[ROM] X920 Series: ZeroUI-Ooberlite 6.5.5

Guest xlightwaverx

Guest marioa69

So i installed this Rom and its great, just one thing i cant get to work.

I installed the Samsung dialer and the contacts and call log buttons on the dialer don't respond.

Do i have a defective dialer?

Guest nvrmind

I had a quick question... When you have a missed call, and you tap notifications and view, it opens the call log viewer. I can't figure out how to get it open without there being a missed call. Do you know what I should create a shortcut to?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RoyalDrew

Great ROM! I only have one issue..

After flashing it seems that file associations are cut.. the programs for viewing images and videos are there but when I try to open the files it gives me the "The file 'x' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found..." error.

The only media that seems to open is a .divx file

What's the cleanest way to fix this?

Guest nickmo20
Great ROM! I only have one issue..

After flashing it seems that file associations are cut.. the programs for viewing images and videos are there but when I try to open the files it gives me the "The file 'x' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found..." error.

The only media that seems to open is a .divx file

What's the cleanest way to fix this?

The way this ROM is built is for you to use your own apps, instead of all the lame apps loaded by samsung and verizon. the easiest way to fix this is by installing something else.

For example: Windows Media will play something if I open it through WMP. But I use Resco Photo Manager Pro for pictures taken, as well as to edit, or browse my device. OR try to find a free app through marketplace...

See, at Modaco, I can't necessarily post a link to a lesser legal site because it's not allowed, but there are sites to find apps for free, that aren't normally otherwise.....

Guest RoyalDrew
The way this ROM is built is for you to use your own apps, instead of all the lame apps loaded by samsung and verizon. the easiest way to fix this is by installing something else.

For example: Windows Media will play something if I open it through WMP. But I use Resco Photo Manager Pro for pictures taken, as well as to edit, or browse my device. OR try to find a free app through marketplace...

See, at Modaco, I can't necessarily post a link to a lesser legal site because it's not allowed, but there are sites to find apps for free, that aren't normally otherwise.....

I understand that this ROM is stripped of almost everything but it also seems that x still wanted it to be fully functional.

I'm guessing that if x did not want the Pictures & Videos app to be on there and functioning he wouldn't have put it on there. The same thing with WMP..

I don't need to view pictures or videos on my phone enough to think about buying or pirating another bit of software.

All I'm asking for is how to map the file associations to these programs that are already on the phone.

Thanks

Guest xlightwaverx
I understand that this ROM is stripped of almost everything but it also seems that x still wanted it to be fully functional.

I'm guessing that if x did not want the Pictures & Videos app to be on there and functioning he wouldn't have put it on there. The same thing with WMP..

I don't need to view pictures or videos on my phone enough to think about buying or pirating another bit of software.

All I'm asking for is how to map the file associations to these programs that are already on the phone.

Thanks

Im going to have to release a patch I guess...

X

Guest RoyalDrew
Im going to have to release a patch I guess...

X

No need for all that if I'm the only one that cares.. I think I've done all i need to do anyways.

\HKCR\jpegimage\Shell\Open\Command

Default "PhotoAlbum.exe" %1

I'm guessing wherever I see ("PhotoAlbum.exe" %1) associated with images I should change it to (\Windows\pimg.exe %1)

pimg.exe is the executable for Pictures & Videos right?

and may I ask what the difference between CubicWMPlayer.exe and WMPlayer.exe is??

Guest nickmo20
and may I ask what the difference between CubicWMPlayer.exe and WMPlayer.exe is??

The difference is how you get to the application. It's something with the shortcut extension, right? correct me if i'm wrong. You're just using another application to open it.

Guest xlightwaverx
The difference is how you get to the application. It's something with the shortcut extension, right? correct me if i'm wrong. You're just using another application to open it.

The default Windows Media Player seems to consume about 50-60 megs of RAM if I remember correctly when ran on this device. The cubic version seems to present the same windows media player interface without all the RAM being eaten up, because stock windows media player didn't come with the i920 because it would have never been able to run. This is a Samsung Fix.

X

Guest nickmo20
The default Windows Media Player seems to consume about 50-60 megs of RAM if I remember correctly when ran on this device. The cubic version seems to present the same windows media player interface without all the RAM being eaten up, because stock windows media player didn't come with the i920 because it would have never been able to run. This is a Samsung Fix.

X

hmm... I guess I'm not sure, because I didn't keep my i920 stock but for maybe a week. I modded it immediately, haha! WMP works fine for me now though, and uses about 5-8mb RAM when playing a movie. not sure how it could have used 50-60mb RAM. If I remember correctly they only had 142MB RAM total, and only 60-70mb free after a soft-reset and little apps installed. We still have the stock i920's for my old job (not even updated DG21 firmware because they're stupid) Maybe I'll take a look at those.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nickmo20
Has anyone tried integrating facebook or twitter with spb MS and 23569?

They have their own status update icons... Do you even have SPB installed? this is an obvious answer if you'd look into it yourself. SPB even offers a demo for 30 days for you to see if you like it. there aren't full-on apps as to where it updates you like text/phone/email notifications or anything, but that's what windows live is for. Get it for Windows 7 PC and your phone for the best results.

Guest bigbuni

Anyone run into an issue where the LED notification wont shut off? After text or any other alerts it will just keep flashing. I have tried diabling LED notifications in settings, but when I reenable them it starts flashing as it was, the only thing I can do is a soft reset. Sometimes if I get another text it will cancel out after acknowledged. Any Ideas? Any registry settings to limit the length of the LED notification to only like a minute?

Just curious, not major, i can live with it if nothing can be done.

Guest Quada
They have their own status update icons... Do you even have SPB installed? this is an obvious answer if you'd look into it yourself. SPB even offers a demo for 30 days for you to see if you like it. there aren't full-on apps as to where it updates you like text/phone/email notifications or anything, but that's what windows live is for. Get it for Windows 7 PC and your phone for the best results.

Of course I have SPB installed! I realize my question is fairly vaque so I will try to explain better here..

Alright so right now on my i920, I have AMDZero's LITE ROM installed (6.5.5 23569). I also have the FULL version of SPB MS installed. I realize what SPB shell is and I somewhat know my way around it. My problem is that SPB MS is complete garbage on my phone; not much of what they advertise actually works and their customer service is garbage as well. Trust me, I have looked into the issue and I have come to the conclusion that MS was not designed around 6.5.5 (even the customer service lady hinted at that).

The reason that I posted here is because I would very much like to try this ROM and install MS. I'm just not sure if I should go back to a ROM with 6.5.3 which is another problem because there aren't many good LITE ROMs built around 6.5.3.

So nickmo, if you have MS and you can be so kind as to test some of the features (facebook/twitter integration, theme settings, playlist controls, bing search widget) with 23569, that would be appreciated. Then I can see if it is actually something on my end (which I honestly don't think it is because I reflashed my phone and also reinstalled MS but I keep having these same problems).

Thanks for the reply

Guest nickmo20
Of course I have SPB installed! I realize my question is fairly vaque so I will try to explain better here..

Alright so right now on my i920, I have AMDZero's LITE ROM installed (6.5.5 23569). I also have the FULL version of SPB MS installed. I realize what SPB shell is and I somewhat know my way around it. My problem is that SPB MS is complete garbage on my phone; not much of what they advertise actually works and their customer service is garbage as well. Trust me, I have looked into the issue and I have come to the conclusion that MS was not designed around 6.5.5 (even the customer service lady hinted at that).

The reason that I posted here is because I would very much like to try this ROM and install MS. I'm just not sure if I should go back to a ROM with 6.5.3 which is another problem because there aren't many good LITE ROMs built around 6.5.3.

So nickmo, if you have MS and you can be so kind as to test some of the features (facebook/twitter integration, theme settings, playlist controls, bing search widget) with 23569, that would be appreciated. Then I can see if it is actually something on my end (which I honestly don't think it is because I reflashed my phone and also reinstalled MS but I keep having these same problems).

Thanks for the reply

This ROM is the ONLY ROM I have ran since its release. I love it! I'm a chef that came over from the i910 (omnia 1) but had issues building for i920. and talking with 'X' he built this ROM to my liking and request. PLENTY of free RAM, ROM, options. I am running spb ms 3.5, iphone today 1.5.4, Host 1.5, Titanium, (not all at once, I alternate) the only thing i haven't tried with this is Sense, but that's because i dont like it. On spb shell, i have the Win7 skin from MSkip and it's still fine! I have a few other tweaks I do on my own but nothing that would help you majorly, just my personal preference.

My recommendation would be to go through samsung settings and disable anything samsung that you can. example: service LED, lock screen (which isnt installed on this ROM), large indicator, definitely disable TouchWiz UI. In turn, you'll have a lot of freed up RAM by saving processes on your phone, every process soaks up RAM slowing it down... A fresh flash to this ROM, and disabling what I said, should give you 112mb ROM free (easily) after soft reset.

BEWARE though, because 'X' removed the start menu, so press the OK button to access the main X menu. by removing the start menu, it helps open up some options. I don't miss it, especially with different UI's

I hope this helps

-Nick

Guest nickmo20
Anyone run into an issue where the LED notification wont shut off? After text or any other alerts it will just keep flashing. I have tried diabling LED notifications in settings, but when I reenable them it starts flashing as it was, the only thing I can do is a soft reset. Sometimes if I get another text it will cancel out after acknowledged. Any Ideas? Any registry settings to limit the length of the LED notification to only like a minute?

Just curious, not major, i can live with it if nothing can be done.

Search around here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\CONTROL PANEL\NOTIFICATIONS <- here you can change the settings for: Default, Phone, Reminders, Shell Overrides, Sounds, and some random settings (alarm, etc)

If you change anything, please make sure you save/back up/ remember what the original setting was so you do NOT mess up your phone. Even though this isn't anything major in registry... You always have to be cautious.

And if you have any more questions, feel free to PM me because I'm not on here enough to remember to check this post.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest xlightwaverx

Anybody still using this? Anyone having issues with applications not loading after using and closing them 2-3 times?

X

Guest cellguru45

X920 Series: ZeroUI-Ooberlite 6.5.5

This is the X-920 Series OOBERLITE RELEASE Version 2.0 with UPX & PNGOUT COMPRESSION.

welcomehead.192.pngoober1.pngoober3.pngoober2.png

Removed:

Everything (Even the Start Menu)

Put Back In:

Windows Mobile 6.5.29022

WinMo Standard Today [Zero-UI]

Samung DG21 Dynamic Link Libraries [No-UPX Compression]

Executables for Samsung Configurations [uPX'd]

Camera and Firmware for the i920 [uPX'd}

Samsung Stock Software

Samsung Settings [uPX'd]

Zero Samsung Stock Software Included

Add-In Software [uPX'd]

Auto-Rotate 1.2.0.19865

Mortscript 4.2

MyPhone [Latest]

xLightWaverX Minimized Black Theme

The X-Menu

Currently Working On:

Nothing, this is Final OoberLITE Release

ROM Information:

Total Program RAM - 150MB

Available Program Ram - 105MB

Total Storage - 350MB

Available Storage - 325.0MB

PagePool - 10MB

UPX Compression

PNGOUT Compression

Optimized Boot.RGU with 2MB Cache [Fat, Data, Bitmap] Cooked In.

Thanks

AMDZero - Without you, we'd all be running about like Swedish Chefs.

Wes - Awesome Rom Tool

My GF, for putting up with the Endless Nights of working on these ROMs

Appreciated Donations

Brian W, tedkord, nickmo20, ultralight23, Stylii

Downloads

X-920 Series: Zero-UI OoberLITE Version 2.0 Final [x920series.DG21.29022.ZeroUI-Ooberlite.V2.0.UPX-PNGOUT-07-09-2011.nb0.7z (84Mb)] [07-09-11]

how can i resize the bottom bar ? It to big for me, it hire something in some program. Sorry for my English.

Edited by VNN

• 2 months later...