[ROM] Corvus5 (newbe5 and Corvus teamed ROM)

Guest the_corvus

Guest andrew531
press and hold on home screen and options box will pop up, select add widget and choose the auto rotate widget its all in the first page of the corvus 5.

then when playing games press this widget first it will go dim to show it is effective,

this will fix teh accelerometer so it works properly.

the mouse game adjuster you refer to is just an app to run a script that reboots the tablet. it is automatically in game mode but you need to use the widget to switch the accelerometer fix on.

Hi Premieral,

thanks for the reply. I have tried this and have the widget on the screen (A 'Tron esque' arrow) I press it and the light dims as you described. I then press the doodle jump icon and play game and nothing has changed? The doodle guy still goes the opposite way as it did prior to using the widget.

I will try a reboot to see if it makes any difference.

PS - my memory card is still buggared!!! ha ha so another one is on its way

Guest andrew531
Hi Premieral,

thanks for the reply. I have tried this and have the widget on the screen (A 'Tron esque' arrow) I press it and the light dims as you described. I then press the doodle jump icon and play game and nothing has changed? The doodle guy still goes the opposite way as it did prior to using the widget.

I will try a reboot to see if it makes any difference.

PS - my memory card is still buggared!!! ha ha so another one is on its way

Still doesnt work even after reboot................

Guest premieral
Still doesnt work even after reboot................

sorry andrew not played that game so i cant check and i am using vegacomb at present.

i will download the game on this rom and see what occurs.

ok paid my 99 cents and downloaded, it works ok , bit oversensitive but once used to it its playable, not as smooth as on my ipad but defo works.

so without using corvus5 i cant be much more help.

i know when i used it previously the accelerometer seemed to be affected and made worse when i updated to service pack1, have you loaded this??

if so why not try a clean install of just corvus5 and see if it works, and vice versa if you havent loaded sp1 then try flashing this and see what happens.

if you do get it working post here so it can help others but at least you know it works on vegacomb

i also noticed when i downloaded that it has been upgraded for tablets is it this version you have? if not try updating see if that helps?

Edited by premieral

Guest andrew531
Does this happen for anyone else?

Yes mine force closes too!!!??? and my accelerometer doesnt work properly - any solutions?

Guest premieral
Yes mine force closes too!!!??? and my accelerometer doesnt work properly - any solutions?

what force closes too??? if its the about device thats always been a known bug with this rom but you would assume you know what your device is so not a biggy, see above for other suggestion as accelerometer only went wonky for me after the sp1 update.

Guest andrew531
sorry andrew not played that game so i cant check and i am using vegacomb at present.

i will download the game on this rom and see what occurs.

ok paid my 99 cents and downloaded, it works ok , bit oversensitive but once used to it its playable, not as smooth as on my ipad but defo works.

so without using corvus5 i cant be much more help.

i know when i used it previously the accelerometer seemed to be affected and made worse when i updated to service pack1, have you loaded this??

if so why not try a clean install of just corvus5 and see if it works, and vice versa if you havent loaded sp1 then try flashing this and see what happens.

if you do get it working post here so it can help others but at least you know it works on vegacomb

i also noticed when i downloaded that it has been upgraded for tablets is it this version you have? if not try updating see if that helps?

thanks premieral

I have only loaded Corvus5 so I guess I havent got SP1 yet. I will search for it and give it a go. The doodlejump I was using is the same one that worked on R8. Is the sP1 just an update with add ons? I wont lost all current profiles etc will I ?

Guest andrew531
thanks premieral

I have only loaded Corvus5 so I guess I havent got SP1 yet. I will search for it and give it a go. The doodlejump I was using is the same one that worked on R8. Is the sP1 just an update with add ons? I wont lost all current profiles etc will I ?

I will also download another accelerometer game to test ..........

Guest premieral
I will also download another accelerometer game to test ..........

no sp1 is just a flash update so nothing lost, when you installed corvus5 did you wipe your cache including dalvik ??

try speedx as i know that worked beautifully in corvus5 and also crazy snowboard as that was the first game that i know newbe5 fix fixed for me as it didnt work on any other rom incl mcr8

Guest andrew531
no sp1 is just a flash update so nothing lost, when you installed corvus5 did you wipe your cache including dalvik ??

try speedx as i know that worked beautifully in corvus5 and also crazy snowboard as that was the first game that i know newbe5 fix fixed for me as it didnt work on any other rom incl mcr8

Yes I wiped dalvik and cache etc.

It appears looking back through this thread that many people have the same issue. Out of interest what is the modules file for on the first page of this thread as part of the Corvus5 ROM. It doesnt seem to be explained in the descriptive.

thanks mate for your advice so far

Guest premieral
Yes I wiped dalvik and cache etc.

It appears looking back through this thread that many people have the same issue. Out of interest what is the modules file for on the first page of this thread as part of the Corvus5 ROM. It doesnt seem to be explained in the descriptive.

thanks mate for your advice so far

corvus did some experimental stuff for gamepads eyetoy etc that you can try at your own risk and he put them in the modules zip, the accelerometer issues you read about in the thread are since people applied the sp1 update it was the first rom that actually fixed the accelerometer issue so before sp1 it was a revelation :) and worked.

have you tried the two games i know worked well with corvus 5?

Guest andrew531
corvus did some experimental stuff for gamepads eyetoy etc that you can try at your own risk and he put them in the modules zip, the accelerometer issues you read about in the thread are since people applied the sp1 update it was the first rom that actually fixed the accelerometer issue so before sp1 it was a revelation :) and worked.

have you tried the two games i know worked well with corvus 5?

Hi,

I have done sp1 install (I think - not sure how I know it is done) and doodlejump still doesnt work. However Speedx and crazy snowboarder do work!! So it must just be doodlejump.

I have just noticed that recovery icon has gone after installing Corvus5? I installed the sp1 update via ROM Manager is that right? Sorry for the silly newby questions

Guest premieral
Hi,

I have done sp1 install (I think - not sure how I know it is done) and doodlejump still doesnt work. However Speedx and crazy snowboarder do work!! So it must just be doodlejump.

I have just noticed that recovery icon has gone after installing Corvus5? I installed the sp1 update via ROM Manager is that right? Sorry for the silly newby questions

Yes it says in the notes that recovery app not needed anymore as rom manager does same job just hit boot to recovery

Guest ThomasAstor

Everytime I reboot [had to] Corvus5, the live wallpaper disappears. Any reasons why?

Usually, gReader gives me some FC.

At least now the widgets remain on the screen after reboot.

Secondly, is a backup with Rom Manager similar to a Nandroid one?

Thanks

Guest nickj76

why is it that I can't install SP1 without ending up with just the back light coming on and nothing else.

Try a fresh install of 1.10 then cwm, then install corvus5 (yep i wiped cache, dalvik etc and everthing works fine), then SP1 (then just blank screen with back light on)

any help would be great, the same thing happens when i try install vegacomb (only version 1.4 worked) my vega is not over clocked either.

Nick

why is it that I can't install SP1 without ending up with just the back light coming on and nothing else.

Try a fresh install of 1.10 then cwm, then install corvus5 (yep i wiped cache, dalvik etc and everthing works fine), then SP1 (then just blank screen with back light on)

any help would be great, the same thing happens when i try install vegacomb (only version 1.4 worked) my vega is not over clocked either.

Nick

There is no bootscreen with Corvus5SP1 - it takes a while to boot first time...have you waited?

Guest nickj76
There is no bootscreen with Corvus5SP1 - it takes a while to boot first time...have you waited?

Yep tried leaving it 10 minutes twice

Erm, there is a bootscreen? Same as the Corvus5 one?

Not on my install there isn't I went straight from a clean 1.10 installed recovery and went to C5 and then straight to SP1, never saw a boot animation/screen....reading this forum I do find it strange how so many people have so many different experiences with the same software.

Guest newbe5
Not on my install there isn't I went straight from a clean 1.10 installed recovery and went to C5 and then straight to SP1, never saw a boot animation/screen....reading this forum I do find it strange how so many people have so many different experiences with the same software.

I'll have to check that out, but there should be one :)

Guest kptnznty
Everytime I reboot [had to] Corvus5, the live wallpaper disappears. Any reasons why?

Usually, gReader gives me some FC.

At least now the widgets remain on the screen after reboot.

Secondly, is a backup with Rom Manager similar to a Nandroid one?

Thanks

Have you installed any app to move apps to sd? If so, leave wallpaper in the tablet.

Guest MikhailM
I'll have to check that out, but there should be one :)

I have done the same clean install from stock 1.10 to corvus 5 and then SP1 and you definitely get the inimation screen with the grid and your "flashing" special logo. Works fine on every re-boot or boot.

Newbe - Corvus % and SP1 is still the fastest and most stable Vega rom around. Everything works (apart from the Home and All Apps screens not rotating, but that is hardly an issue!). Very well done!

Reluctantly had to go back to it from your Vegacomb, but will gladly go back to Vegacomb once you and your co-devs very kindly get it fully working for all of us. Hope you will continue improving it and manage to get flash, acceleration and camera fully working. You have a multitude of eager fans waiting for 1.7!

MikhailM.

I have done the same clean install from stock 1.10 to corvus 5 and then SP1 and you definitely get the inimation screen with the grid and your "flashing" special logo. Works fine on every re-boot or boot.

Newbe - Corvus % and SP1 is still the fastest and most stable Vega rom around. Everything works (apart from the Home and All Apps screens not rotating, but that is hardly an issue!). Very well done!

Reluctantly had to go back to it from your Vegacomb, but will gladly go back to Vegacomb once you and your co-devs very kindly get it fully working for all of us. Hope you will continue improving it and manage to get flash, acceleration and camera fully working. You have a multitude of eager fans waiting for 1.7!

MikhailM.

Tried CM7 and decided to go back to C5 - did a fresh install and the boot screen is now there....so I was wrong.

Guest Big Dev

Is it ok to run this rom without overclocking. I need to get as much battery life from my vega as possible. How does not overclocking affect this rom?