MHL USB to HDMI adapter?

Guest gluttony

Guest gluttony

Hopefully my SGS2 should arrive this week!

But does anyone know where we can get the MHL USB to HDMI adapter for a reasonable price and anywhere that has stock?

The only one i can find is on expansys and that is at a pretty steep 24.99 for a cable and isnt available yet...

Edited by gluttony

Guest robot1000
Hopefully my SGS2 should arrive this week!

But does anyone know where we can get the MHL USB to HDMI adapter for a reasonable price and anywhere that has stock?

The only one i can find is on expansys and that is at a pretty steep 24.99 for a cable and isnt available yet...

I'm pretty sure ebay will be flooded with them from China for a couple quid, within the next couple of months

Guest NZtechfreak

There is no place to get them right now, Samsungs ones are projected for a June release. I am hoping to get supplied one from the MHL Consortium for my Clove Blog review, however they are having difficulty in sourcing one right now. If it comes through there will of course be a demo video :mellow:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Nat Guest
There is no place to get them right now, Samsungs ones are projected for a June release. I am hoping to get supplied one from the MHL Consortium for my Clove Blog review, however they are having difficulty in sourcing one right now. If it comes through there will of course be a demo video :P

The official Samsung HDMI adapter doesn't look to be out for quite a while yet but there's one by BizLite over at Mobile Fun that should be in over the next fortnight (website says 9-14 days) http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/bizlink-m...ack-p29839.htm

Cheaper than the official one too.

Guest NZtechfreak

Got a tracking number for my MHL cable from the MHL consortium, should arrive here in NZ Monday. Any questions before then please fire away...

Guest NZtechfreak

Got my prototype adapter from the MHL consortium - working perfectly with my SGSII. Like the Samsung adapter only works with a power supply connected. Video proof to follow later!

Guest NZtechfreak

Wow, the MHL cable is awesome! HD content looks beautiful, and gaming with an external controller is heavenly. Currently converting video, Clove Blog will have uploaded to youtube later.

Guest maedox
Wow, the MHL cable is awesome! HD content looks beautiful, and gaming with an external controller is heavenly. Currently converting video, Clove Blog will have uploaded to youtube later.

Which games with which external controller?

Guest NZtechfreak
Which games with which external controller?

Emulator games, Gamevil games, using Phonejoy bluetooth controller via Bluez IME app.

EDIT: Video proof going up to this youtube channel soon - http://www.youtube.com/user/CloveTechnolog...u/1/Oir-3FSG-5A

I've been writing a bit of content for them the last several weeks, mostly about the SGSII...

Edited by NZtechfreak

Guest ermacwins

looks clunky :D

Emulator games, Gamevil games, using Phonejoy bluetooth controller via Bluez IME app.

EDIT: Video proof going up to this youtube channel soon - http://www.youtube.com/user/CloveTechnolog...u/1/Oir-3FSG-5A

I've been writing a bit of content for them the last several weeks, mostly about the SGSII...

Ive been after the Datel wireless retro controller in the uk, where and how much did you get it for?

Edited by ermacwins

Guest NZtechfreak
looks clunky :D

Ive been after the Datel wireless retro controller in the uk, where and how much did you get it for?

Codejunkies in the US, got it using Shipito (I'm in NZ).

Guest Epic-Emodude

Hi,

I'm looking at getting a dock for my GSII. Will this work out of the micro-USB port on the back of that?

Also, will the USB output from the adapter work for data transfer?

Thanx

Aaron

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Junior Bear

Will these adaptors display video output only. Or will they replicate what's on the phone screen. Like the menu and stuff?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest NZtechfreak

Will these adaptors display video output only. Or will they replicate what's on the phone screen. Like the menu and stuff?

Full mirroring: