Okay... Maybe it's time to change my i900. But with what?

Guest andrew.mazlim

Guest andrew.mazlim

Okay... It's going to be the 3rd year with my i900 - like some (I hope not many) of you.

Let's say you wonna buy a new cell-phone, because your old-fellow (Omnia i900) is about to... die (lol)!

And, you came to 3 choices:

1) Samsung Galaxy S

2) iPhone 4

3) HTC HD2 Leo USA T-Mobile...

The 1st is great and new; the 2nd is new and good (some saying "beyond categories", but too much expensive; the 3rd, a bit old but "Top Seller" and great (and you like a bit more the TouchFlo3D) and you may find it now, ONLY "Used" or "New other".

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Guest d3us

I'd go for galaxy s or nexus s, they are really good looking and stable working phones. Few of my friends have galaxy/nexus, so I'm telling this from their experience, but I'll probably buy iPhone 4 this summer, just because I can have it for less money :mellow:

HD2 is fantastic, but I can't stand the fact that it doesn't have front camera, not because I'm using that feature a lot, but because my Omnia HAS it, and I'm not eager to "downgrade" :o

Edited by d3us

Guest Hermit Dave
Okay... It's going to be the 3rd year with my i900 - like some (I hope not many) of you.

Let's say you wonna buy a new cell-phone, because your old-fellow (Omnia i900) is about to... die (lol)!

And, you came to 3 choices:

1) Samsung Galaxy S

2) iPhone 4

The 1st is great and new; the 2nd is new and good (some saying "beyond categories", but too much expensive; the 3rd, a bit old but "Top Seller" and great (and you like a bit more the TouchFlo3D) and you may find it now, ONLY "Used" or "New other".

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

I'd go for windows phone 7.

I have a Mozart... a friend of mine got Trophy and ended up buying one for his wife as well.

WP7 is nice and smooth.. Only a couple of missing bits

Guest andrew.mazlim

Thxs.

Dave bro, if I would "try" (AGAIN!) to buy a WinMo device, I would choose the Leo - with my TOP FAVORITE TouchFlo3D UI.

For the other issue (Galaxy S2), I NEVER (ever!) buying totaly new product! It's my policy not risking in very new products - in anything, camera, pc, vga cards, you name it.

So... I'll go for Galaxy S. It's quite cheep now and everybody says... Galaxy S ROCKS!

Guest mide74

Last month I switched my Omnia for a iPhone4 and I didn't regret it for a second.

Everything works so smooth and fast, and although itunes still sucks you learn to see some positive things when you start working with it.

I don't think the other 2 choices even come close to the iPhone when talking about user friendliness and 'every thing just works' without a hassle.

Guest andrew.mazlim
Last month I switched my Omnia for a iPhone4 and I didn't regret it for a second.

Everything works so smooth and fast, and although itunes still sucks you learn to see some positive things when you start working with it.

I don't think the other 2 choices even come close to the iPhone when talking about user friendliness and 'every thing just works' without a hassle.

Well, bro... the problem is, the Leo can be found around 380 euros... the Galaxy S around 340 euros...

...and the iPhone4 around 600-700 euros!!!!!!!!!

That much, is the price for a desent... laptop!

I don't have the cash for the iPhone4.

Btw... they told me, Galaxy S GPS... sucks big time!!!!!! Is this true???

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest Hermit Dave
Well, bro... the problem is, the Leo can be found around 380 euros... the Galaxy S around 340 euros...

...and the iPhone4 around 600-700 euros!!!!!!!!!

That much, is the price for a desent... laptop!

I don't have the cash for the iPhone4.

Btw... they told me, Galaxy S GPS... sucks big time!!!!!! Is this true???

I dont know... was never impressed with Sense UI.

WP7 is totally different experience. It hasn't crashed.. Infact the only time i needed a reboot was when i installed updates and Zune put it into boot loader.

BTW i got my Mozart for about 200 pounds which is pretty decent... of course it was from eBay and not a mobile phone company.

Guest andrew.mazlim

WP7 is totally different experience. It hasn't crashed.. Infact the only time i needed a reboot was when i installed updates and Zune put it into boot loader.

BTW i got my Mozart for about 200 pounds which is pretty decent... of course it was from eBay and not a mobile phone company.

If you checked my page, mate, I'm a TouchFlo lunatic. I love that SIMPLE and nice/good looking UI.

Guest Hermit Dave
If you checked my page, mate, I'm a TouchFlo lunatic. I love that SIMPLE and nice/good looking UI.

Oh well then there's no other choice left but android for you.

BTW TouchFlo on omnia was horrible... actually everything relating to touch was horrible on Omnia... my all previous HTC WinMo phones were better at it than Omnia

My best preferred HTC interface was HTC Home... then it just got complicated.

Guest andrew.mazlim
Oh well then there's no other choice left but android for you.

BTW TouchFlo on omnia was horrible... actually everything relating to touch was horrible on Omnia... my all previous HTC WinMo phones were better at it than Omnia

My best preferred HTC interface was HTC Home... then it just got complicated.

First of all, the GTX OCK's last rom (with Manila2Dv2) is great - of course, without the presence of some lags.

But, since I'm telling you "I'm TouchFlo3D fanatic"... why are you telling me "Android"???

Can be, HTC TouchFlo3D, HTC Sense, "port" in Android's devices?

(I'm close to choose the good-old HD2 Leo).

Guest d3us

if ur tf3d fanatic, why the hell did u write something like:

3 choices:

1) Samsung Galaxy S

2) iPhone 4

go for hd2 and thats it :unsure:

Guest awarner

I was into this screen and that theme etc but once I went to WP7 none of that matters now, my HD7 has to be the best device I've ever owned and it's getting better all the time.

Guest andrew.mazlim
I was into this screen and that theme etc but once I went to WP7 none of that matters now, my HD7 has to be the best device I've ever owned and it's getting better all the time.

Mate, there are countless fora/sites with many reviews... and eveybody's writting for the countless flaws & limitations of WM7.

In gsm-arena, there isn't a SINGLE WM7 with more than 7 point in the total conclusion.

(On the other hand, Galaxy S or HD2, had over 8.7 points).

Let's face it... iOs is the MOST STABLE OS right now... Android, probably the BEST BALLANCED OS.

But NONE of them, running with TouchFlo3D!!!

Which is the ONLY UI I ever want to use & look on my device.

If there isn't any other choice... I'll stay with my i900 (with Manila2Dv2).

I don't wonna buy a GREAT phone (Galaxy S), with TERRIBLE (for my flavor) UI.

Guest Ex-inferis

Well, my personal preferrence has always been Samsung (every phone I've had for the last ten years has been a Samsung phone) so I'm a bit biased when I say Galaxy S! :unsure: S2 looks really, really nice, but the price right now is too high.

I wouldn't touch an iPhone if it were given away with a million quid! OK, maybe I would, but I'd keep the cash and eBay the iPhone!

I tell you want not to get: BlackBerry 9800 Torch. I bought one a few weeks ago as it was going cheap, but in comparrison to my Omnia it's just terrible. I love the physical qwerty keyboard but I hate that it updates iteself all the time and I can't connect to the Internet via WiFi. Definately going back to a Windows or Android based phone soon.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Guest thescope

I have been sitting on the fence regarding a new phone for way too long. I wanted to get a Galaxy S, than Atrix 4G, now I'm waiting for Galaxy S2. I hope to buy it on eBay and not have to sign some 2 year contract. I hate contracts!

Edited by thescope

Guest kaiyee

I am considering the Mozart too, it is going for 192 pounds on http://www.sgbest.com...is that a good deal?

Guest Hermit Dave
I am considering the Mozart too, it is going for 192 pounds on http://www.sgbest.com...is that a good deal?

well 192 is pretty decent... most go around 200 range. Omnia 7 costs more but with Samsung issues a few months back and my own experience with samsung i am not going any where near Samsung devices again.

cost me another 15 to unlock it and its good to go.

Yeap i have been there as well.. changing stuff around and finally when i started cooking, i settled for the barebones CHome interface and overclocked my omnia. The lighter the better.

WP7 is cool. I have been using WinMo since PPC days and have used a combination of devices and Mozart is by far the best so far.

Back on original thread... HD2 is a good phone... considering its got capacitive touchscreen its might be a better experience.. its got touchflo like you want and gives you access to the whole system. go for it

Guest andrew.mazlim
Back on original thread... HD2 is a good phone... considering its got capacitive touchscreen its might be a better experience.. its got touchflo like you want and gives you access to the whole system. go for it

I'm on it, mate. I'm checking now the... pounds, to see if I can get an USA T-Mobile (with double memory than european ver.)!

Thxs.

Guest magawa

galaxy s 2 some of "ships" have camera problems .... in focus

iphone without jailbreak is like nokia old phones . and very expensive .

HD2 I see that u want it , but u will found only "used HD2's" its good that u have 4 different os's at same time and every os have things that other doesn't . " android - wm6.5 - windows phone - ubuntu and meego on the way "

best wishes,

MGW

Guest andrew.mazlim
galaxy s 2 some of "ships" have camera problems .... in focus

iphone without jailbreak is like nokia old phones . and very expensive .

HD2 I see that u want it , but u will found only "used HD2's" its good that u have 4 different os's at same time and every os have things that other doesn't . " android - wm6.5 - windows phone - ubuntu and meego on the way "

best wishes,

MGW

I know I can't find "new" HD2, but this is what I want.

Guest Hermit Dave
I know I can't find "new" HD2, but this is what I want.

i am sure you can find lots of new hd2 in UK... saw them when i was buying mozart.. check ebay