[GEN1&GEN2][ROM]CM 7.0.2stable + Nxx TPT Image for easy Install

Guest curl66

Guest Tones
Tones

you have to wait.

wbaw is the man.

And he will put the TPT in this thread

Good stuff. Ill just keep an eye on the thread. thanks for the reply.

Guest tdodd
Is there somewhere to download TPT versions, or just wait for them to be posted here?

I installed the N64 TPT and then used ROM Manager to wipe everything and install N67 over it. Everything seems to be working as expected.

Guest nunoar

I don't get any green text at all. No matter if I hold menu + volume up or just volume up, it sticks to bootlogo and wont do anything else.

Can anyone help?

Guest jenjenx
I don't get any green text at all. No matter if I hold menu + volume up or just volume up, it sticks to bootlogo and wont do anything else.

Can anyone help?

Try not plugin the usb cable or charger in. My looked like it was connecting to Fastboot. Couplr tries later and it worked

Guest nunoar
Try not plugin the usb cable or charger in. My looked like it was connecting to Fastboot. Couplr tries later and it worked

I've tried that. All I get is the boot logo (as it was connecting to fastboot, yes).

Guest champrock

any idea when we can expect the latest TPT image of nightly 67 to be released? I am waiting for that as I have heard that the latest 7.0.3 has some bug while usb charging and randomly reboots.

Guest curl66
any idea when we can expect the latest TPT image of nightly 67 to be released? I am waiting for that as I have heard that the latest 7.0.3 has some bug while usb charging and randomly reboots.

just use an older one and flash the zip from nightlies website. you get the same experiance.

tomorrow i am back from italy so i can do an actual TPT.

so please stay patient and let me enjoy the rest of my holidays :unsure:

Guest Phace81
Thanks for the tip. Have you tried to calibrate the battery? try this.. it may help you with that issue. zte-blade-blade-modaco-com/323487/battery-recalibration-protip or zte-blade-blade-modaco-com/337537/san-fran-maximum-battery-pro-tip-visualised

Cheers

The recalibration of the battery actually worked.

I did this yesterday evening and had 98% before I went to bed. Didn't use the phone to much, I think I just activated the screen 4-5 times to see if I had some SMS.

So I went to bed with 98% and today when I woke up, I had 96% left. :unsure:

This morning, I have used the phone a bit more and I have played 1to50 for about 10 min. I'm down to 88% now and I woke up around 07:10, so it's a couple of hours that the phone has been in use.

Oh yeah and I'm using my phone at 691MHz.

SO thanks for the tip! :)

EDIT: After I got a couple of SMS I was keeping my eye on the speaker and found that it's active most of the time now. The battery consumption has gone up now, so the recalibration helped, but didn't solve the problem.

Edited by Phace81

Guest nunoar

Can anyone help?

bump

Guest nunoar
bump

Okay, I sorted it out by using the original SD card. I also had to format it and leave it with the image folder only.

Guest RussellS

Hi, I want to install CM7 but I'm just a little confused by all the latest developments like TPT, GEN2 etc, etc.

When I first installed 2.2 on my SF it was just a case of install ClockworkMod Recovery, copy a ROM to the SD card and then boot into ClockWorkMod and update. I turn my back for a month or so and it all changes :unsure:

Anyway, I just want to make sure that my SF, as it stands now, is in a suitable condition to update using this method.

My SF is a GEN1 phone with a TFT display. I have ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.1.8 installed and am running Sebastian404's r0.3 Froyo ROM.

Do I need to do anything to the ClockworkMod Recovery I currently have installed like remove it or update it or can I just forget about that. Also, if I leave it alone will it still be there after performing this update and will I still need it.

I have fully read the instructions in the first post and understand them but I just wanted to make sure I'm in a good position to do this and not run into problems.

Thanks

Guest tonydl

I installed the TPT 7.0.3 from the first post - but didn't get any google apps.

Any idea?

Tried it three times now and never had any market apps, very strange :/

The market is there, but nothing more!

Edited by tonydl

Guest Tony Sidaway

Many thanks for this excellent one-step method. I have converted my confirmed GEN1 system to GEN2 and installed N60 in a single painless step, and I'm very happy with it.

Being a rank newbie, however, I have a question. Since conversion my Orange San Francisco almost never seems to start correctly after a shutdown. Tonight I found that booting into ClockworkMod first and then selecting the reboot option seems to help occasionally. Is this a known problem?

I suppose I could try installing a different ROM image and see if the startup behaviour improves.

Guest wbaw
Many thanks for this excellent one-step method. I have converted my confirmed GEN1 system to GEN2 and installed N60 in a single painless step, and I'm very happy with it.

Being a rank newbie, however, I have a question. Since conversion my Orange San Francisco almost never seems to start correctly after a shutdown. Tonight I found that booting into ClockworkMod first and then selecting the reboot option seems to help occasionally. Is this a known problem?

I suppose I could try installing a different ROM image and see if the startup behaviour improves.

Download the most recent nightly & install it with rom manager, we're on 68 now, 69 tonight hopefully :unsure: Lots of bugs have been fixed since 60 & it's getting more stable now.

http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?device=blade

Edited by wbaw

Guest TommyBrunn

Any idea why this won't work for me? I've downloaded the latest version, extracted the image directory onto my phone, turned it off and booted while holding vol up + menu + power, vol up + menu and just vol up. All that happened, regardless of what permutation of buttons I held, was that it got stuck at the Android screen, as if it was going into fastboot.

EDIT: I'm using the stock 2gb SD-card.

Edited by TommyBrunn

Guest Ciels

Hello, is it smart to install this on a brand new untouched Blade?

It'll be a TFT GEN1 phone from Orange :unsure:

Edited by Ciels

Guest Tony Sidaway
Download the most recent nightly & install it with rom manager, we're on 68 now, 69 tonight hopefully :unsure: Lots of bugs have been fixed since 60 & it's getting more stable now.

http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?device=blade

Thanks, I tried that without success. My hope is that I have a severe case of newbiitis. At present after many attempts I'm only able to boot into ClockworkMod or the green Android logo. I even tried repeating with a different SIM in the machine, because I had read of a case where this worked (sounds like superstition, but I'm willing to try anything!)

Presumably provided there is no mechanical damage this should still be recoverable from ClockworkMod, but at the moment I would be grateful for pointers as to what to try next. Repeating the TPT from the SD-card doesn't work. If I then remove and replace the battery it still ends up stalling on the green Android logo. If I select Reboot from the ClockwordMod menu it stalls just the same. I always wait for a few minutes to verify that it is stalled.

I've already tried all of the following before rerunning the TPT, without a single successful boot:

• Factory reset
  • Clear Dalvik cache
  • Wipe data cache

Any other ideas?

Edited by Tony Sidaway

Greatgreat!!!!

Flashed 7.0.3 on GEN1 OLED. Works good, and the batterielifetime increases 150% (7.0.0) well done

Thank you very much for this build

by roberto

Edited by LZ_

Guest champrock

any way to get it without any google apps? I am trying to install a very minimalistic firmware with the minimal possible apps so it doesnt suck battery

Also, what is the difference in the partition layouts? Is 15mb cache better than a 2mb cache partition?

Edited by champrock

Guest tonydl

I just installed N69 from wbaw - and it was without Google Apps again - does anyone else have this issue?

Might it be releated to the fact, that I am in Germany and GMail isn't in the market (without applying the "Market enabler" app)?

Edited by tonydl