Royal Wedding

Guest shadowninty

Guest iKrautDroid
Pippa looked extremely sexy... :mellow:

Alright already...

But on CNN they had a best dressed poll and Kate was first, then Victoria Beckham and then Pippa...

Guest agreenjesus

The royal family. Why do they still exist? "They bring so much money into the country through tourism & business." Bollocks. If we need them to bring money into the country what a sad country we live in. Why does one of the richest families in the world receive public funding? As a taxpayer I have to fund these people's lifestyles including weddings.

They're zoo animals, everything's handed out to them like benefit scroungers. Everyone bends over backwards to suck up to them, the military let themselves be used like a rich kid's Boy Scouts group. In a sense I feel for them, can they ever know if anything they achieve is based on their own input or ability or just part of the royal joy ride.

The one thing I admire the French for is their success in ridding themselves of their aristocracy. We did a half arsed job & then let them carry on a few years later. It would indeed be a carry on farce & quite entertaining if they paid for themselves & lived by the merits of their of own abilities. Feudalism lives on in England.

As you might have guessed I'm not a monarchist.

Guest eLJay
Sadly I was working on the big day so missed it all :o

..............Shame :mellow:

Well most people in the UK didn't bother, I told off 2 people for posting this archaic rubbish on facebook.

Unfriended by them its no real loss (their dumb posts about kids and their dumb lives was driving me mad).

Roll on the UK Republic!

Guest Azurren
Someone said, not many people watched it and the British didnt care...

Over 24 million watched it... that a lot of people and shows a lot of people did give a hoot!

Didn't watch myself but glad therye happy, much rather watch the royal wedding than see Cameron f the British Public daily!

Anyway...

P.s. and Id also rather see money spent on royals than any more imagrants!

To put that into perspective more people watch "Top Gear" every week :mellow:

7-7.5m viewers in the uk, a lot more worldwide

Guest Azurren
Thins is that its almost never going to end. Because we are British -we keep our traditions, etc.

Unless of course they are even the least bit offence to race, gender, religion or culture

Remember the Muslim/s that took offence to the Christmas decorations in town (Can't remember which) the council were all for removing them all until the massive up roar from everyone else :mellow:

But no, I honestly think the royal family is here to stay. Remember what the French had to do to get rid of theirs? :o

Edited by Azurren

Guest iKrautDroid
Unless of course they are even the least bit offence to and race, gender, religion or culture

Remember the Muslim/s that took offence to the Christmas decorations in town (Can't remember which) the council were all for removing them all until the massive up roar from everyone else :o

But no, I honestly think the royal family is here to stay. Remember what the French had to do to get rid of theirs? :D

Too true :mellow:

Guest iKrautDroid
Unless of course they are even the least bit offence to and race, gender, religion or culture

Remember the Muslim/s that took offence to the Christmas decorations in town (Can't remember which) the council were all for removing them all until the massive up roar from everyone else :o

But no, I honestly think the royal family is here to stay. Remember what the French had to do to get rid of theirs? :D

Too true :mellow:

Guest shadowninty
Alright already...

But on CNN they had a best dressed poll and Kate was first, then Victoria Beckham and then Pippa...

well course Kate had to be best dressed

Unless of course they are even the least bit offence to race, gender, religion or culture

Remember the Muslim/s that took offence to the Christmas decorations in town (Can't remember which) the council were all for removing them all until the massive up roar from everyone else :mellow:

lol if only they realised that half the people who celebrate it have no belief in it

Guest xeyaztian
To put that into perspective more people watch "Top Gear" every week :mellow:

7-7.5m viewers in the uk, a lot more worldwide

Thats very strange maths?

7.5 million UK views of Top Gear.

24 million UK viewers of the Royal Wedding.

350 million worldwide viewers of Top Gear.

2 Billion worldwide viewers of the Royal Wedding.

Those stats from BBC and Wikipedia!

Also Jeremy Clarkson is the worst person on TV and is a national joke.

Guest Azurren
Thats very strange maths?

7.5 million UK views of Top Gear.

24 million UK viewers of the Royal Wedding.

350 million worldwide viewers of Top Gear.

2 Billion worldwide viewers of the Royal Wedding.

Those stats from BBC and Wikipedia!

Also Jeremy Clarkson is the worst person on TV and is a national joke.

My figures for the royal wedding were obviously bogus :mellow:

But then again thats 7.5 million viewers every week (average) vs 24 million one off views. 24 million out of 61,838,154 proves that most of us don't care

But no one insults Clarkson :o

Off the top of my head: Jonathan Ross, Keith Lemon and Russell Brand are some of the worst TVs got to offer

Edited by Azurren

Guest eLJay
Sorry guys...got to ask...why is the Royal Wedding being discussed in the Blade forum? :?

I think it's for our mental wellbeing, I have to deal with people everyday who are brainwashed royalists. Always wondered why they made education in UK schools so poor, its to make good royalists of them all.

I have to deal with these idiots everyday, just saying what they think people want to hear and not having their own ideas.

So many wannabe social climbers and not enough real people left to think, no wonder the UK music industry is in its death knells.

Guest Ponchos etc
My figures for the royal wedding were obviously bogus :mellow:

But then again thats 7.5 million viewers every week (average) vs 24 million one off views. 24 million out of 61,838,154 proves that most of us don't care

But no one insults Clarkson :D

Off the top of my head: Jonathan Ross, Keith Lemon and Russell Brand are some of the worst TVs got to offer

lol! lemon is a character, not an actual person :o

but yeah you are right though, they are all rubbish

Guest xeyaztian

I think some of you would be happier in Iran! But then you couldnt use your ZTE Blade to its full potential!

I didn't even watch the Royal Wedding and I'm glad it happened for the economic and social reasons. Its not about being royalist or anti royalist its about being English, and having the world see England in a positive light instead of a negative one as it mostly is now a days.

Cheer up people, you dont have to hate everything!

Guest Mushroom_Lord
I think some of you would be happier in Iran! But then you couldnt use your ZTE Blade to its full potential!

I didn't even watch the Royal Wedding and I'm glad it happened for the economic and social reasons. Its not about being royalist or anti royalist its about being English, and having the world see England in a positive light instead of a negative one as it mostly is now a days.

+1

In other news in the blade forum which is completely unrelated-bin laden is dead. I think that picture was taken with a blade...

I know its a significant day, but I can't help thinking on whatever avengance may occur..

Guest xeyaztian
+1

In other news in the blade forum which is completely unrelated-bin laden is dead. I think that picture was taken with a blade...

I know its a significant day, but I can't help thinking on whatever avengance may occur..

I agree I think the Blade was used in some way...

Guest Azurren

I'm Cornish :o

And tbh I never really got angry, annoyed or anything. I enjoy a good argument :mellow:

And someone has to take up the other side of the argument or it gets dull quickly

About Bin Laden mk-2.. They "killed" him and then throw him out to sea. Sounds fishy to me :D

Edited by Azurren

Guest xeyaztian
Can we have this closed please? I don't see what this has to do with the Blade

Let people talk about what they want to talk about, if you dont like it, dont read it!!!

Guest xeyaztian
I'm Cornish :o

And tbh I never really got angry, annoyed or anything. I enjoy a good argument :mellow:

And someone has to take up the other side of the argument or it gets dull quickly

About Bin Laden mk-2.. They "killed" him and then throw him out to sea. Sounds fishy to me :D

That joke is great!

Guest CRIS.F.7

I'm sorry, I had no idea the UNION jack was the flag of England.........

Guest xeyaztian
I'm sorry, I had no idea the UNION jack was the flag of England.........

The flag of England is the St Georges Cross, adopted in the 16th century and 1801 the Union Flag was adopted as the UK's flag, however most people call it the Union Jack.

And the royal wedding took place in England and the UK not Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.

So tbh ethier the St Georges Cross flag or the Union Flag would be acceptable for the Royal Wedding. However you could include common wealth flags as well.

And the Union Flag is a combination of all of the UK, so it is also the flag of England, Scotland, Wales (Though it does not include any Welsh flag elements) and Northern Ireland.

So in short yes the Union FLAG is the flag of England. (Plus others!)