newbe5. That cheered me up. Thanks dude!

Guest xathras
Thanks and praise from newbe5. That cheered me up. Thanks dude!

Thanks from me too. I haven't had to start from scratch for a very long time (I've been flipping between CM7 and VegaComb), so I'd never had to use your utility. However, when trying to upgrade my CM7 to RC1 today something went wrong (dodgy download ?) and I ended up with CM7 in an endless loop in the second stage of booting, so had no choice to start again from scratch. So I tried your tool for the first time and now I'm happily back running the stock ROM (1.10). You saved me a lot of time. Many thanks. :)

Guest RockVacirca

Not having much luck. I am on XP 32, and followed the instructions at the beginning of this post to the letter.

What the instructions do not say is whether the Vega should be connected to the PC, and if so, at what point (before or after launching AUDI, and what mode (USB storage on/off, Recovery Mode on/off) the Vega should be in.

Did I miss these steps somewhere?

Rock

Guest firebirdcabrio

I tried it at "Win7 64bit" and Run as administrator.. The indicator said The recovery Driver is not correctly installed "proceed step 3",

I created Restore Point succesfully PART A,

After that Deleted All Vega Drivers successfully PART B,

But when it comes to "Just get on with it" it makes nothing....

I tried Search for my computer nothing found..

So that doesnt works for me!!

BTW my Computer give "CODE 10 Error Device not found" at Device Manager.. My Tablet has blank screen so I need to fix it but can not... :)

Guest simonta
Not having much luck. I am on XP 32, and followed the instructions at the beginning of this post to the letter.

What the instructions do not say is whether the Vega should be connected to the PC, and if so, at what point (before or after launching AUDI, and what mode (USB storage on/off, Recovery Mode on/off) the Vega should be in.

Did I miss these steps somewhere?

Rock

Vega connected before you use AUDI. USB Debugging (not USB storage) on to use ADB and recovery mode to install stock ROM or use other flash installs. The installation instructions for each ROM or update will tell you which one you need.

Guest simonta
I tried it at "Win7 64bit" and Run as administrator.. The indicator said The recovery Driver is not correctly installed "proceed step 3",

I created Restore Point succesfully PART A,

After that Deleted All Vega Drivers successfully PART B,

But when it comes to "Just get on with it" it makes nothing....

I tried Search for my computer nothing found..

So that doesnt works for me!!

BTW my Computer give "CODE 10 Error Device not found" at Device Manager.. My Tablet has blank screen so I need to fix it but can not... :)

Something wrong here. "Just get on with it" does not search. Did you use this? Or did you search? If you search, the latest, correct drivers are in a sub-folder beneath AUDI.EXE. They are installed with AUDI. If you use "Just get on with it", it will use these drivers without searching.

Code 10 device not found is exactly what it says. I am guessing that you have installed the recovery drivers but your Vega is not in recovery. My YAUDIG guide tells you everything you need to know.

Edited by simonta