New firmware available to download.

Guest RedSlug

Guest RedSlug

Also MyNet is now in English.

Anything else I wonder.....

Camera doesn't green screen...

MyCloud/MyDesktop PC software doesnt appear to be availble for download yet. Maybe this can be got from the splashtop website??

EDIT: yup and it works well!! Streaming an xvid flawlessly over wifi

You can download the PC/Mac "MyDesktop" software from here...

http://www.splashtop.com/remote/download?from=product

The following is from XDA Forums (Thanks StuntDouble)

-Updated Wifi driver.

-Updated Kernel.

-MyNet now in English not Spanish.

-@Vibe app moved to MyCloud.

-My Cloud has been added. Adds MyContent, Mydesktop, @Vibe. (requires a download from Asus site)

-Asus Web Storage added (windows version).

-Adds Splashtop Remote desktop for free. :) (www.splashtopremote.com) Works pretty fast via wifi, and just mirrors your desktop, as if you were using hdmi. Rescales to fit the eee pads resolution though.

-Generally things feel a bit snappier.

-New MyZine widgets. (adds a slideshow of your pics, shows calendar daily notifications and weather in your location. Also shows last visited bookmark and last played song, email unread count, event count, stored ebooks counter)

-Green camera issue fixed.

-Asus Web Storage option added to sharing options menu.

-Added independant alarm ringer volume bar to settings.

-Added option to make any photo a contact photo from gallery.

-Market MyApps icons loading faster.

-Compass fixed.

Things broken with update (maybe just on my device):

-Browser intermittent screen corruption and FC's.

-MyCloud settings icon does nothing.

-MyZine app icon missing?

-MyZine FC'ing on boot.

-Faster battery drain.

Things still not fixed:

-Speaker balance still off. (louder in right speaker)

-Bad fps on video recording.

post-738355-1303187886_thumb.png

Edited by RedSlug

Guest foxmeister

MyCloud/MyDesktop PC software doesnt appear to be availble for download yet. Maybe this can be got from the splashtop website?? EDIT: yup and it works well!! Streaming an xvid flawlessly over wifi

Just an FYI, but this update doesn't install on an MCR'd Transformer.

Regards,

Dave

MyCloud/MyDesktop PC software doesnt appear to be availble for download yet. Maybe this can be got from the splashtop website?? EDIT: yup and it works well!! Streaming an xvid flawlessly over wifi

The mycloud stuff was in the update when I did it this morning. Didn't need to install it separately..

Guest foxmeister
The mycloud stuff was in the update when I did it this morning. Didn't need to install it separately..

Just peeking inside the dlpkgfile from /cache, and as well as the new apps there are quite a few patches. I'm thinking I may roll back MCR for the time being to see how this update works out.

Regards,

Dave

Guest s.morris

Hi Guys,

Well restored my backup, and now it saying there is no update, when previously it was saying there was but I could not install due to Pauls rom

Steve

Guest RedSlug

I meant the PC software. The MyCloud app was installed with the update.

Guest foxmeister
Hi Guys,

Well restored my backup, and now it saying there is no update, when previously it was saying there was but I could not install due to Pauls rom

Steve

Try moving the dlpkgfile from /cache.

Regards,

Dave

Guest blondejon

I think Ill leave mine on the CFW for now, it works fine and id be interested to see if Paul does an update based around the update.....

Guest foxmeister

Just seen a tweet in @paulobriens timeline from @stridger that this update enables signature checking on updates. So, if you apply this update, you may no longer be able to apply custom ROMs.

That being the case, I'm going to avoid this update until a "safe" version is posted/included in MCR.

Regards,

Dave

Guest mimminito

Here is a list of features (from XDA forums) which the new update brings:

-Updated Wifi driver.

-Updated Kernel.

-MyNet now in English not Spanish.

-@Vibe app moved to MyCloud.

-My Cloud has been added. Adds MyContent, Mydesktop, @Vibe. (requires a download from Asus site)

-Asus Web Storage added (windows version).

-Adds Splashtop Remote desktop for free. (www.splashtopremote.com) Works pretty fast via wifi, and just mirrors your desktop, as if you were using hdmi. Rescales to fit the eee pads resolution though.

-Generally things feel a bit snappier.

-New MyZine widgets. (adds a slideshow of your pics, shows calendar daily notifications and weather in your location. Also shows last visited bookmark and last played song, email unread count, event count, stored ebooks counter)

-Green camera issue fixed.

-Asus Web Storage option added to sharing options menu.

-Added independant alarm ringer volume bar to settings.

-Added option to make any photo a contact photo from gallery.

-Market MyApps icons loading faster.

Things broken with update (maybe just on my device):

-Browser intermittent screen corruption and FC's.

-MyCloud settings icon does nothing.

-MyZine app icon missing?

-MyZine FC'ing on boot.

-Faster battery drain.

Things still not fixed:

-Speaker balance still off. (louder in right speaker)

-Bad fps on video recording.

Im trying to find the links to the new downloads for PC from the Asus website. Maybe someone could update the main post with the info above, and the links? Then sticky it for everyone to see?

Guest android_tim
Here is a list of features (from XDA forums) which the new update brings:

Im trying to find the links to the new downloads for PC from the Asus website. Maybe someone could update the main post with the info above, and the links? Then sticky it for everyone to see?

Same here, cant find them on the asus website. Links would be great

Guest mimminito
Same here, cant find them on the asus website. Links would be great

The actual transformer site seems to be down. Maybe they are updating it with the links now, and making a few changes?

Guest Matchstick
The actual transformer site seems to be down. Maybe they are updating it with the links now, and making a few changes?

Looks like Asus have updated the Download page for the the Transformer with a new version (V1.0.18) of the Eee Pad Pc Suite installer (dated 17th April) which worked fine on my Win 7 64bit install and also includes the Splashtop remote desktop server.

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLan...ansformer+TF101

Splashtop itself seems quite OK with an advantage over Logmein & Pocketcloud that you don't have to drag a cursor around but just tap on the screen where you want to click, BUT it has a big draw back that it doesn't bypass firewalls & NAT like LMI etc so you either have to create a manual Firewall/NAT rule for it, or connect via VPN/SSH Tunnel

Personally I think I'll stick to Pocketcloud.

Edited by Matchstick

Guest foxmeister
Splashtop itself seems quite OK with an advantage over Logmein & Pocketcloud that you don't have to drag a cursor around but just tap on the screen where you want to click,

You don't have to drag the cursor around with Pocketcloud either - at least not the Pro version anyway.

Regards,

Dave

Guest Matchstick
You don't have to drag the cursor around with Pocketcloud either - at least not the Pro version anyway.

Regards,

Dave

You're right !!

I'd never noticed that, DOH :)

Guest GMScribe

Splash desktop works great though I would like to be able to lock the screen drag gesture so that I can paint in photoshop etc.

Generally more responsive here, haven't checked battery, haven't yet en-counted other errors mentioned.

Still want authenticated proxy support!

Guest s.morris
Try moving the dlpkgfile from /cache.

Regards,

Dave

Hi Guys,

Ok started from fresh, did a compleat wipe ( Power on with volume down ) , but it is still saying there is no update when previously there was .

can someone point me in the direction of the cache folder that dave mentioned

Steve

Guest foxmeister
Hi Guys,

Ok started from fresh, did a compleat wipe ( Power on with volume down ) , but it is still saying there is no update when previously there was .

can someone point me in the direction of the cache folder that dave mentioned

Steve

It's in /cache - you should be able to find the directory via the Asus File Manager on the Transformer!

However, if you've wiped, I'd have thought it would have been deleted already.

Regards,

Dave

Guest Abnormal1

Ok So I have been looking at the above posted update.zip and it looks like the current recovery is deleted using the command

delete("/system/recovery.img")
Thing is I can not workout how the new recovery is then written. I did suspect
assert(package_extract_file("blob", "/tmp/blob"), write_raw_image("/tmp/blob", "staging"),delete("/tmp/blob"));

But I had a look at the blob file in a hex editor and it looks like it is a new radio.

Everything else in the updater-script is just patching system files and setting file permissions.

Anyone here who knows more about this stuff.