• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

[GUIDE] to Debrand & Rebrand back to O2 for Samsung Galaxy S2

41 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm really stuck with the flashing process.

I've followed your guide to a tee, but I've got the Sales Code appearing still as O2U. Furthermore I've checked in Kies and it's showing blank next to Current Firmware Version (see attachment)

I've even tried reflashing the O2 firmware and then following the steps again, but to no avail

The strange thing is that the phone appears to be rebranded (startup screen and no O2 branding), but this isn't reflected in Kies or in the *#272*....# menu

Any suggestions would be most grateful

Edit

Forgot to mention that when I revert back to the O2 firmware it gets recognised by KIES

post-633766-1304862695_thumb.png

Edited by robot1000

Posted

I'm really stuck with the flashing process.

I've followed your guide to a tee, but I've got the Sales Code appearing still as O2U. Furthermore I've checked in Kies and it's showing blank next to Current Firmware Version (see attachment)

I've even tried reflashing the O2 firmware and then following the steps again, but to no avail

The strange thing is that the phone appears to be rebranded (startup screen and no O2 branding), but this isn't reflected in Kies or in the *#272*....# menu

Any suggestions would be most grateful

Yes reflash firmware then reset and clear catch aswell as stated above.

Posted

What are the benefits of flashing, apart from getting rid of the O2 splash screen? Phone seems super stable and fast anyway, so not sure it's worth it...

thanks

M

Posted

What are the benefits of flashing, apart from getting rid of the O2 splash screen? Phone seems super stable and fast anyway, so not sure it's worth it...

thanks

M

Better support, as it will come straight from Samsung

Posted

Yes reflash firmware then reset and clear catch aswell as stated above.

Cheers

Finally worked :unsure:

Posted

Better support, as it will come straight from Samsung

Ah so we'll get the generic firmware . Cool.

Posted (edited)

Cheers

Finally worked :unsure:

Glad you sorted it mate. I was worrying big style about mine yesterday so know how you must of been feeling.

Ratkat you had any luck with the camera prob?

Edited by ASIL3NTK1LLER

Posted

Glad you sorted it mate. I was worrying big style about mine yesterday so know how you must of been feeling.

Ratkat you had any luck with the camera prob?

Don't think it's a problem to be honest, think it is just the camera initializing, a friend who has had two (first went back for a dead pixel) had the same noise on both. I just never noticed it until after I had flashed the UK firmware.

Posted

And of course once you've done it, if your phone was rooted before this procedure, you need to reapply the insecure boot and superoneclick steps to get it back to being rooted again... doh!

All sorted now... just need MCR :unsure:

Posted

Finally got round to doing this! worked fine, Kies shows nothing next to firmware, but the *#272*....# menu shows XEU as expected.

thanks OP!

Posted

Anybody got a copy of the Vodafone firmware, want to go to stock but would like to have a copy to go back to.

Posted

hi, guys just need something to be cleared up..... i have an o2 locked sgs2 and if i root it and load the stock rom on this device will i be able to recive stock OTA updates

Posted

Mine still says O2U, why can't i change this?

Posted

How do you clear cache, is it clear cache partition from the reboot menu?

If so i have followed the steps except installed the latest KE7 firmware posted on XDA developers. Why is it still saying O2U for the CSC, any ideas?

Posted

Fixed now, hard reset done the trick

Posted (edited)

Hi Nice Post,

Just Got a S2 today on 3, I have rooted, unlocked and overclocked. If I flash with the orignal fimware will it disable the overclock? Also at the moment when i plug my 02 sim in the phone, I can't get the internet working it's as if packet data is off but it is on, I dont get it any advice?

Thanks in advance

Edited by lloydz1