Am I the only one with my brightness setting disabled?

Guest Vulpix

Guest Vulpix

I rooted my phone, and flashed CWM. Flashed the latest Modaco ROM from the kitchen, but for some reason, my bright setting in settings is disabled. I can't change anything from there, and I have already wiped and flashed twice. Anyone knows what is wrong?

Guest Stefing
I rooted my phone, and flashed CWM. Flashed the latest Modaco ROM from the kitchen, but for some reason, my bright setting in settings is disabled. I can't change anything from there, and I have already wiped and flashed twice. Anyone knows what is wrong?

I'll ask the obvious - you don't have it set to auto do you?

Guest Batkoto

Do you have SIM in the phone?

Guest Batkoto
No, I don't have a SIM card inside. Does it matter?

Yes it does. If you don't have SIM this option will be disabled.

When you put SIM it will be enabled.

Edited by Batkoto

Guest djmcnz

As a matter of interest... why would one be testing a phone without a SIM? They're sort-of codependent.

Surely, if there's no SIM and something doesn't work the first consideration is "hmm, let's put in a SIM to check..." ?

Edited by djmcnz

Guest Batkoto
As a matter of interest... why would one be testing a phone without a SIM? They're sort-of codependent.

Surely, if there's no SIM and something doesn't work the first consideration is "hmm, let's put in a SIM to check..." ?

True

Guest Batkoto
Hrmm, I was rooting a friend's phone for fun, didn't think about that. :)

No one is blaming you :)

At least you/ we all know the reason