Stock @ Carphone Warehouse (UK)

Guest JimiB

Guest JimiB

CLICKY - £429.99

There's stock of the 16 gig transformer + keyboard dock online. Snap 'em up! :)

Just ordered mine, but to be honest I expect a call tomorrow saying sorry and stating they have no stock, as it seems odd that they still have stock, let alone with the keyboard.

Also available sans keyboard - £379.99

-Jimi

Guest mwright
CLICKY - £429.99

There's stock of the 16 gig transformer + keyboard dock online. Snap 'em up! :)

Just ordered mine, but to be honest I expect a call tomorrow saying sorry and stating they have no stock, as it seems odd that they still have stock, let alone with the keyboard.

Also available sans keyboard - £379.99

-Jimi

oh dear! Missed it again - (at least the bundle) now out of sock!

Edited by mwright

Guest tomqman

just sent my back. carphone seam to have good stock levels on tablets. he said my replacement will be in tomorrow hopefully. if not Tuesday because of bank holidays

Guest dvdcompare
just sent my back. carphone seam to have good stock levels on tablets. he said my replacement will be in tomorrow hopefully. if not Tuesday because of bank holidays

I ordered mine (tablet only) yesterday at 2pm and it has just been delivered!

Guest JimiB

Phoned the carphone warehouse today and was told the following.

• They have the tablets in stock now
  • They don't have stock of the keyboard docks, but expect these on tuesday
  • They will be fulfilling orders on tuesday when they have docks, so I can expect to see mine on Wednesday 04/05/11

Also, PCWorld now have an ASUS EEE Tab demo unit, so I've been playing with that, but they don't have any keyboard docks. Currys don't even have one as a demo, but they do have an Acer W500 (and i must say, windows 7 with only touch input feels very half done and janky).

-Jimi

Guest Mr.Clark
  • They will be fulfilling orders on tuesday when they have docks, so I can expect to see mine on Wednesday 04/05/11

Also, PCWorld now have an ASUS EEE Tab demo unit, so I've been playing with that, but they don't have any keyboard docks. Currys don't even have one as a demo, but they do have an Acer W500 (and i must say, windows 7 with only touch input feels very half done and janky).

-Jimi

I've been to two PC World's with a display model, but neither had any stock. Otherwise I'd have cancelled my Ebuyer order. That still hasn't turned up.

It's very nice though. Can't wait. Until Wednesday.

Guest Hands0n

Just picked one up today from PC World, Rochester (Kent). They had four in store, including the display model. No keyboard docks though.

Guest unfitguy

Just picked up the last one from pcworld Coventry. I called the number on pcworld site and they told me which stores had stock.

Woohoo finally got one

Guest pauldarken

-Jimi

Just ordered the pad with the dock from Carphone Warehouse but it's on back order. They don't have any in but expect them in soon (this week).

Guest mo_sjo

I ordered my TF101 last night from CPW at 17:45 and it arrived today, so their 5pm cut-off seems slightly flexible at least. Pleased with the unit so far, apart from it not appearing to want to charge via USB when hooked up to a computer, only the mains adapter it comes with.

Guest Deus_ex11

Just a heads up. Laskys are showing in stock for the Keyboard bundle but I would call to make the order to make sure they have stock.

Guest JimiB

Well I'm still waiting :S not happy with car phone warehouse as they've already taken the funds. Will phone Laskys tomorrow morning re: bundle and if they have it I'll cancel my order with cpw and get a refund, as they had the item listed as stock and have failed to deliver it to me, or even give me a date!

With the charging via USB, the issue you have is the power required, most computer USB ports only output 500mA, so if the transformers wall plug is supplying greater than that it'll struggle to charge via usb. I have read that people can charge via computers but at something like a 6th of the speed they normally see...

Guest pauldarken

Just rang Laskys... they have some in stock but selling fast. Tried to cancel CPW order but they have stock today and are delivering tomorrow... :unsure:

Guest JimiB

Hey,

I cancelled my cpw order on saturday when the guy ont he phone was unable to tell me when they'd be receiving their delivery! Placed an order with Laskys on saturday, they confirmed that stock wasn't on site but due in 10/05/11. Delivery expected Friday, so here's hoping! I'll call them tomorrow to confirm.

- Jimi

Guest pauldarken
Hey,

I cancelled my cpw order on saturday when the guy ont he phone was unable to tell me when they'd be receiving their delivery! Placed an order with Laskys on saturday, they confirmed that stock wasn't on site but due in 10/05/11. Delivery expected Friday, so here's hoping! I'll call them tomorrow to confirm.

- Jimi

Delivered today complete with keyboard... they are sending em out... 8 more hours to charge and I'm up and running!

Love the look and feel of it!

Guest Deus_ex11
Delivered today complete with keyboard... they are sending em out... 8 more hours to charge and I'm up and running!

Love the look and feel of it!

Your probably one of the first to get it in the UK. Asus said on facebook that the Ilovekeyboard orders would get them first, so I am a little bit miffed. They are now saying they will start dispatching them tomorrow. Since your the first to get it, you can do a review of it with pictures. :unsure:

Guest pauldarken
Your probably one of the first to get it in the UK. Asus said on facebook that the Ilovekeyboard orders would get them first, so I am a little bit miffed. They are now saying they will start dispatching them tomorrow. Since your the first to get it, you can do a review of it with pictures. :unsure:

Well I don't think I could add anything that isn't already out there but I have used the Ipad and Iphone and in all the research I did, this seems best value for money for what I want it for and better than other Android tablets.

So some brief comments...

1. My wife says I look like I'm the cat that's got the cream. It is a very nice tablet. I had a quick play with the xoom but this seems nicer. Maybe because of the wide screen (designed really for landscape mode but very useful for surfing the net), and also build quality.

2. The keyboard charges the screen... so the keyboard will run out of juice first. Not managed to run down the battery of the pad yet but after a few discharge cycles I will be able to let you know what battery life is really like.

3. I am new to android and the apps store is not as good as apples at the moment, but apparently it will overtake it in terms of number of apps by the summer. It is mainly due to searching though or maybe just because I am unfamiliar with it at the moment but I have to trawl a lot of apps that seem nothing to do with my search criteria before I find what I'm looking for. Oh, and a lot of apps don't seem designed for the tablet, rather for phones. Something Apple have sorted. Add to that some of the problem apps because of the openess it is not as good. Looking forward to getting Amazon Android store when they release it as they will be releasing apps that have been checked for viruses, trojans etc first.

4. Compared to Ipad I prefer it... the screen is just as responsive, I love the movies but the keyboard really makes it. Android 3 makes it seem familiar to ipad too so not too bad a learning curve for me.

5. Love the expandability. Got a 16 Gb class 10 microsd card in there and can get about 10 movies on it I think.

6. This is just part of the learning curve but little things like finding the camera was difficult (it's in gallery) and looking at my movies, I haven't worked out how to see the names of them yet (the icons are similar so I can't tell which movie is which). There is probably a way of displaying the filename but I haven't found it yet.

7. Filemanager is useful and I have used unix at work so able to navigate round easily but I suspect a non-techie wouldn't have a clue. Something you wouldn't find on an apple device is a written list of directory structures. You would have some nice gui with more obvious names.

8. Internet surfing is lovely and better than my PC using chrome... seems quicker.

9. Flash works OK compared to my PC, but can seem a bit sluggish when pressing on certain things. Ipad has no flash though so pffffftt Apple!

10. Camera seems slow. Tried to take a picture of a cat, the cat had gone between pressing the screen and the tablet actually capturing the picture.

11. Overall... Very, very pleased... no crashes or anything. Other things mentioned on this forum in terms of crashes etc haven't happened to me but it came with the very latest ASUS firmware put on a week ago!

Paul.

Edited by pauldarken

Guest pauldarken

Just done a test... ran a film for 2 hours 12 mins and battery on the pad (disconnected from the keyboard) dropped from 45% to 18%. Calculating that out is just over 8 hours of battery life. I then ran it again until battery had dropped another 5% to check how linear it was. It isn't linear as it took 28 minutes which is just over 9 hours of battery life...

Pretty good though!

It warned me at 15% and battery colour changed to orange at 20%.

Brightness was at about 33% (the same setting I had when the tablet was delivered).

Paul.

Guest JimiB

Got mine today :-) with dock, all in one box.

Suprised that parcelforce just left it outside my house behind a plant pot...

Just finished the eight hour charge, looking forward to playing :-D

-jimi