Tried resetting now blank (lit up) screen

Guest MistahG

Guest MistahG

OK, need some serious help here. Tried to reset the Advent (using Modaco custom rom) by going into settings then selecting delete settings and data.

Now the screen turns on (lights up) but nothing.

Tried resetting according to the instructions but nothing.

HELP

Guest simonta

Which instructions?

Try holding power for at least 6 seconds, to ensure that the Vega is powered off, then press power again until the backlight comes on and release. Does it boot now?

Guest MistahG
Which instructions?

Try holding power for at least 6 seconds, to ensure that the Vega is powered off, then press power again until the backlight comes on and release. Does it boot now?

The screen lights up and that is all. It used to say 'booting.....' then come on.

Now it doesn't.

Guest MistahG
Please help us to help you! Which instructions are you following? You said you tried resetting according to the instructions.

Cheers

Sorry. Yes I tried resetting according to the advent vega pdf system restore settings (hold back button down, then power for 2 secs then released then back button released).

It looks to me like there is no boot image (does that make sense). My PC no longer recognises it when plugged in either.

Guest MistahG
I keep getting the backlight. Tried now about 20 times, is there a knack I am missing?

Am following your guide (many thanks).

OK it took a bit of doing but now in recovery mode (PC went ding dong :-) )

Guest beegee1962
I keep getting the backlight. Tried now about 20 times, is there a knack I am missing?

Am following your guide (many thanks).

You write you used the instructions to reset with hold back button, power button 2 sec, ....

That doesn't reset your Vega, it brings your Vega into the NVFlash recovery mode. You need this to flash a new stock ROM.

Try to hold your power button for 30sec to 1 min. Then try again to switch the tablet on. If it does not boot, get BSODFixer.

If it still doesn't boot after that, use the "instructions" hold back button, power button, ... to get your device into NVFlash recovery and flash a stock ROM.

Make sure you have the correct USB drivers installed. Simonta thread will help you if you have USB problems.

Guest MistahG
You write you used the instructions to reset with hold back button, power button 2 sec, ....

That doesn't reset your Vega, it brings your Vega into the NVFlash recovery mode. You need this to flash a new stock ROM.

Try to hold your power button for 30sec to 1 min. Then try again to switch the tablet on. If it does not boot, get BSODFixer.

If it still doesn't boot after that, use the "instructions" hold back button, power button, ... to get your device into NVFlash recovery and flash a stock ROM.

Make sure you have the correct USB drivers installed. Simonta thread will help you if you have USB problems.

All sorted now. Many thanks for the assistance.

• 5 months later...

OK, need some serious help here. Tried to reset the Advent (using Modaco custom rom) by going into settings then selecting delete settings and data.

Now the screen turns on (lights up) but nothing.

HELP

I'm getting the same problem.

I used my Windows 7 PC and USB Cable to upgrade my Advent Vega to ModdeStockV2 by putting it into recovery mode.

All seemed well - The Vega started up fine the first time and I was able to go into Recovery Mode and also make a backup of the unit.

I managed to reboot from recovery with no problems.

All I did next was power down the device from the Android operating system in the normal way an a few minutes later tried to power it back on and all I get now is a backlit screen that is all Black.

I have tried holding down power button for 1 minute as suggested - How did the original person fix their problem?

What do you guys suggest doing next?

Edited by DeeLon

• 2 months later...

I have been using the Vegacomb 3.2 build 9 with the ver 3 update for a while, I decided to install HoneyIce 3.2.7 and proceeded to do the usual,

Boot into recovery

Select install from Zip and allow it to do its thing

Select re-boot from the recovery menu

That is where everything went wrong, now I only get the backlight when I power on

When I try the Back/Power/Back button combination to get into recovery it just doesn't work, the backlight comes on even after 1 second into the recovery attempt.

Both my XP and Vista computers do not acknowledge the vega when plugged in so what I have is

I can't get into recovery on the Vega and it does not boot only the backlight.

I cant use Vegatools or Audi as none of my computers recognise that the vega has been plugged in.

I desparately need help to get the Vega up and running again

Thanks in anticipation to anyone who can help

egroeG

SORTED!!!!!

I searched the forum and found a reference to holding the power button for up to a minute so I tried the back/power/back buttons routine but kept the back and power buttons pressed after the backlight came on, after about 35 seconds the backlight went off, I then connected the vega to my pc and it was recognised, after that it was a case of install modded stock rom with VegaTools and then reinstall the veacomb 3.2 build 9 and update 3 as normal.

Still not sure whether to try the HoneyIce 3.2.7 again

Thanks again

egroeG

AAAAAAHHHHHHGGGG!!!!!!!

Spoke too soon, used the Vega for a couple of hours in the evening including adding a few apps from the market and moving some apps to the SD using Apps2SD, then powered down suing the menu option from the power buton, this afternoon when I switched on... backligfht only.

Tried the back/power/back combo with no luck and also holding the power button as I did previously, still no luck.

I'll keep trying and post what I do and the results in case it helps anyone else

Thank

egroeG

Edited by Egroeg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Reggie G

I have been using the Vegacomb 3.2 build 9 with the ver 3 update for a while, I decided to install HoneyIce 3.2.7 and proceeded to do the usual,

Boot into recovery

Select install from Zip and allow it to do its thing

Select re-boot from the recovery menu

That is where everything went wrong, now I only get the backlight when I power on

When I try the Back/Power/Back button combination to get into recovery it just doesn't work, the backlight comes on even after 1 second into the recovery attempt.

Both my XP and Vista computers do not acknowledge the vega when plugged in so what I have is

I can't get into recovery on the Vega and it does not boot only the backlight.

I cant use Vegatools or Audi as none of my computers recognise that the vega has been plugged in.

I desparately need help to get the Vega up and running again

Thanks in anticipation to anyone who can help

egroeG

SORTED!!!!!

I searched the forum and found a reference to holding the power button for up to a minute so I tried the back/power/back buttons routine but kept the back and power buttons pressed after the backlight came on, after about 35 seconds the backlight went off, I then connected the vega to my pc and it was recognised, after that it was a case of install modded stock rom with VegaTools and then reinstall the veacomb 3.2 build 9 and update 3 as normal.

Still not sure whether to try the HoneyIce 3.2.7 again

Thanks again

egroeG

AAAAAAHHHHHHGGGG!!!!!!!

Spoke too soon, used the Vega for a couple of hours in the evening including adding a few apps from the market and moving some apps to the SD using Apps2SD, then powered down suing the menu option from the power buton, this afternoon when I switched on... backligfht only.

Tried the back/power/back combo with no luck and also holding the power button as I did previously, still no luck.

I'll keep trying and post what I do and the results in case it helps anyone else

Thank

egroeG

egroeG,

Did you have any luck with this issue of backlight only on Vega.

Im stuck with the same problem at moment. Installed Honey Ice 3.2.7 and got backlit only. Installed it again and kept getting wifi error. reinstalled Vegacomb 3.2 build 9 with update 3. It worked fine last night and when I finished I powered off. This morning, on power-up, backlit screen only...

Any tips would be great,

Reggie G

• 1 year later...
Guest skinnyprop1

I'm having the exact same problem. I tried updating the software through the settings menu and then everything just went blank!!

I've tried holding power down for 6 second and trying to turn it back on but i just get blank backlight.

I've tried holding power down for 1 minute and turning it back on and I still get blank!

When I try to enter recovery mode using back/power/back the screen light up with blank when I hit the power button. Can someone please help!?

• 2 months later...
Guest dazza112233

i have deleted everything on my vega, will only switch on/off thats it, with blank screen not really good at this can someone please help?