[ROM] CM7 7.1.0 RC0 with Android Base 2.3.4 (unofficial intermediate build)

Guest JobSup

Guest JobSup

Hi,

due to the recent lack of nightly builds (for all phones that is) I compiled CM7-Blade from the current source. No big surprise, the result was a CM7-Blade Rom with version 7.1.0-RC0 and Android Base 2.3.4. So some bigger changes are coming. First I did not want to post it here, but for the sake of testing the status of the recent bugs I changed my mind, so here it is.

Update: removed due to the devs request. Wait for the next official build

For testing purpose only, please use common sense if you want to test it out and restrict your experience to this thread. It is not even a regular nightly, so please no bug reports, no complaints, no whine outside of this thread.

The same procedure as every year:

- backup your current rom

- wipe (wipe data/factory reset, format system, wipe dalvik cache)

- install the rom, install basic Google Apps if desired

- reboot and enjoy

Possible Problems

- USB connection might not work (working with complete wipe before installation)

- watch space available on your system partition, remove stuff from the rom if necessary (I always remove Androidian and Cyanbread themes and CMWallpapers)

Interesting things to check out (please report in this thread only)

- GPS usage

- USB charging

- Accelerometer lag

- any other exciting new things in Android 2.3.4 (i.e. Google Talk Video Chat?)

So long

Edited by JobSup

Guest Jekle
Hi,

due to the recent lack of nightly builds (for all phones) I compiled my own CM7 from the current source yesterday. No big surprise, it gave me a CM7 Rom with the version 7.1.0 RC0 and Android Base 2.3.4. So some bigger changes are coming.

I will not post it here because for example USB connection won't work on my phone for example (using adb to push files, no big deal). Other than that it is working fine. GPS is working (has been working for me since n57) and the USB charging bug still might be present. Can't tell anything about the accelometer yet.

So long.

Could you upload it please?

Guest JobSup

As stated above I did not plan to upload my build. I might rethink that, mainly for the fect to get some early information about the status of the recent bugs like GPS reboot, USB charging or the Accelometer lag.

I am just preparing a new build and will upload that somewhere, so stay tuned...

So long

Guest kallt_kaffe

As I understand the first 2.3.4 (not CM) builds for the HTC Desire (Bravo) also had issues with USB mounting but they fixed it. Not sure what they did.

I've also built and tried a couple of versions of the current work-in-progress CM 7.1.0 and the only new issue I've seen is the USB mounting (although my testing has been rather limited).

Guest Ippe H
Hmm, USB mounting worked once after a reboot, but now it is not working again.

D/VoldCmdListener( 123): volume shared /mnt/sdcard ums

W/InputManagerService( 188): Window already focused, ignoring focus gain of: com.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy@40635b38

Guest jeddy1

google talk video chat ?? no it doesnt have video chat.well i guess bec gapps need a small update .anyway is working well.and yes mount sd is not working .

Guest xmaxxmax
google talk video chat ?? no it doesnt have video chat.well i guess bec gapps need a small update .anyway is working well.and yes mount sd is not working .

Hi, have you tried accelerometer? Thanks in advance.

Guest Ron=)
As I understand the first 2.3.4 (not CM) builds for the HTC Desire (Bravo) also had issues with USB mounting but they fixed it. Not sure what they did.

I've also built and tried a couple of versions of the current work-in-progress CM 7.1.0 and the only new issue I've seen is the USB mounting (although my testing has been rather limited).

That's awesome.

Did you get around it testing the accelerometer / sensors bug? The bug was initially caused by a merge with 2.3.3 so it would make sense if the 2.3.4 replaced some libs and fixed it! One can only hope! (:

Guest JobSup
Did you get around it testing the accelerometer / sensors bug? The bug was initially caused by a merge with 2.3.3 so it would make sense if the 2.3.4 replaced some libs and fixed it! One can only hope! (:

Didn't have time yet because I am still at work. But that's actually one of the most interesting things to test.

Guest mELIANTE
How can I see if the accelerometer is lagging?

I'd love to test this...

Let a few hours pass and then try to play SpeedX or install some test app.

Edited by mELIANTE

Guest iKrautDroid
Let a few hours pass and then try to play SpeedX or install some test app.

Sh1t!

I can't download this with my slow mobile internet.

Guess Ill have to wait till later

Sorry...

Guest hecatae
still no rtsp fix...

this is not an official build, this is a self build from a user not a developer, it's pretty broken, I would not use it

this is not an official build, this is a self build from a user not a developer, it's pretty broken, I would not use it

Lets all just be patient and wait for the CM Devs to do there work.

When its ready,its ready :mellow:

Guest JobSup

Not official that's true, but I wouldn't call it 'broken'. The only thing that is not working is the USB mounting, probably fixed in the next build.

Also it is not meant to be a stable day-to-day rom, it's for testing purpose, read the 1st post.

Not official that's true, but I wouldn't call it 'broken'. The only thing that is not working is the USB mounting, probably fixed in the next build.

Also it is not meant to be a stable day-to-day rom, it's for testing purpose, read the 1st post.

I think there really is no point in this,

CM Devs are already testing and building there ROM,

why would they need others to do it as well ?

Its not as if we could report on bug tracker.lol

Guest hecatae

sorry, to me broken means not fixed, therefore usb mounting is broken, so this unofficial self build like the one i compiled myself this morning is not worth using.

testing is fine, but I would hate to see any bugs logged for this or for other users to believe this an official build.

Guest JobSup
testing is fine, but I would hate to see any bugs logged for this or for other users to believe this an official build.

That's true. But the really interesting change is the Android 2.3.4 base and to see if it fixes the accelerometer. If it gets out of control, I will remove the download. I was hoping the first post was clear enough.

Guest HCDR.Jacob

Aww hell no...

SERIOUSLY, I don't mind users building themselves but don't badword share them. Ever thought there might be a reason for the lack of nightlies?

Also, your donate link insults me. Me and Tom work our asses off on this, and you go and type "make", and try to claim donations.

This is why I rarely visit forums.