Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chicknlil

Keyboards

3 posts in this topic

My new Viewpad7 came with Swype as the only option for a keyboard - which surprised me a bit given everything else I'd read seem to imply I'd had several options for a keyboard. I did check in the settings - Swype is the only option listed. I've tried installing other keyboards, and while I see them listed under the input methods - I can't actually select them as the active keyboard.

Any thoughts/suggestions? I'm hesitant to freeze/uninstall Swype as I don't want to screw the system up, but its definitely not my preferred keyboard!

My new Viewpad7 came with Swype as the only option for a keyboard - which surprised me a bit given everything else I'd read seem to imply I'd had several options for a keyboard. I did check in the settings - Swype is the only option listed. I've tried installing other keyboards, and while I see them listed under the input methods - I can't actually select them as the active keyboard.

Any thoughts/suggestions? I'm hesitant to freeze/uninstall Swype as I don't want to screw the system up, but its definitely not my preferred keyboard!

You must have selected ckeckbox at input methods before.

After that, long press in any input text field and select keyboard you want to use.

Edited by espeon

You must have selected ckeckbox at input methods before.

After that, long press in any input text field and select keyboard you want to use.

Thanks - I'd tried before that but the new keyboards didn't appear as options until I rebooted - now I've got a gingerbread-ish keyboard in there so I'm much happier. Thanks again!