Omnia i900 Digitizer

Guest arbaheti

Guest arbaheti

Hi Guys,

My i900 is having touch screen issue where some parts of the screen doesnt respond at all and normal responce is also very bad nowdays.

I read some post and thought that its better to replace the digitizer, but I need some expert opinion from you guys.

Also if someone of you is from India (Mumbai area) can you please advise where to get the phone repaired?

Thanks in advance.

Guest Hermit Dave
Hi Guys,

My i900 is having touch screen issue where some parts of the screen doesnt respond at all and normal responce is also very bad nowdays.

I read some post and thought that its better to replace the digitizer, but I need some expert opinion from you guys.

Also if someone of you is from India (Mumbai area) can you please advise where to get the phone repaired?

Thanks in advance.

i dont know if you can get digitiser in India or around Bombay in particular. You can order from ebay and get it shipped to India (most vendors from Hongkong / China) ship internationally.

Changing digitiser takes 20 odd mins. I have done it myself twice.

http://www.formymobile.co.uk/omniadisassembly.php

Hermit

Guest shaikhfaisal13
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.

hi ...i m faisal from mumbai i hav i900 and i had same issue.

i got the digitizer replaced from samsung service center i ratnagiri ...i had to go there coz it was not available in mumbai, i even checked in manish market.

if you want the digitizer u can get it from here contact- shrikrupa electronics ratnagiri, tel-Telephone SPAM2352 270055 email- [email protected]

it costs Rs-896 n Rs-250 replacement charge..

mine now is better than ever :mellow:

post-574491-1304160476_thumb.jpg

Guest arbaheti

Thanks for the advise guys....got it replaced today from a local vendor in Mira road, Mumbai and now my Omnia's touch has become as good as new...

wasnt expecting to find it nearby but got it....and I am very happy with the replacement.... :mellow: :o :D

• 1 month later...
Guest jumper007
Thanks for the advise guys....got it replaced today from a local vendor in Mira road, Mumbai and now my Omnia's touch has become as good as new...

wasnt expecting to find it nearby but got it....and I am very happy with the replacement.... :) B) :D

Is it finger-friendly :?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest arbaheti
Is it finger-friendly :?

It is very much....as someone said in the post before it is better than the original one when I got it....

Guest jumper007

But when you say finger-friendly, can you say that it is comparable to iPhone CAPACITIVE TOUCHSCREEN ?? Because I dont want to buy a digitizer, just to be able to use it EASIER but STILL WITH MY NAILS! I want to know if you can use it just by moving your elbow ? (without pressing on the screen). Thanks in advance.

Guest arbaheti

you can not compare it with iPhone but still it is easier to use with nails (I type using my fingers and it works fine)....

and also you dont have to press screen....just tap it....