[ROM] CM7 7.1.0 RC0 with Android Base 2.3.4 (unofficial intermediate build)

Guest JobSup

Guest simonckenyon

it looks to me that the usb mounting issue was fixed. so another build would fix that.

as to the merit of this build; there hasn't been a nightly for a week and a lot of stuff has changed in the source tree.

so it is understandable.

Guest jtc42
Aww hell no...

SERIOUSLY, I don't mind users building themselves but don't badword share them. Ever thought there might be a reason for the lack of nightlies?

Also, your donate link insults me. Me and Tom work our asses off on this, and you go and type "make", and try to claim donations.

This is why I rarely visit forums.

Agreed. OP can't be serious with the donations thing surely?

Agreed. OP can't be serious with the donations thing surely?

yeah he serious,I just followed the link and it leads to paypal.

And even calls it cm7 development,

what a liberty.

All the hard work by the likes of jacob and,someone comes along makes a build of Cyanogen

and then has the cheek to cash in on it :mellow:

I think this thread needs closing, end of !

Edited by Guest

Guest JobSup

Get over it, the reason was stated and it was kept low profile on purpose. For no second it was meant to insult or take away something from the cm devs here. I earn my living as a consultant and software architect myself, no need to make money trough PayPal, notice the smiley after the link...

Updated the first post and removed the links.

Guest swordtail
yeah he serious,I just followed the link and it leads to paypal.

And even calls it cm7 development,

what a liberty.

All the hard work by the likes of jacob and,someone comes along makes a build of Cyanogen

and then has the cheek to cash in on it :o

I think this thread needs closing, end of !

And deleted with either a warning or ban of op :mellow:

Guest Grain
But the really interesting change is the Android 2.3.4 base and to see if it fixes the accelerometer.

You can look at the code for that. There have been no changes in sensorservice in the 2.3.4 merge nor have there been any changes in the Blade device config. So no, the accelerometer will probably not have gotten fixed magically :mellow: .

Guest JimJam707
Get over it, the reason was stated and it was kept low profile on purpose. For no second it was meant to insult or take away something from the cm devs here. I earn my living as a consultant and software architect myself, no need to make money trough PayPal, notice the smiley after the link...

Updated the first post and removed the links.

He obviously doesn't want you sharing it.

If someone gave you a glass of lemonade every day for free but asked for the occasional donation but then stopped, would you take his lemonade and ask for donations?

Guest Lee Black
He obviously doesn't want you sharing it.

If someone gave you a glass of lemonade every day for free but asked for the occasional donation but then stopped, would you take his lemonade and ask for donations?

Oooh, JimJam is sharing some Lemonade :mellow: me thirsty :o

Guest Zunex
Hi, have you tried accelerometer? Thanks in advance.

Hey!

Accelerometer is still laggy for me. I waited 9 hours then tried Speedx3D and Doodle Jump.

Edit:

Even with Nightly 61

Edited by Zunex

Guest shad0wboss
Hey!

Accelerometer is still laggy for me. I waited 9 hours then tried Speedx3D and Doodle Jump.

Edit:

Even with Nightly 61

I respect all devs as they are much more intelligent then me but to be honest, it doesn't seem like they are fixing major stuff in those nightly builds...i mean, gen 2 users still complain about GPS not working and accelerometer lagging and i've got graphics glitch problem on the other side in nearly all the 3d games i play on these nightly builds...these issues had forced me to move to nightly 8 (2.3.2) which is stable but the only problem it has is that most of the apps just force close so i REALLY ENCOURAGE the OP to come up with a new unofficial build with the MAIN BUGS BEING FIXED FIRST so that people can start using that build or what's the point if someone's trying to use GPS and none of the builds help that person?

Guest HCDR.Jacob
I respect all devs as they are much more intelligent then me but to be honest, it doesn't seem like they are fixing major stuff in those nightly builds...i mean, gen 2 users still complain about GPS not working and accelerometer lagging and i've got graphics glitch problem on the other side in nearly all the 3d games i play on these nightly builds...these issues had forced me to move to nightly 8 (2.3.2) which is stable but the only problem it has is that most of the apps just force close so i REALLY ENCOURAGE the OP to come up with a new unofficial build with the MAIN BUGS BEING FIXED FIRST so that people can start using that build or what's the point if someone's trying to use GPS and none of the builds help that person?

Firstly, GPS is fixed again. It was definitely fixed in 7.0.2, then it broke again in nightlies. New nightlies should fix it. The charging bug is also fixed. I think the only major bug left is this accelerometer one, which Tom is close to fixing. Any builds the OP of this releases won't be any more fixed than our nightlies. If you think they will, check yourself into a mental asylum, because you're freaking insane.

Secondly, people forget that me and Tom are people (gasp!). We have our own lives. He has a full time job, and I am still a school student with important exams in just over a week and a part time job on the side. We do this in our free time, and I'm sorry if you think we fix things slowly, but you should just be happy that we do this at all. Nobody is forcing us too, and we have no reason too other than wanting to give you guys an awesome ROM.

Rant over.

Guest leetron1

All the best for your exams, Jacob...those who greatly appreciate your work FAR outnumber the knuckle-draggers.

I paid £60 for my SF back in October and hardly a day has gone by since that I haven't had fun modding it...yours & Tom's work being the pinnacle of all the developments for the humble Blade.

The Cyanogen ROM is an awesome creation..please continue my friend.. :mellow:

Edited by leetron1

Guest shad0wboss
Firstly, GPS is fixed again. It was definitely fixed in 7.0.2, then it broke again in nightlies. New nightlies should fix it. The charging bug is also fixed. I think the only major bug left is this accelerometer one, which Tom is close to fixing. Any builds the OP of this releases won't be any more fixed than our nightlies. If you think they will, check yourself into a mental asylum, because you're freaking insane.

Secondly, people forget that me and Tom are people (gasp!). We have our own lives. He has a full time job, and I am still a school student with important exams in just over a week and a part time job on the side. We do this in our free time, and I'm sorry if you think we fix things slowly, but you should just be happy that we do this at all. Nobody is forcing us too, and we have no reason too other than wanting to give you guys an awesome ROM.

Rant over.

why doesn't anyone seem to understand what i'm saying. Ok, i'll make this clear once more. I really respect the devs including you because i feel i'm dumber then the devs and it's a fact BUT what i mean is, if a new build is introduced, it should be done before a previous one is totally complete or it doesn't make sense...no matter how long it takes the devs to release a fully stable rom (2 months? 1 year?) so that people can stay on that build until a more fsater/stable one is released....simple as that....just a little suggestion and don't take it personal because i have exams soon as well and i understand your situation...hope you take me positively

Guest HCDR.Jacob
why doesn't anyone seem to understand what i'm saying. Ok, i'll make this clear once more. I really respect the devs including you because i feel i'm dumber then the devs and it's a fact BUT what i mean is, if a new build is introduced, it should be done before a previous one is totally complete or it doesn't make sense...no matter how long it takes the devs to release a fully stable rom (2 months? 1 year?) so that people can stay on that build until a more fsater/stable one is released....simple as that....just a little suggestion and don't take it personal because i have exams soon as well and i understand your situation...hope you take me positively

That's why we have nightlies...

Guest jeddy1

bec if they release a stable rom which maybe will be stable for u or me,someone else maybe will have an issue/bug so thats a correct answer ´´thats why nightlys are

Guest shad0wboss
bec if they release a stable rom which maybe will be stable for u or me,someone else maybe will have an issue/bug so thats a correct answer ´´thats why nightlys are

stable means stable in every term aka a perfect rom...don't play around with words lol...

but i get the point of releasing nightly's ...

Edited by shad0wboss

Guest Ufufu
stable means stable in every term aka a perfect rom...don't play around with words lol...

I'm not sure you get the point. The developers are doing exactly what you are asking for - trying to fix the bugs. The Nightly builds are automated builds of the code as it is at the moment, and they are used so the developers can test the changes that they have made - the Nightly builds are not "released".

If you want a perfect build in 2 months or 1 year as you mention, just wait until then and don't use the Nightly builds - would you rather those builds did not exist?

Guest tonydl

maybe you shouldn't use CM7 at all for now, tom and jakob are doing an awesome job, but they cant provide a "stable in every term aka a perfect rom" (yet).

there never has been a rom which was "stable in every term" or near to "perfect".

oh but I almost forgot, the perfect rom will get released at wednesday.

Guest msylva
maybe you shouldn't use CM7 at all for now, tom and jakob are doing an awesome job, but they cant provide a "stable in every term aka a perfect rom" (yet).

there never has been a rom which was "stable in every term" or near to "perfect".

oh but I almost forgot, the perfect rom will get released at wednesday.

I'll wait for the result of your good work.

Regards