Gen1 to Gen2 TPT upgrade

Guest wbaw

Here is a wish from a lame user (of v3, IIRC)... is it possible to have some kind of changelog in the top posting? With release dates, links to previous versions, and quick overview of the most exciting changes?

There are no exciting changes, unless fastboot mode & an extra 15mb of space excites you, doesn't really do it for me. I can't remember all the changes & release dates.

Guest XpressAndy

hi,

I want to upgrade to Gen2. There are two zips one with 140mb system partition and other with 160mb.

How does size of system partition affect the phone?

Can I install Sebastian404's recovery afterwards with recovery manager if I want to replace Amon RA?

As I don't want to replace recovery.img & boot.img myself fearing it might brick or something.

Thanks

Edited by XpressAndy

Guest ZTE_Blade

My Yoigo ZTE Blade is a Stock-Gen2 phone with an Android 2.2 Stock-ROM. Can I also use this package to flash (CM7 Nightly 98 gen2 upgrade TPT).

Guest trueno2k
CM7 Nightly 98 gen2 upgrade TPT is here, (size:104.01mb md5:19037c6064c7841494d299af06dbcfb7 2mb cache, 140mb system, 314mb data).

How come whenever I click on the slow download button it just redirects me back the same page? I'm using Firefox to download this file or any file from filesonic.com... I can't download anything from this download site!!! What am I doing wrong?

Edited by trueno2k

How come whenever I click on the slow download button it just redirects me back the same page? I'm using Firefox to download this file or any file from filesonic.com... I can't download anything from this download site!!! What am I doing wrong?

WFM

Any Add-Ons like NoScript or such? JavaScript has to be active.

My Yoigo ZTE Blade is a Stock-Gen2 phone with an Android 2.2 Stock-ROM. Can I also use this package to flash (CM7 Nightly 98 gen2 upgrade TPT).

You have a Gen2 phone, so you don't need this, just install CM7 using Rom Manager or ClockworkMod. Use Kallt's modified z4root to root it, then install rom manager from android market, use that to flash clockworkmod & to install the CM7 nightly zip available from cyanogenmod.com.

Edited by wbaw

Guest shmizan

maybe he wants to install CM7 but his partition size isn't big enough? so he thought of using your TPT to enlarge it sufficiently..

maybe he wants to install CM7 but his partition size isn't big enough? so he thought of using your TPT to enlarge it sufficiently..

But, stock partition sizes are already far too big & this would make them smaller. He's just being extra lazy & wants one step instead of 3.

However, it's just not going to work at all, it wont even flash, because he has a real gen2 phone.

Edited by wbaw

hi,

I want to upgrade to Gen2. There are two zips one with 140mb system partition and other with 160mb.

How does size of system partition affect the phone?

Can I install Sebastian404's recovery afterwards with recovery manager if I want to replace Amon RA?

As I don't want to replace recovery.img & boot.img myself fearing it might brick or something.

Thanks

The 160mb version is for people that want to add pointless extra stuff to their /system partition for no good reason, or for people that want to try out stock roms (they still need another patch to make them work properly with this layout).

The 140mb system size is fine for anybody that just wants to install cm7 or any of the other custom roms. It gives you 20mb more space on internal data for your own apps & data.

You don't get Amon-RA in this, it's the latest official version of clockworkmod, which actually works properly unlike seb's broken versions.

Edited by wbaw

Guest trueno2k
WFM

I have no idea what you talking about???!!!... I've just tried that out and nothing happens, again!... what does scripting have to do with downloading? please explain in more detail because I currently thinking dumbly and don't understand!...

Edited by trueno2k

Guest robinhud2010

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I already have a gen2 pone with 160 mb system partition(v7). Would it be alright if i TPTed v7b(140mb system partition) on top of it?

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I already have a gen2 pone with 160 mb system partition(v7). Would it be alright if i TPTed v7b(140mb system partition) on top of it?

Yes, but you'll lose all your data, so do backup first using clockworkmod, then you can restore it after doing the tpt.

Guest trueno2k

I remember that I read from the first post that this TPT will only work on gen1 phones which have or have not been converted to gen2... It should not work on native gen2 phones, so therefore it will not TPT the new partition if your phone is a native gen2 phone... Is your phone a gen2 convert gen1 phone or a native gen2 phone? Might wanna re-read the first post to make sure!

PLUS...

WFM

I have no idea what you talking about???!!!... I've just tried that out and nothing happens, again!... what does scripting have to do with downloading? please explain in more detail because I currently thinking dumbly and don't understand!...

Edited by trueno2k

You have to enable JavaScript in your Browser. This Link works for me, if I disable my browser add-on NoScript (which the name gives it away disables all scripting from websites). If you have something like that running, disable it. If you have deactivated JavaScript from your browser due to security reasons, enable it for this download. I'm truly sorry, that my good intention confuses you more than it helped.

Sorry to be dense. I've spent the last hour going through the forum posts, but I can't seem to work out how to upgrade to GEN2.

I have a GEN1 phone running one of the CM7.0 nightlies. I have clockwork 3.2.0.0 installed. I want to upgrade it to GEN2 and the latest stable CM7. I have a load of zip files of varying size, but I can't find any step-by-steps for moving to GEN2.

Any help appreciated.

Guest XpressAndy
Sorry to be dense. I've spent the last hour going through the forum posts, but I can't seem to work out how to upgrade to GEN2.

I have a GEN1 phone running one of the CM7.0 nightlies. I have clockwork 3.2.0.0 installed. I want to upgrade it to GEN2 and the latest stable CM7. I have a load of zip files of varying size, but I can't find any step-by-steps for moving to GEN2.

Any help appreciated.

First post has step-by-step instructions!

First post has step-by-step instructions!

Yeah, I saw those, but when I got to:

"Power off, wait a few seconds, then power on with menu & vol+ held."

Nothing happens. It just boots into CM7.

Guest Amphoras

Are you holding menu and volume + before you press the power button or are you pressing them after you've pressed the power button?

Are you holding menu and volume + before you press the power button or are you pressing them after you've pressed the power button?

I was holding it down before. I took the battery out and then put it in. Then it worked. Strange, but got it in the end. Thanks for your replies.

Guest trueno2k
You have to enable JavaScript in your Browser. This Link works for me, if I disable my browser add-on NoScript (which the name gives it away disables all scripting from websites). If you have something like that running, disable it. If you have deactivated JavaScript from your browser due to security reasons, enable it for this download. I'm truly sorry, that my good intention confuses you more than it helped.

I have tried disabling my adblocker addon and I have Java installed and integrated into Firefox, but I have no joy with filesonic.com downloading... I just can't see why they use stupid methods for downloads... can't they stick to ways like megaupload does???

Edited by trueno2k

Guest Craig1818

I tried switching back from GEN2 to GEN1 using the "Gen1 CM 7.0 stable TPT (101.9mb)" but now my phone won't turn on at all. Is it a brick? What can I do, if anything, to rescue my phone? Or have I done something wrong? Any help appreciated. (I started a thread here but got no replies http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-blade-a-brick/ )

I assume from the sizes that this uses script 7b. Does this include wbaw's splash image or the standard one?

It uses the cyanogen logo. It also has a new amss.mbn, from the swedish generic froyo update.

Guest xondrax

Just for sure:

I´m on v4 and want to go on v7b...I can do this without need to go to gen1,is that right?Just simply copy image to the card and menu,vol+ and power /as made the v4/

I read whole 28 pages and need make sure :P

dont wanna brick my lovely OSF ;)

Edited by xondrax