[GEN1&GEN2][ROM]CM 7.0.2stable + Nxx TPT Image for easy Install

Guest curl66

Guest curl66

READ CAREFULLY!

I WILL REGULARY UPDATE THIS POST WITH A TPT IMAGE WITH ACTUAL CM7 & CWM VERSIONS IF THER IS A SERIOUS CHANGE.

* wbaw the creator of the TPT scripts did some recent TPTs for you.

* added it to this post.

* Thanks a lot to him

##### I added some troublehooting tips to the end in case something goes wrong #######

* PLEASE NO POSTS ABOUT BUGS IN CM7 OR NIGHTLYS. PLEASE USE OTHER TOPICS FOR THIS.

* PLEASE READ THIS POST COMPLETLY!!!! DO IT!!!

* THANKS!

This is a
TPT Image
to Install
CM 7.0.2 stable
to your ZTE BLADE (Base Lutetia ...)

It will also repartition your device for optimal space usage.

NEW LAYOUT !

Partitioning:
  • 15 Mb Cache (not needed by CM7)

• 136 MB system (10MB free, gapps included)

• 304 MB Data

Since some questions about this. CM7 dont use the cahce partition anyway if its smaller than 20mb. the layout was just created to get the optimum out of 512MB space.

I did this so some friends of mine can move to CM7 in an absolute easy way; so you can try it but on your own risk.

This is for people that run stock 2.1 or a custom 2.2 rom on the Blade and would like to go to CM7 in one step without the hassle of ,rooting, fastboot, clockworkmod, repartitioning and flashing.

It's all done in one step.

Also people that have a bricked phone (GEN1) can try this to unbrick.

This will work on all GEN1 devices.
It will upgrade them to GEN2
. there is a way back to GEN1.

Also it will work on GEN2 devices that have been upgraded from GEN1 with the TPT method.

GEN1 devices are sold with android 2.1 installed.

After using this to upgrade to GEN2 you are still able to use this TPT method while
native GEN2 cannot

IT WILL NOT WORK ON NATIVE GEN2 DEVICE WHICH WERE SHIPPED WITH 2.2
. sorry! but it does no harm since the TPT will not start.

This tools show you if you have a GEN1 or GEN2.

Also it shows after flashing on a GEN1 that you are on GEN2.

wbaw does all the scripting so all credits go to him. I just use his scripts.

1) Do a backup (if needed)

I use my phone explorer (backup option) for backup contacts,calls sms

For apps I use
Titanium Backup
which requires
Root

There are other solutions to backup android. google is your friend.

If you are already on CM7 backup all system data with e.g. Titanium Backup so you can restore everything after upgrade - worked for me.

Remember that some apps save their data in unusuall places, e.g. Angry Birds so check for Angry Birds saver.

you can do a Nandroid backup, too but remember that this TPT changes partition size so before you apply it back you have to change partition size back to stock.

2 ) Download and extract the zip file

Download and extract the zip file to your SD-Card of the ZTE Blade so you can see a folder "
" on the SD-Card

DOWNLOADS:

SINCE IT MAKE NO SENSE TO CREATE FOR EVERY NIGHTLY A NEW TPT PLEASE READ POINT 8 HOW TO GET YOUR CM7 UPDATED .

IF THERE ARE NO SERIOUS CHANGES LIKE STABLES/GAPPS OR OTHERS THINGS I WILL NOT CREATE NEW TPTs. you can easily upgrade to lates by yourself.

**** REMEBER THAT NIGHTLIES CAN BE BROKEN AND SO NOT FULLY FUNCTIONAL ****

WBAW creates a lot of TPTs of nightlies in this topic. use them if you are in need of.

wbaw did new TPTs. Thanks a lot for this. all credits to him:

Ginger Stir Fry B9 Gen1 Upgrade TPT

Download:

Download size: 101.03mb

MD5: 60a541641bf1062414c799c8e3345dbc

Ginger Stir Fry B9 Gen1 Upgrade TPT with ZTE Apps, Dialler & Keyboard

Download:

Download size: 105.97mb

MD5: a5765b0aa9da0068abe5437caf8c729b

CyanogenMod 7.1 RC1

Download:

Download size: 104.48mb

MD5: 4e7a35b4485bf0296ba57c1f4730c4e3

(size: 105.8mb md5: ce0780ab4104903edc957688b65d598b).

Also includes new partition layout (2mb cache 138mb system 315mb data), fastboot mode & new gapps package.

CM7.0.2Nightly60 with new partition Layout 15MB Cache/136MB System/304MB Data

md5: 9fdd3800a650fcdf5fcbf24224184afe

CM7.0.2Nightly59 with new partition Layout 15MB Cache/136MB System/304MB Data

b65ad43f55bc8e9a306a2f2163f949e9

these TPTs are with old partition layout: 2MB Cache, 136MB System , 302MB Data.

CM7.02Nightly57 + CWM 3.0.2.7

MD5: 5f4e226eac4e9f59ac36ef3e2591aa65

CM 7.02stable

MD5: bf7e461900b4785104a174697f8dd0bd

best to use
rommanager
to do future upgrades.

Upgrade it form market and then upgrade clockwork.

AFTER FLASHING THIS TPT YOU CAN
ONLY APPLY GEN2 ROMS
like CM7.0.2 or nightly builds >50 or SwedishSpring Froyo 2.2 Rom!

If you would like to go back to GEN1 with CM 7.0.0 stable use wbaws TPT image:

BACKUP YOUR DATA! ALL IS GONE EXCEPT WHAT IS ON THE SD-CARD!

3) Shut down your phone

4) Switch phone on with voulme up key pressed.

Switch phone on with voulme up key pressed.

The Magic starts. you see some green writing.
dont switch your phone off

After 1-2 minutes your phone will reboot into CM7!

On some models of the Blade try holding menu + volume up + power.

5) restore your data

Remember not to restore system data with Titanium Backup (other tools affected as well) when you move from Android 2.2 to Android 2.3.3 like CM7.

Strange things can happen - just restore apps+data and contacts ,sms, calllists.

6) you are done.

To make CM7 more special and see the full power of CM7 I recommend the Regina 3D launcher.

7)NEXT STEPS

It's a good idea to delete or rename the "
" folder on the SD-Card so you dont accidently apply this to your phone when you turn it on.

now you can apply any stable and nightly build of CM7 >50

so no need for doing a TPT again.

just download Nightly build to your SD-Card and apply it with ROM MANAGER APP or with ClockWorkMod.

advantage of doing this? you data stays. no wipe is required.

but keep in mind that if you get some strange effects a wipe may help.

SO IT MAKE NO SENSE TO INSTALL A TPT TO MOVE FROM ONE NIGHLTY/STABLE TO THE NEXT.

IF YOU LIKE TO MAKE A CLEAN INSTALL OF YOUR PHONE CHOOSE AND APPLY ONE OF THE TPTs THEN GO INTO CLOCKWORK. FORMAT /system APPLY NOW ANY GEN2 NIGHTLY/STABLE CM7 & GAPPS or OTHER GEN2 ROM.

YOU CAN ALSO USE THE ROMMANAGER APP TO FLASH A NEW NIGHTLY / STABLE AND UPDATE CLOCKWORKMOD.

you still can apply TPTs to your GEN2 Blade now if you upgrade it with this TPT method.

##################################

#

# TROUBLESHOOTING

#

##################################

something goes wrong during TPT. dont panic

try this

1) redownload file. check md5 if possible

2) format Sd-Card or use other SD-Card

3) extract it to Sd-Card

4) sim out of phone

5) do it again!!!

it will work!

TPT doesnt work. Its reported that some polish blades (may be others aswell) dont go into TPT mode.

check this topic please to get TPT working:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-also-the-imei/

but be carefull! i did not try this it since i have a working blade but i imaging that you have to flash the GEN1 UK to get a working TPT GEN1 method for your blade. after this it should be possible to upgrade with TPT from here to CM7.

Edited by curl66

Guest Abhijeet357

Thank u very much . I'm downloading now !!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought wbaw will do this , i replied on his thread yesterday. in another thread there was a problem with the market mentioned after upgrading to gen2 with the wbaw's gen1 to gen2 tpt method. Have u tried this ? sorry for my poor English !!

Guest curl66
Thank u very much . I'm downloading now !!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought wbaw will do this , i replied on his thread yesterday. in another thread there was a problem with the market mentioned after upgrading to gen2 with the wbaw's gen1 to gen2 tpt method. Have u tried this ? sorry for my poor English !!

i have no problem with market.

i tested it on swiss SF Blades. I only have access to swiss SF. so cant say if other hardware is affected.

added MD5

Edited by curl66

Guest digital0
Partitioning: 2 Mb Cache (not needed by CM7), 140 MB system (10MB free, gapps included) , 314 MB Data

wbaw said in Gen1 to Gen2 TPT upgrade, No Windows needed thread:

He didn't edit the partitions at all, they're exactly the same 136mb system & 302mb data, he just got them wrong in his post

Is it true?

Guest curl66
I really want to thank you for turning something very daunting upgrading my phone to GEN 2 into a simple process.

Cheers mate

your welcome!

credits go to wbaw. i just use his stuff to build this.

so he is the real hero :)

Guest curl66
wbaw said in Gen1 to Gen2 TPT upgrade, No Windows needed thread:

He didn't edit the partitions at all, they're exactly the same 136mb system & 302mb data, he just got them wrong in his post

Is it true?

you are right i messed it up :)

i will change them in next release so space is better used.

Edited by curl66

you are right i messed it up :)

i will change them in next release so space is better used.

I tried editing the partitions to get that 15mb back, but I got a corrupt splash screen & I can't find a way to fix that. Everything else worked, it booted, I got into recovery ok, just no green android :)

So try it if you want, but it didn't work for me.

BTW 7.0.3 is due out tonight.

Guest sitic

i wouldn't mind if i see random stuff as splash image for 15 MB more space, in fact i think it could look very cool. So even if it can't be fixed it would be nice if someone upload it ...

Guest isambard
I tried editing the partitions to get that 15mb back, but I got a corrupt splash screen & I can't find a way to fix that. Everything else worked, it booted, I got into recovery ok, just no green android :)

So try it if you want, but it didn't work for me.

BTW 7.0.3 is due out tonight.

how did you try to get the 15mb? did you just extend userdata partition? trying to figure out why that would result in splash screen corruption.

one possibility is if something is writing directly to the area in that partition and corrupting stuff there, but then we should be very careful in this case anyway...

Edited by isambard

how did you try to get the 15mb? did you just extend userdata partition? trying to figure out why that would result in splash screen corruption.

one possibility is if something is writing directly to the area in that partition and corrupting stuff there, but then we should be very careful in this case anyway...

A proper Gen2 phone has a larger space reserved for the radio firmware, by 15mb, this is before all the user partitions. A TPT upgraded Gen2 phone doesn't have this, as it's still using the Gen1 radio partition layout, but all the user partitions still start 15mb later in the nand, because it's using a Gen2 user partition layout.

So if I change all the starting offsets of the user partitions so that they start where the Gen1 partitions started, we get the 15mb space back, it's currently totally wasted space that isn't even accessible by anything.

However, the splash image must be loaded from a fixed address, so it still tries to load the splash image from that fixed address, which isn't in the splash partition any more, it's somewhere in the system partition. The fixed address must be stored somewhere in appsboot.mbn but there's no easy way to find exactly where so that we can change it.

It doesn't actually corrupt anything, it's just showing some kind of noise pattern rather than the green android splash screen when the phone starts.

Edited by wbaw

Guest gameSTICKER

Thanks a lot, this is so far the easiest way :)

I just changed from Gen1>Gen2, + latest CW, + latest CM in one single step. Kudos for the TPT image :)

Guest isambard
A proper Gen2 phone has a larger space reserved for the radio firmware, by 15mb, this is before all the user partitions. A TPT upgraded Gen2 phone doesn't have this, as it's still using the Gen1 radio partition layout, but all the user partitions still start 15mb later in the nand, because it's using a Gen2 user partition layout.

So if I change all the starting offsets of the user partitions so that they start where the Gen1 partitions started, we get the 15mb space back, it's currently totally wasted space that isn't even accessible by anything.

However, the splash image must be loaded from a fixed address, so it still tries to load the splash image from that fixed address, which isn't in the splash partition any more, it's somewhere in the system partition. The fixed address must be stored somewhere in appsboot.mbn but there's no easy way to find exactly where so that we can change it.

It doesn't actually corrupt anything, it's just showing some kind of noise pattern rather than the green android splash screen when the phone starts.

ok. i got you. i think i should be able to fix this - i just need one thing which i haven't got right now: time! thanks for all your hard work! btw, i still have the partition editor on the todo list, but unfortunately it is quite low down in the priorities right now. :)

Guest curl66
ok. i got you. i think i should be able to fix this - i just need one thing which i haven't got right now: time! thanks for all your hard work! btw, i still have the partition editor on the todo list, but unfortunately it is quite low down in the priorities right now. :)

since CM7 can save apps to the Sd-card i think these 15 MB are not so valuable at all.

got a lot of stuff on my blade an still lot of free space.

so i think there is more time wasted than the aditional 15mb are worth

I think that we might be able to use the 15mb before the recovery partition for the cache partition instead, leave boot, recovery, splash & misc alone, just edit cache so that it starts at the gen1 offset for recovery & is 15mb in size, then move system up another 2mb to where cache was & make system 2mb bigger.

so we get 15mb cache, 138mb system, 302mb userdata, untested btw.

Edited by wbaw

I think that we might be able to use the 15mb before the recovery partition for the cache partition instead, leave boot, recovery, splash & misc alone, just edit cache so that it starts at the gen1 offset for recovery & is 15mb in size, then move system up another 2mb to where cache was & make system 2mb bigger.

so we get 15mb cache, 138mb system, 302mb userdata, untested btw.

It works :)

Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v3.zip 9d13bfc2189db3d51d59ee9e4d5a1f5c (15mb cache, 138 mb system, 302mb data) - Download size 16.1mb

curl66, use that version for your next update please, just replace boot.img & system.img with the latest cm7 versions. I'll just link to this thread from my sticky thread & keep the clockwork Gen1-to-Gen2 TPT up to date.

Edited by wbaw

Guest curl66
It works :)

Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v3.zip 9d13bfc2189db3d51d59ee9e4d5a1f5c (15mb cache, 138 mb system, 302mb data) - Download size 16.1mb

curl66, use that version for your next update please, just replace boot.img & system.img with the latest cm7 versions. I'll just link to this thread from my sticky thread & keep the clockwork Gen1-to-Gen2 TPT up to date.

thanks. i will do tomorrow a new stable 7.0.2image.

experianced some strange problems with N57...so no image at the moment with this.

>240 downloads of the stable. so seems useful :)

Guest BillBong

I'm tempted to try this to go to Gen2. I currently have a 512mb EXT2 partition on my SD card. Is it worth keeping this or just wiping it if this method frees up system space? Thanks for any pointers

Guest dnaumov
Just to chime in that I used this method and it worked extremely well. Thanks very much curl66!

Same here! I went from Gen1 FLB to Gen2 and CM 7.0.2 in 1 easy step using this image and it worked very well.

Guest jjcg75
Same here! I went from Gen1 FLB to Gen2 and CM 7.0.2 in 1 easy step using this image and it worked very well.

Hi, first post so apologies if this is in the wrong section, does the stable build fix the phone rebooting when being charged?

I have tried nightly 42 & 57 but both have this issue on my phone, or am I doing something wrong when installing the roms?

Many thanks.

Guest Phace81
Hi, first post so apologies if this is in the wrong section, does the stable build fix the phone rebooting when being charged?

I have tried nightly 42 & 57 but both have this issue on my phone, or am I doing something wrong when installing the roms?

Many thanks.

I installed the 7.0.2 stable version yesterday and this morning I got a reboot when I charged the phone.

I got this reboot when the phone was at 95% battery. A while after inserting the charger the phone rebooted.

Guest iNoobz2Droid

Is there a buglist for the used rom version available?

i read somewhere that with the current roms of 2.3.x/CM7 the acceleration sensors are not working

is that true?

Guest Phace81
Is there a buglist for the used rom version available?

i read somewhere that with the current roms of 2.3.x/CM7 the acceleration sensors are not working

is that true?

I don't know where to find the buglist, but in this thread: CLICK HERE it says that the Accelerometer lags is fixed.