Gen1 to Gen2 TPT upgrade

Guest wbaw

Guest jeddy1
Ok, anyway i'm also stuck on green android...:)

what u mean?did the update finished or it didnt even started?

how long u are waiting?

Edited by jeddy1

Guest hong84
what u mean?did the update finished or it didnt even started?

how long u are waiting?

The update finished (i red update success or something like that) and i wait about 10 min.

Guest hong84
oh, so you just have to wait?

you dont see any info during the update?just the green android?

how long i have to wait?

I see green text counters for 5-10 sec and then reboot and stuck at green android. I have clockwork-3.0.2.4-g1.

Guest nio25
how long i have to wait?

I see green text counters for 5-10 sec and then reboot and stuck at green android. I have clockwork-3.0.2.4-g1.

oh so you went through tpt in just 5-10sec...i cant get to tpt mode at all...anyway ill try charge my phone to full and try again....

(i use cwm-3.0.1.4 and cm7-stable and i have repartitioned my phone with TomG's files - i have a greek blade)

Edited by nio25

Guest Rotmann
You have to Power your phone with POWER+MENU+VOL+ and not Power on and then Menu+Vol+

For most of the devices it works with VOL UP + POWER, but I can confirm people should try to hold MENU + VOL UP and POWER.

Great job wbaw!

I think you should make more versions with alternative partition layouts. Gen2 original layout or atleast one with decent cache. I don't want to start messing with partitions myself. Thanks.

That's nonsense! You don't mess with partitions, the TPT does it for you. Why would someone keep 100MB unused, the blade's app space is too small for that.

how long i have to wait?

What does clockwork has to do with TPT? Get the zip file, extract the image folder, put the folder onto your SD card with a Gen2 ROM (or get CM7-N42-Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT.zip, you won't need a ROM as it installs CM7 for you), switch the phone off, keep VOL UP pressed and press power and that's it.

For the people who can't get it working: you're doing it wrong, RTFM again.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest anglergab

@ wbaw

Thanks for your TPT packages!

BTW I've some questions:

1. Why do you mix Gen1 and Gen2 mbn files?

The aim of this mixing is that we would be able to make a safe downgrade back to Gen1? Or what else?

2. What would happen, if I would do a TPT with only Gen2 mbn files (from the Swedish exe) on a Gen1 phone?

3. Can the Gen1 phones upgraded with your TPT to Gen2 be downgraded to Gen1 by applying the original Gen1 TPT?

4. Can the Gen1 phones upgraded with your TPT to Gen2 be put into bootloader mode (by pressing Power+Vol_up)?

5. Is there a risk of modification of the IMEI when applying your Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v2.zip TPT on a Gen1 phone?

6. Why are there boot.img, system.img and userdata.img files in your Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v2.zip? And what're their contents?

Thanks for your reply in advance!

Guest LexS007

please tell me what is in each image file ****. mbn

I found that amss.mbn it's radio image and appsboot a boot loader image. And what's the rest?

Guest nio25

Ok i upgraded my phone.All good.

I formated another sdcard (through cmw) and just copied the image folder.

I have a greek phone (i still have 512mb ram).

Thanks wbaw!

Guest kaju666

what i'm doing wrong?

i download cm 51 nightly and tpt image folder.

I put all on sd card remove battery, replace battery, boot with + and menu, wait 5 minutes , AND NOTHING ELSE BUT ANDROID LOGO.

I restart the phone and i have old gen1 rom.

Maybe i must do this with that method http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...2-windows-only/

Edited by kaju666

what i'm doing wrong?

i download cm 51 nightly and tpt image folder.

I put all on sd card remove battery, replace battery, boot with + and menu, wait 5 minutes , AND NOTHING ELSE BUT ANDROID LOGO.

did you unzip the file to create an /image folder on your sd card?

did you check the files in the image directory? download AFV from the android market.

Guest kaju666
did you unzip the file to create an /image folder on your sd card?

did you check the files in the image directory? download AFV from the android market.

i extract all files in image folder to sd

for example sdcard/boot.img

Again:

You have to Power your phone with POWER+(MENU)+VOL+ and not Power on and then Menu+Vol+

When you Power on and then Press Vol+ you get green Android.

@ wbaw

Thanks for your TPT packages!

BTW I've some questions:

1. Why do you mix Gen1 and Gen2 mbn files?

The aim of this mixing is that we would be able to make a safe downgrade back to Gen1? Or what else?

TPT mode wont allow us to change the size of the hidden firmware partitions (where the .mbn files go), Gen2 has a slightly different layout, so some of those files are incompatible. This just updates the important parts for a rom to Gen2 & keeps a Gen1 layout for the hidden partitions. This also lets us keep Gen1 style TPT mode & allows easy and safe downgrades back to Gen1.

2. What would happen, if I would do a TPT with only Gen2 mbn files (from the Swedish exe) on a Gen1 phone?

It would fail on the first file, because partition.mbn is wrong, but if you replace that then you have to replace the other .mbn files that I replaced with Gen1 versions or you could break your phone beyond repair.

3. Can the Gen1 phones upgraded with your TPT to Gen2 be downgraded to Gen1 by applying the original Gen1 TPT?

Yes. Any full Gen1 TPT will revert you back to Gen1. The ones linked on the first page have been tested. Just make sure it has all the Gen1 .mbn files & a full set of .img files too, TPTs created with my TPT backup tool have the radio firmware missing, so you'd still have a Gen2 radio if you did it without amss.mbn

4. Can the Gen1 phones upgraded with your TPT to Gen2 be put into bootloader mode (by pressing Power+Vol_up)?

No. The other methods work though, like rom manager, adb reboot bootloader, reboot bootloader in terminal, or the bootloader option in the restart menu in cm7.

5. Is there a risk of modification of the IMEI when applying your Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v2.zip TPT on a Gen1 phone?

No. No risk in going back to Gen1 after you've done that either.

6. Why are there boot.img, system.img and userdata.img files in your Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v2.zip? And what're their contents?

boot.img is another copy of clockworkmod, system.img & userdata.img are blank, just there to wipe your data (needs to be done because of the layout change). splash.img is the android logo, that's needed because it's in a different place on Gen2.

Guest hugobosslives

no, you have to put it in a file named image for TPT.

for example: sdcard/image/boot.img

etc.

understand?

Edited by hugobosslives

they all need to be in the image folder on your sd card, so

/sdcard/image/boot.img

that's why there is an image directory in the zip, it should create the image folder on your sd card with all the files in it when you extract it.

Guest mELIANTE

If I downgrade my Gen2 converted OLED using other methods and manage to keep the correct IMEI, can I use this TPT for safe jumping generations from then on ?:)

Guest Mushroom_Lord

BANGIN'

Amazing work!

Works like a dream - running CM7 nightly 51 now.

No idea what the issue is with everyone O.o

It worked on my b08

I take it everyone booted menu power volume up and saw the green text saying it was doing stuff? :)

how long i have to wait?

I once had a TPT problem where it would not work

and I was told there needed to be around 500mb of free space on SD card for it to work

dont know if it aplies in this situation,just a thought