• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

best 2d/3d driver for Froyo (samsung omnia 2)

12 posts in this topic

Posted

hey

I think that the 319-page thread about android makes things tough for new comers as half of the posts there are repeated 3 times (I know that's not possible :) (1/2)*3 = 1.5 > 1 :( ) !!

so I decide to separate topics in order to make it easier to find stuff and discuss it (c'mon guys we have the whole forum why just keep using one thread ??)

So I decided to start with 2d/3d drivers and the problem ( wakeup/suspend request )

I found that the best drivers are hey

I think that the 319-page thread about android makes things tough for new comers as half of the posts there are repeated 3 times (I know that's not possible :) (1/2)*3 = 1.5 > 1 :huh: ) !!

so I decide to separate topics in order to make it easier to find stuff and discuss it (c'mon guys we have the whole forum why just keep using one thread ??)

So I decided to start with 2d/3d drivers :

the solution I found is :

after you have install all this mentioned above... try running android see if it works or not... first boot will take about 1minute or so.

Posted

In the beta page, all new updates prefix as "o2b3update.tar.gz", so why do you still need a o2bupdate.tar.gz? I think the one which fixes the problem is the second one.

Posted

actually you should rename the first one to get it installed :) (I thought that you know that )

and actually the second one only fixes the problem but if you install the first first ! graphics will be faster !!

Posted

actually you should rename the first one to get it installed :) (I thought that you know that )

and actually the second one only fixes the problem but if you install the first first ! graphics will be faster !!

have anyone tried this, is it better than only install the second driver? thx...

Posted

have anyone tried this, is it better than only install the second driver? thx...

i have give it a try yesterday afternoon,but it seems doesnt give any changes ,maybe more time is needed to feel about it. :)

Posted

to bad...

did these updates. it made my android going crazy.

tjeerdos

Posted

try this.. it worked for me.. i forgot who made this but i got it through using the search tool ..

Have fun!!

o2b3update.tar.gz

Posted

Guys!

Someone played angry birds or other games? Angry birds have a white boxes, some games have a full white screen..not problem, i know this is a BETA, just want to know that i installed the GOOD version of 3d driver..

Posted

Guys!

Someone played angry birds or other games? Angry birds have a white boxes, some games have a full white screen..not problem, i know this is a BETA, just want to know that i installed the GOOD version of 3d driver..

the white boxes cannot be removed with any of the current drivers.. But it is still playable.. Or try the Rio ver.. works flawlessly with the drivers above..

Posted (edited)

try this.. it worked for me.. i forgot who made this but i got it through using the search tool ..

Have fun!!

hey thx fren, will try this up8... :mellow:

edit: it seems that my sdcard it mounted at /sdcard but before is /mnt/sdcard

Edited by micmac

Posted

edit: it seems that my sdcard it mounted at /sdcard but before is /mnt/sdcard

you have both path, /sdcard it's link of /mnt/sdcard

the driver works very fine, no SOD after 2 days!.

Thanx

Posted (edited)

Hi i install the o2bupdate.tar.gz (after renaming of course) and after have initially installed the o2b3update.tar.gz on first boot and my Linpack Result jump of 0.87 (97 secs) to 4.7 (17 secs). But after some tries... go back to 0.7(109 secs).

After reinstall o2b3update.tar.gz (2º pass) i can get stable 6.75 MFLOPS in 12 secs.

Edited by Vinicius Oliveira