[GEN1&GEN2][ROM]CM 7.0.2stable + Nxx TPT Image for easy Install

Guest curl66

Guest curl66
I think i installed the n85 correctly, i went into rom manager and install rom from sd card, it open in clockwork and looked like it didn some updates then booted the device as normal. I installed this over the newest update in the first post. Was this correct? Sorry for the newb questions. It also appears any apps i download the wigets do not appear for them in the list.

your done great!

for the widgets i cant say.for me it works.

but nightlies can be broken. expect a stable soon.

bad news for wbaw. since i get soon a galaxy S2 from company. my galaxy 9000 will replace the blade then cause of the amoled screen and MIUI. so i will give the blade away for some of my girls that are in need of a smartphone. so no more TPT updates from me. but i will keep this topic updated as soon a new stable TPT is available.

the last 2 weeks i tried to get MIUI up and running on the blade. used the N1 version to play around with. but seems that some of the binaries are compiled for arm7 so it doenst run at all on the blade. unfortunately seems that MIUI will not get ported to blade from MIUI itself . they will focus on new popular devices. even the blade is chinese they wont do it. really sad because i think MIUI is the best rom i ever have for the galaxy.its closed source software. hope they will change this to open source sooner or later. without source code its nearly impossible.

since i am totaly bored at the moment i need a new toy urgently... :D

Guest tyke28

I have been trying to flash N85 with no success.I have CM7 702 installed with no problems.upgraded to GEN2, have latest ROM Manager and CWM.Evey time i try to install with rom manager and cwm,it starts the process and then the installaation aborts in cwm,and the little green man with yellow exclamation mark appears.I have tried with formatted sd card,with a new second formatted sd card,with the sim card out and still it keeps aborting.I also tried to update to 703 stable with the same results.I have checked all the posts here but cannot find a solution.The 702 is working fine, but it would be nice to have the option to upgrade at some point.Any one have any clues?

Thanks to curl66 for the tpt's by the way,improved my blade.My Blade was a Gen1 OLED bought from Orange last October,now upgraded to Gen2 as per Mr.Pigfish.

Edited by tyke28

Guest curl66
I have been trying to flash N85 with no success.I have CM7 702 installed with no problems.upgraded to GEN2, have latest ROM Manager and CWM.Evey time i try to install with rom manager and cwm,it starts the process and then the installaation aborts in cwm,and the little green man with yellow exclamation mark appears.I have tried with formatted sd card,with a new second formatted sd card,with the sim card out and still it keeps aborting.I also tried to update to 703 stable with the same results.I have checked all the posts here but cannot find a solution.The 702 is working fine, but it would be nice to have the option to upgrade at some point.Any one have any clues?

Thanks to curl66 for the tpt's by the way,improved my blade.My Blade was a Gen1 OLED bought from Orange last October,now upgraded to Gen2 as per Mr.Pigfish.

rom manager is just a frontend. you can boot into clockwork and apply it manual.

do this work ?

do you have actual clockwork ? you can upgrade it via rommanager.

also redownload N85. may be the zip got damaged. toogle signature validation in clockwork.

it works for me. so it should work on your blade,too.

Edited by curl66

Guest curl66
They can't open source miui because half of it is warezed.

OK. this is offtopic. i am not a very long time in android stuff.

what part of MIUI is warez ? heard that they like to sell it to manufactures. if there is warez included they get a lot of trouble selling the devices.

Guest tyke28
rom manager is just a frontend. you can boot into clockwork and apply it manual.

do this work ?

do you have actual clockwork ? you can upgrade it via rommanager.

also redownload N85. may be the zip got damaged. toogle signature validation in clockwork.

it works for me. so it should work on your blade,too.

Cheers thanks,yes I have latest clockwork and i have tried both ways,i'll try to redownload the zip files and give it another go.Many thanks for your help.

Guest tyke28
Cheers thanks,yes I have latest clockwork and i have tried both ways,i'll try to redownload the zip files and give it another go.Many thanks for your help.

Just flashed CM Nightly 88.Worked ok,so must have been damaged zip files previously.So i now have stable 7.0.2 runing Nightly 88,Android version 2.3.4.So far it all looks ok,wifi working ok .gps ok,phone calls ok,Fingers crossed no problems so far.Will wait for another stable rom, as still cant flash 7.0.3.

Guest abhishekbatra1

hey.. updated orange san francisco from stock rom to cm 7.0.3 tpt and would like to update to nightly 88 .. updating with rom manager says Flash Clockwork recovery first . and to update do i have to wipe my data and cache ??

Guest curl66
hey.. updated orange san francisco from stock rom to cm 7.0.3 tpt and would like to update to nightly 88 .. updating with rom manager says Flash Clockwork recovery first . and to update do i have to wipe my data and cache ??

upgrade clockwork,

you can do a wipe. its not a must.

i dont wipe when installing a nightly.

but if you later run into problems with your cyano dont whine.

then do a full backup with titanium and wipe your device and restore with titanium.

Guest tekarijee

Did an upgrade from FLB to N85 tpt. Copied the image folder to sd, booted, green text, green android for at least 10min and then nothing happens ?

E: problem solved by taking out battery and re-flash.

Edited by tekarijee

Guest DWaldie

Just a note to say many thanks for such an easy install. My satnav played up the first couple of times but has now settled down. I still have some problems connecting to wifi from sleep (nothing new there) but otherwise it's like a new (and faster) machine. If someone can just get the camera to work as well as my old Sony Erricsons i'll be delighted!

Noticed another problem today in that the automatic backlight no longer works. Does anyone know of a workaround?

EEk. I've just tried my music player and it's little more than crackling and even when the screen turns off with nothing playing it keeps on clicking. Am I unique with these problems?

Edited by DWaldie

Guest vinodrao

After installing CM7 0.3...when ever by battery reaches 100%..phone just freezes, i need to reboot or removing battery and inserting again, Any one had same problem? any one has solution for it?

Edited by vinodrao

Guest Shieraz Shah
After installing CM7 0.3...when ever by battery reaches 100%..phone just freezes, i need to reboot or removing battery and inserting again, Any one had same problem? any one has solution for it?

plz check if your cell is heating up. leave it out on a cool place while charging, it will help with the heat sensors.

Yes, it's a bug in 7.0.3. Use a recent nightly build instead, they fix it.

Guest cd492
Can someone tell me how to add the nightly builds without a full install. All the links seem to be TPT installs.

just use ROM Manager.

Guest GoNz0

having just flashed the tpt to 7.03 (bloody great btw) i notice the nightlys on the main page are all 7.02.

what file should i flash over the 7.03 tpt to stop the battery freeze bug ?

Guest vinodrao
Yes, it's a bug in 7.0.3. Use a recent nightly build instead, they fix it.

Thanks for reply...can you please share the link..

Guest johnmaia
Thanks for reply...can you please share the link..
  1. Go here: http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?type=nigh...mp;device=blade
  2. Download the newest nightly build, in this case: http://download.cyanogenmod.com/get/cm_blade_full-98.zip
  3. Copy the ".zip" file in to the microSD Card.
  4. Open the app "ROM Manager".
  5. Select "Install ROM from SD Card".
  6. Select the ".zip" file you just copy (in this case: "cm_blade_full-98.zip").
  7. Select what you wish to wipe - I dont select "Wipe Data and Cache" because after booting you have to install everything again, and you loose all your personal information, so just select "Wipe Dalvik Cache", and for security select "Backup Existing ROM" as well.
  8. Press OK.
  9. The phone will now reboot, and flashed, it will take 5-6 minutes and TA-DAH! Your done ;)
Remember that:

** These CyanogenMod builds are highly experimental and unsupported.

** Please refrain from submitting bug reports for any issues

** you may encounter while running one of these builds.

** Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading

** cause of male impotence.

I'm using that one, the N98 and everything is super awesome. The Battery lasts longer and no gps bugs.

Btw, you can see what has been done in the new builds over here: http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=blade

cheers :P

Edited by johnmaia

Guest hamwic81

Hi i'm trying to install Regina 3D launcher but I can't find it on android market (or atleast it's not available on the market). Can someone please tell me how to install Regina 3D launcher?

Guest m3g4tr0n
Hi i'm trying to install Regina 3D launcher but I can't find it on android market (or atleast it's not available on the market). Can someone please tell me how to install Regina 3D launcher?

have you tried on AppBrain

Guest GoNz0

just installed handscent now i updated to cm mod but it keeps using the old messaging interface along side handscent, anyone know how to stop the built in sms without buggering anything up ?

on the stock rom it used to ask what sms interface i wanted to use each time it updated or the 1st run. ;)

Guest johnmaia

Don't delete user cache when updating built.

Go to the Standard SMS App:

- Menu

- Definitions

- Notifications - Turn it off.

Edited by johnmaia