Update V10D + Baseband 0405 available through LG Update software

Guest alncool

Guest alncool

Hey guys,

I'm wondering about the new update.

Does anyone have tried this new version? Is it still laggy?

Waiting this evening to flash it when i'm back home :-)

Guest Sl4yer
Hey guys,

I'm wondering about the new update.

Does anyone have tried this new version? Is it still laggy?

Waiting this evening to flash it when i'm back home :-)

Installed it last night. Haven't noticed any major differences so far, except that the kernal is no longer 'dirty', which must be an improvement. But I've not had any lag problems with my phone on the 10b software either.

Guest alncool

It seems that the update is in fact v10c for french people ... well i'll check the version number tonight

EDIT: this is an update for Danemark so only imported devices should be concerned

Edited by alncool

Guest the1c3man

In the UK, got my phone from phones4U and theres an update avaliable, was running stock rom (v10b) + latest baseband from here.

Updating now, will update when done.

LG update text:-

"Please disconnect the cable from your cell phone in order and remove and connect the battery" - What?!?!?! HELP!

Edited by the1c3man

Guest the1c3man

Think its finally updating

@paul you still want a nadroid backup?

EDIT: on the LG loading screen on boot it now says "System checking..." at the bottom, there must have been some changes.

EDIT: its put back all the default LG apps I removed! plus theres a new backup app. Quadrant score 2709 on first run, more FPS on graphic tests!.

Edited by the1c3man

Guest aMpeX

did the update yesterday, I'm on the same kernel and baseband (as i flashed 405 manually) as before. The only thing I'm not sure about is I'm now on V10c and now I'm absolutely not sure if I was on V10b before or not. Also, the LG update software still shows an available update for me (in fact, the LG update tool doesn't recognize the phone version anymore and the update utility wants me to take out battery and so on)

@ Paul, would a wipe be required beforehand so my nandroid backup doesn't contain any personal data or can it be done without it?

Doesn't sound like the update applied for you?

I'd only need the system.img and boot.img from the backup, personal data is in the userdata.img.

P

Guest aMpeX

at least, now the Software Update tool shows V10C and it doesn't report an available software update anymore.

edit: I remembered the Version thread in this forum, and my phone, got updated from V10b to V10c with this update and i also got the "Backup" app.

Edited by aMpeX

Guest mushin

as discussed in a german board V10c is the new version for unbranded devices while V10d is for branded (vodafone at least) devices which where previously on V10c.

Branded V10c -> V10d

Not Branded V10b -> V10c

Guest aMpeX

good job LG scrambling the versions even further ^^

edit: as it turns out, the update also reverted back to stock recovery, as I have to reinstall CWM.

It also didn't wipe my phone.

Edited by aMpeX

Guest the1c3man
at least, now the Software Update tool shows V10C and it doesn't report an available software update anymore.

edit: I remembered the Version thread in this forum, and my phone, got updated from V10b to V10c with this update and i also got the "Backup" app.

Mine was unbranded and went from 10b to 10d

good job LG scrambling the versions even further ^^

edit: as it turns out, the update also reverted back to stock recovery, as I have to reinstall CWM.

It also didn't wipe my phone.

Like wise, and have to root again, just doing a nandroid backup for paul if he still wants it? Paul?

Edited by the1c3man

Guest mushin

looks smoother than the previous version but the market wont let me download apps even through date and time are set right so now im back to tk rom 0.6 :)

Edited by mushin

Guest mushin

ok it seems like germany is a exeption again we hab V10c für non branding and V10d for branding devices LG makes such a chaos out of it :)

Guest Stevvie

I also got my optimus 2x from phones4u in the UK (on T-Mobile) how are you getting these updates?

I tried the software update in about in settings but it just says authorization failed.

Edited by Stevvie

Guest the1c3man
Can someone dump v10d?

P

Just uploading now to my drop box, will post links once done.

ALSO! Please be aware if you upgrade to 10d with the LG Update program and then restore a nandroid backup you can no longer upgrade via the LG update program again as it says you already have 10d, even though I have 10b, LG must save what i have at their end!

Guest o2mike

Can I install the Upgrade over the "stock performance patch"?

-----EDIT------

It Worked without Problems.

Edited by o2mike

Guest Stevvie

well I can't update as I get this error 'Updating is not possible any longer due to a fatal error while the LG Mobile Phone Software Update.'

Guest MeX_DK

No update for my danish LG 2x tho :/

And apparently my LG belongs to the "Europe Open" market

EDIT:

Anyone got an idea about when LG might roll out that update to the rest of us :)?

Edited by MeX_DK