Charging problem

Guest rocky11

Guest rocky11

Hi this is my first post so sorry if I've done anything wrong. I have searched forums but can't see any other posts re this issue.

I have had my OSF for 3 months. Just recently I have been having a problem when charging using the supplied usb cable and mains plug. I usually charge overnight and by morning have full charge.

However the last few times I have done this, in the morning the phone is still not fully charged, and seems to have "stuck" at a certain point although not the same each time.

In fact this morning after 10 hours it was showing 74% charge and had not changed 2 hours later.

The odd thing is though that if I use another charger (I've used my sons Blackberry charger) it charges fully in what I would say is a normal length of time.

The usb charger clearly works as when plugged into my pc everything else works i.e. I can see the phone and transfer files etc. Also when I do plug the usb charger into the mains, the phone indicates that it is charging (red led, shows "charging" on lock screen and battery indicator moves).

My phone is a Gen1, running FLB-Froyo r10.

Can anyone shed any light on this issue, other than the obvious one of using a different charger.

Guest rocky11
use a different charger (I.e. the stock one) :mellow:

Sorry I mustn't have made myself clear. It is the stock one, i.e the one that came with the phone, which is the one I'm having problems with.

Guest stephent3

I have this problem too.

Now I can only charge using the USB cable. It says it is charging using AC power when I use the stock plug but it doesn't actually charge anything.

Doing a bit of a search around it seems a number of people are having issues with this. I can't seem to find anyone who has pin pointed this too a plug fault or the fact that we are using hacked software.

Guest handful

I have the same problem, have posted about this before. We have 3 Blades in the family and at different times and with different ROMs we have all had this issue and there appears to be no rhyme or reason for it. Mine stopped charging first so started using the OH's charger when at home and bought a new one for work which works fine. Then mine stopped charging on the OH's but hers still charged fine with it. Then her's stopped charging on it as well but it still charges ok on my old charger that stopped working for me ages ago. Son's works on one but not the other.

No idea why but it seems that the phones seem to lose compatability with chargers randomly....very weird. For info ROMs are BladeVillan 2.1, Froyo JJ8 and SS 5. So not ROM specific. :mellow:

Guest Elvis Sawdust

I've also had the same problem, I wrote a post about it.

The long and short of it is I phoned Orange, they sent me a new battery and a charger, the result was a huge difference in the time the battery lasts, before I was charging every day, some times twice a day, now I charge every two days with fairly heavy use, wireless is always on.

Guest Magnets

I don't have this problem, but I have noticed that sometimes (when charging on USB) my phone can make a high pitched (but feint) whiny noise like a capacitor charging/discharging, near the top of the device.

Hopefully not a sign of an impending issue.

Guest Skip Tracer
I've also had the same problem, I wrote a post about it.

The long and short of it is I phoned Orange, they sent me a new battery and a charger, the result was a huge difference in the time the battery lasts, before I was charging every day, some times twice a day, now I charge every two days with fairly heavy use, wireless is always on.

If Orange sent you a new battery and charger without a fight it would suggest that there is an inherent fault. As it’s not wide spread perhaps it’s an odd batch.

USB chargers can be found on Ebay for a couple of pounds.