Desire S problems on orange!

Guest Hammill100

Guest Hammill100

Hi there, I have recently got a Desire S bought off ebay.. it was locked to vodafone but was the cheapest one.

I have my orange contract sim in this phone and it works normal 3G email etc..

Now since day one I have had a texting issue with the phone/orange, people are sending me texts which I am not receiving on time but sending messages seems to be fine. Also I can't send any MMS to anybody.

Anybody got any ideas on these little problems?

Also, I would like remove the Vodafone branded software, I have found RUU's for this but I have no idea where to start could somebody please post a link to a step-by-step guide?

Cheers

Ryan

Guest supertwisted
Hi there, I have recently got a Desire S bought off ebay.. it was locked to vodafone but was the cheapest one.

I have my orange contract sim in this phone and it works normal 3G email etc..

Now since day one I have had a texting issue with the phone/orange, people are sending me texts which I am not receiving on time but sending messages seems to be fine. Also I can't send any MMS to anybody.

Anybody got any ideas on these little problems?

Also, I would like remove the Vodafone branded software, I have found RUU's for this but I have no idea where to start could somebody please post a link to a step-by-step guide?

Cheers

Ryan

Have you updated your apn settings for Orange's network?

There is currently no easy root method for the S, so at the moment you will have to make do with the Rom you currently have. The S has a lot of storage so I wouldn't worry to much about the bloatware.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hammill100
Have you updated your apn settings for Orange's network?

There is currently no easy root method for the S, so at the moment you will have to make do with the Rom you currently have. The S has a lot of storage so I wouldn't worry to much about the bloatware.

Yes I have updated the APN settings and it seems orange itself has a lot of issues with 3G connections my girlfriend has the HTC Desire Z and has the same problems also my mum has the Galaxy S with the same problems I doubt its just a coincidence with the phones must be a network issue.

Thanks for reply