[dev] honeycomb sdk port

Guest add.thebad

Guest stevie_mac
People working on this may find this interesting:-

honeycomb on ni adam

The Adam is based on a harmony tegra (from what I have read) same as vega so this work may help.

(Pointless but enthusiastic post warning...)

Looks promising indeed, reading the posts it seems they have progressed quite far solving the GL exceptions they were stuck on.

Is this something we can use for the Vega?

Fingers crossed.

Steve.

Guest stevesilk51

Getting close now, glad I have an Adam and I'm sure in the not too distant future there will be a Vega port as well! :mellow:

Guest warriorscot

It would certainly be easier to port from an Adam than a XOOM or one of the other Ventana devices. Would still be issues though as far as I know nobody has tried to port the ADAM rom to a vega so it may be more difficult than it would appear at first glance.

Guest add.thebad
It would certainly be easier to port from an Adam than a XOOM or one of the other Ventana devices. Would still be issues though as far as I know nobody has tried to port the ADAM rom to a vega so it may be more difficult than it would appear at first glance.

yeah i havnt head of a harmony tablet running anything yet so it should make it a bit easyer.

My attempts have been from the sdk image or from a Snapdragon chipset so not even dual core

I will try swap in the system image and see what happens

Guest Mattyb_uk

Hey all

First post here. Just joined as a prospective VEGA owner. (waiting for delivery)

Just looking at all of these Honeycomb rumours flying round the net. I saw the twitter post from Advent that they are investigating honeycomb and will let everyone know. If they don't do it or if it's looking unlikely, would it be worth raising some funds on a site such as Kickstarter to pay a dev to port Honeycomb over. i.e.everyone lobs a bit of cash in we raise the funds as a community and alpha/beta test it as a community?

Just a thought..

Guest add.thebad
Hey all

First post here. Just joined as a prospective VEGA owner. (waiting for delivery)

Just looking at all of these Honeycomb rumours flying round the net. I saw the twitter post from Advent that they are investigating honeycomb and will let everyone know. If they don't do it or if it's looking unlikely, would it be worth raising some funds on a site such as Kickstarter to pay a dev to port Honeycomb over. i.e.everyone lobs a bit of cash in we raise the funds as a community and alpha/beta test it as a community?

Just a thought..

yeah their are plenty of rumours flying around here about that and perhaps we will see official from advent one day, it would cirtainly make sense because then the tablet would be a much more main stream device

as for a dev building a copy that look more more likely. the only thing is google wont release any code (however i think we will see a new version of android or some code at least after google i/o on monday). so without the code its hard to build anything that will work well.

you could even do what i did and do alot of reading and now I am attempting and SDK port which will be very buggy and slow if i can get it to work. Im sure if you hold out we will see honecomb or icecream sandwich on here some day

Guest brucelee666

Following from my post above, I have been looking at this (as previous attempts trying sdk and nexus ports resulted in boot loops same as adam).

Although I haven't got to an update image ready yet it is becoming apparent that the vega is going to struggle with a system partition size of 122mb.

StephenH just posted on above thread for adam users to increase this from 209mb to 512mb which is fine as the adam has 1gb not 512mb as the vega.

Looking at Pauls transformer update and the adam stuff the system.img are roughly 135-150mb in size, just wondering has anyone trying this resized the partitions ?

Also roebeet who got the adam stuff working on the gtab mentions different bootloader.bin on that tablet and seeing as this file changed from 1.08 to 1.09 official update, would it help to use the newer bootloader.bin or does it not make a difference ?

Edited by brucelee666

Guest add.thebad

Yeah I had found issues with the system size sonic just deleted some apps that aren't important to make it fit.

as for the bootloader.bin I haven't tried anything from this yet hoping to give it ago tonight

Guest il_cholo
wow! good to see you managed to get it booting. how did u manage it? can you upload?

nice work :)

why don´t you join efforts to get the already corvus booting HC fixed and tweaked? :unsure:

Guest the_corvus
wow! good to see you managed to get it booting. how did u manage it? can you upload?

nice work :unsure:

No sorry... is not ready yet, only boots... no wifi, no good touchscreen...

Corvus.