• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

settings.db

3 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I'm new here, and am pretty much of a noob to android, only been playing with it for about 8 months or so. I've got a rooted Samsung Captivate, updated with the latest from Samsung, Android 2.2. I managed to stumble my way through editing the settings.db file to allow me to install non-market apps. Looking at all the other settings in that file, I would sure like to know if anybody knows or has some kind of reference to the variables in the other fields-looking at the names of the records makes me want to experiment, but I don't want to change something and make the phone unbootable. A lot of those settings could make life easier if I knew what exactly they did. Thanks in advance to anybody who can help.

Posted · Report post

Oh, please, share to us somebody!

Maybe some wiki have this reference?

Posted · Report post

im not really sure what do you mean by non-market apps, i download most off my apps on pc and install on phone later, there is a check in the settings>applications to enable unsecured non-market apps if thats one of the things you meant..

if not, you could be referring to compatibility check on market that doesnt allow some apps to be installed and such, you could check this thread on xda.. hope i helped :)