Samsung Firmware JMG

Guest KevinCTofel

Guest KevinCTofel

Caught wind of this, which may be old news to some: http://www.carrypad.com/2011/04/26/galaxy-...e-worth-having/

Kies has JMG firmware for the Tab. Since I'm running Paul's MCR and kernel, I don't use Kies. Is anyone using JMG and if so, have any comments on if it's worth an install? Of course if the MCR is built on this firmware, I'm asking a moot point, so apologies if that's the case. If not, I wonder if the MCR can be rebuilt on the newer firmware. :mellow:

Guest stevenz
Caught wind of this, which may be old news to some: http://www.carrypad.com/2011/04/26/galaxy-...e-worth-having/

Kies has JMG firmware for the Tab. Since I'm running Paul's MCR and kernel, I don't use Kies. Is anyone using JMG and if so, have any comments on if it's worth an install? Of course if the MCR is built on this firmware, I'm asking a moot point, so apologies if that's the case. If not, I wonder if the MCR can be rebuilt on the newer firmware. :mellow:

JMK is the latest JMx series firmware & was released a couple of months back. Heck, JMI was released at the start of Feburary.

Paul said on Twitter earlier today that a new MCR firmware for the Tab is due out soon, presumably that'll be based on at least JMI.

Guest Hal06
Paul said on Twitter earlier today that a new MCR firmware for the Tab is due out soon, presumably that'll be based on at least JMI.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the current MoDaCo r1 image for the SGT is already based on JMI.

Now, It appears that an official Gingerbread for the SGT is being tested at a carrier in Australia...

*I do not want to start a rumor*, but it'd be great if that new MoDaCo ROM was based on an official Gingerbread.

Cheers,

Hal

Guest KevinCTofel

Thanks for the info, gang - very helpful! And I looked last night and it does appear that the MCR is based on JMI, so my news was outdated for use MCR folks. Sorry about that. I did see Paul's tweet yesterday about an update coming for the Tab soon, so I'm looking forward to it. Hoping to see it before the HTC Flyer hits because that device could tug at my wallet. :mellow:

Guest stevenz
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the current MoDaCo r1 image for the SGT is already based on JMI.

Now, It appears that an official Gingerbread for the SGT is being tested at a carrier in Australia...

*I do not want to start a rumor*, but it'd be great if that new MoDaCo ROM was based on an official Gingerbread.

I didn't even check to see what the MCR version was to be honest, it was last updated quite a while ago so I've been using Overcome for the last couple of months.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a gingerbread version, official or otherwise. Where'd you see mention of the gingerbread testing?

Guest Hal06
Where'd you see mention of the gingerbread testing?

Sorry Stevenz,

You are right: I should have substantiated my claims by properly linking to the pages I read on that:

The Galaxy Tab Forum

Google Search Results

And I don't mean to be insulting by posting the link to google search results, it's pretty fresh news :mellow:

So yes, Official Gingerbread for SGT 7" is becoming a reality...

And I can't wait to see the code being published by Samsung :o

Cordially,

Hal