Can Streakradio work on Android 2.2.2 Build 351 official rooted in India?

Guest rithuarjun

Guest rithuarjun

Hi Everybody,

I am a radio freak and we have number of local FM to listen. I have seen the app Streakradio and I installed on my Dell streak but couldn't get any sound. I am using Dell Official Android 2.2.2 351 Build, rooted using Gingerbreak. I had my headset on and tested it but no go. If anybody have any info pls help me to figure it out.

Edited by rithuarjun

Guest rsfinsrq
Hi Everybody,

I am a radio freak and we have number of local FM to listen. I have seen the app Streakradio and I installed on my Dell streak but couldn't get any sound. I am using Dell Official Android 2.2.2 351 Build, rooted using Gingerbreak. I had my headset on and tested it but no go. If anybody have any info pls help me to figure it out.

Check post 25 of this thread.

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/335...e-post/page/20/

Guest rithuarjun
Direct link :mellow:

Post here

Thanks a lot for your replies. Ive tested it out by putting the file in the required folder and changed the permission as given. But didnt worked. May it will be a fix for the Stephen Hydes 1.9.0. For official build is not working.

Is it working for someone in the official build 2.2.2?

Guest JaxWeather

I am running 2.2.2 on my Streak (non-rooted) and I installed the Streakradio app from this link:

http://starboardbough.com/Streak_Radio.apk

(From this post) http://android.modaco.com/content-page/318...ation/page/80/#

It installs fine but when you try to change anything volume, Frequency or preset it Errs with "The application Streak radio (process xscode.streak.radio) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

Anyone have a link to a radio apk that works on the Streak 5 with 2.2.2?

-Bob

• 2 weeks later...
Guest enneos
I am running 2.2.2 on my Streak (non-rooted) and I installed the Streakradio app from this link:

http://starboardbough.com/Streak_Radio.apk

(From this post) http://android.modaco.com/content-page/318...ation/page/80/#

It installs fine but when you try to change anything volume, Frequency or preset it Errs with "The application Streak radio (process xscode.streak.radio) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

Anyone have a link to a radio apk that works on the Streak 5 with 2.2.2?

-Bob

Yes, Streak_Radio - it DOES work on 2.2.2!

You need the file "fm_hcitool" placed in "/system/bin/" first (the Streak must be rooted for this - it's easiest done with "GingerBreak 1.20"),

then you can install Streak_Radio and enjoy FM-Radio.

Greetings,

enneos

Guest JaxWeather

You need the file "fm_hcitool" placed in "/system/bin/" first (the Streak must be rooted for this - it's easiest done with "GingerBreak 1.20"),

Greetings,

enneos

Thanks enneos,

However I have just seen too many horror stories regarding rooting attempts that I will just stick with my Streak the way it is. I at least do have the real 2.2.2 on my streak as I originally upgraded to Froyo using the QDL tool... Just not sure I want to take the chance on rooting, not to mention reinstalling everything as my Streak is my main Phone/Tablet and is used extensively everyday...

Thanks though,

Bob

Guest enneos
Thanks enneos,

However I have just seen too many horror stories regarding rooting attempts that I will just stick with my Streak the way it is. I at least do have the real 2.2.2 on my streak as I originally upgraded to Froyo using the QDL tool... Just not sure I want to take the chance on rooting, not to mention reinstalling everything as my Streak is my main Phone/Tablet and is used extensively everyday...

Thanks though,

Bob

Hi,

I tried several ways of rooting. With ADB manually as well as the much appraised SuperOneClick - Tool.

However, halfway hrough the process my Streak was always lost in the PC (sound for USB device removed).

Maybe something has been changed from Froyo 2.2. to 2.2.2.

Then I found the hint to GingerBreak. It is a APK to be installed on the Smartphone. The rooting takes place

solely on the smartphone completely without USB connection and data cable.

After installing it gives you the only choice of Rooting or unrooting. It is really as simple as that.

Absolutely great tool. Worked in a jiffy.

Greetings,

enneos

Guest rithuarjun
Thanks a lot for your replies. Ive tested it out by putting the file in the required folder and changed the permission as given. But didnt worked. May it will be a fix for the Stephen Hydes 1.9.0. For official build is not working.

Is it working for someone in the official build 2.2.2?

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion and help. Streak Radio is been working perfectly for me now. I believe my phone had some partial root issues. I rooted properly with Gingerbreak and hand placed the suggested file in xbin. Then installed the Streak Radio app. Voila!!! It works like a charm. Its awesome. I am loving it.

Wonderful forum to help begginners like me. Once again thanks a lot to everyone.

I am listening to FM while posting this reply.

Guest zigzagindex

Greetings,

enneos

Hi, could you please tell me where to download this 'fm_hcitool' file? Many thanks.

• 1 month later...
Guest cedarman

Greetings,

enneos

i have 2.2.2 ,15609 , rooted , using root explorer , copied fm_hcitool from my sd card to /system/bin , it says it is copying ( bin set to r/w ) however nothing gets copied , has anyone experienced the same problem , any suggestion

thks

Guest cedarman

Greetings,

enneos

i have 2.2.2 ,15609 , rooted , using root explorer , copied fm_hcitool from my sd card to /system/bin , it says it is copying ( bin set to r/w ) however nothing gets copied , has anyone experienced the same problem , any suggestion

thks

ok working now , forgot to install busybox :)

• 2 months later...

Greetings,

enneos

thks

Hi

First of all i would like to thank you all in making this dream a reality that i will be able to listen to FM on my Dell Streak..

here is my present status

Super User option is available ( My phone should be rooted)

have installed BusyBox Installer.

i have installed Terminal Emulator

i have a file explorer installed ( ES file explorer)

have downloaded the file fm_hcitool

the problem is .. i am unable to copy the file in the /system/bin location.. it gives me error " Can not copy)

kindly suggest what am i missing.

Guest 80sLoveCHILD

Hi

First of all i would like to thank you all in making this dream a reality that i will be able to listen to FM on my Dell Streak..

here is my present status

Super User option is available ( My phone should be rooted)

have installed BusyBox Installer.

i have installed Terminal Emulator

i have a file explorer installed ( ES file explorer)

have downloaded the file fm_hcitool

the problem is .. i am unable to copy the file in the /system/bin location.. it gives me error " Can not copy)

kindly suggest what am i missing.

Try a different file explorer. I suggest http://www.ghisler.com/android.htm

remember options - configure - allow root everywhere

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

Try a different file explorer. I suggest http://www.ghisler.com/android.htm

remember options - configure - allow root everywhere

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply.. i downloaded the application and tried to copy the file however got

Write Error

Error writing to target file!

/system/bin/fm_hcitool

post changing the read write permissions " i was able to copy the file " however cant hear anything play..

I tried to play using Terminal Emulator however when i used the command SU which went fine however on " fm_hcitool 1" it said " Permission denied"

Any suggestions?

FINAL UPDATE BELOW

Changed the file permissions &

GUYS... i would like to thank you all for showing the way... I am listening to FM as i write this...................

YOU GUYS ROCK...

SIMPLY GREAT THANKS A TON

Edited by schnill