[GUIDE] to Debrand & Rebrand back to O2 for Samsung Galaxy S2

Guest jutley

Guest robot1000

I'm really stuck with the flashing process.

I've followed your guide to a tee, but I've got the Sales Code appearing still as O2U. Furthermore I've checked in Kies and it's showing blank next to Current Firmware Version (see attachment)

I've even tried reflashing the O2 firmware and then following the steps again, but to no avail

The strange thing is that the phone appears to be rebranded (startup screen and no O2 branding), but this isn't reflected in Kies or in the *#272*....# menu

Any suggestions would be most grateful

Edit

Forgot to mention that when I revert back to the O2 firmware it gets recognised by KIES

post-633766-1304862695_thumb.png

Edited by robot1000

Guest jutley
I'm really stuck with the flashing process.

I've followed your guide to a tee, but I've got the Sales Code appearing still as O2U. Furthermore I've checked in Kies and it's showing blank next to Current Firmware Version (see attachment)

I've even tried reflashing the O2 firmware and then following the steps again, but to no avail

The strange thing is that the phone appears to be rebranded (startup screen and no O2 branding), but this isn't reflected in Kies or in the *#272*....# menu

Any suggestions would be most grateful

Yes reflash firmware then reset and clear catch aswell as stated above.

Guest markdotpeters5

What are the benefits of flashing, apart from getting rid of the O2 splash screen? Phone seems super stable and fast anyway, so not sure it's worth it...

thanks

M

Guest robot1000
What are the benefits of flashing, apart from getting rid of the O2 splash screen? Phone seems super stable and fast anyway, so not sure it's worth it...

thanks

M

Better support, as it will come straight from Samsung

Guest markdotpeters5
Better support, as it will come straight from Samsung

Ah so we'll get the generic firmware . Cool.

Guest ASIL3NTK1LLER
Cheers

Finally worked :unsure:

Glad you sorted it mate. I was worrying big style about mine yesterday so know how you must of been feeling.

Ratkat you had any luck with the camera prob?

Edited by ASIL3NTK1LLER

Guest Ratkat
Glad you sorted it mate. I was worrying big style about mine yesterday so know how you must of been feeling.

Ratkat you had any luck with the camera prob?

Don't think it's a problem to be honest, think it is just the camera initializing, a friend who has had two (first went back for a dead pixel) had the same noise on both. I just never noticed it until after I had flashed the UK firmware.

Guest pbinks

And of course once you've done it, if your phone was rooted before this procedure, you need to reapply the insecure boot and superoneclick steps to get it back to being rooted again... doh!

All sorted now... just need MCR :unsure:

Guest markdotpeters5

Finally got round to doing this! worked fine, Kies shows nothing next to firmware, but the *#272*....# menu shows XEU as expected.

thanks OP!

Guest lnoormohamed

hi, guys just need something to be cleared up..... i have an o2 locked sgs2 and if i root it and load the stock rom on this device will i be able to recive stock OTA updates

Guest David5093

How do you clear cache, is it clear cache partition from the reboot menu?

If so i have followed the steps except installed the latest KE7 firmware posted on XDA developers. Why is it still saying O2U for the CSC, any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lloydz1

Hi Nice Post,

Just Got a S2 today on 3, I have rooted, unlocked and overclocked. If I flash with the orignal fimware will it disable the overclock? Also at the moment when i plug my 02 sim in the phone, I can't get the internet working it's as if packet data is off but it is on, I dont get it any advice?

Thanks in advance

Edited by lloydz1