ZTE Racer 12 Key Keypad and User Dictionary

Guest andrew walsall

Guest andrew walsall

I have ZTE Racer on 3 network.

I purchased this recently as it looked a good phone but when i started to use it the phone defaulted to QWERTY mode for texting.

I have tried setting the phone to 12 key keypad which appears when it feels like it and when it does it does not access the User Dictionary which you can add words to but the keypad texting does not seem to see the added words.

Can anyone advise me what im doing wrong to get the 12 key keypad texting option to work as QWERTY is not my favourite way of texting.

I have tried installing handcent but this does not recognise the phone User Dictionary either.

Anyone with a ZTE Racer who is using an alternative Keyboard from android market that works for 12 key predictive texting which adds to the ZTE user dictionary can you please advise what your using.

Cheers.

All help is most appreciated.

Andrew

Guest andrew walsall

Thanks I will give it a go. Good to know a fellow racer user has actually used it.

Andrew

:)

i use better keyboard 8 on my racer, you might give it a shot, its best in my opinion

Guest Khan Miro

I was also using the better keyboard 8 as I also though it was the best one around :) And then I flashed the 2.3 ROM and kind'o like the new android stock keyboard, so I won't migrate to better keyboard for now, but I sure recommend it :)

Guest equiliym
I was also using the better keyboard 8 as I also though it was the best one around :) And then I flashed the 2.3 ROM and kind'o like the new android stock keyboard, so I won't migrate to better keyboard for now, but I sure recommend it :)

i also tried htc ime touch input, was quite nice imo, pic related

post-840416-1303064143_thumb.png

Guest andrew walsall
Try smart keyboard pro, maybe you like it?

Does smart keyboard pro support old style 12 key predictive text input with user dictionary you can add new words to it please? I tried downloading better keyboard 8 and could not get the t9 keyboard to show only the QWERTY Keyboard

Guest equiliym
Does smart keyboard pro support old style 12 key predictive text input with user dictionary you can add new words to it please? I tried downloading better keyboard 8 and could not get the t9 keyboard to show only the QWERTY Keyboard

have you tried messing in the better keyboard 8 settings?

Guest andrew walsall
have you tried messing in the better keyboard 8 settings?

Yes i did but i was using the free trial version I did not pay for the unlock so im not sure if it shows any different i thought i would see what it was like before buying it.