Rapid's B7610 Sense 2.5.2021 ROM

Guest Rapid81

Guest Rapid81

Rapid's B7610 Sense 2.5.2021 ROM

Latest update: 12/05/2011 (NXXJC2 with build 29020 - WM6.5.3)

Changelog 12/05/2011:

• Build changed from 21916 to 29020
  • Theme changed to Jeffrey2000 WM7 Hybrid WVGA
  • HTC Taskmanager changed to XTask (known bug is the icon shows up in the first level of Samsung Settings)
  • Backlight patch removed (possible cause of sleep of death)
  • Boot/Shutdown animation changed to my O2 ROM's animations.
    • Samsung SDK's service registry entries removed (because of sleeping issues)
    • Start Menu glitch fixed
    • Camera glitch fixed

This release is the first one. It may not even starts on your B7610 or contains some glitches or problems. I need some volunteers to test it out and report back to me the problems, so I can fix those. The Sense is 2.5.2021 from my ROMs. It may contains some known problems, such as you cannot receive MMS, but there's a possibility to fix this in my O2 ROM's thread.

What's removed:
      • Smart Sync
      • Cube
      • Smart Reader
      • Samsung Main Menu
      • Other languages and keyboards than english
      • Application Store
      • Games
      • Backgrounds
      • Youtube
      • QIK
      • Opera 9.5
      • Google Maps
      • Podcast
      • Samsung FunClub
      • i8000 handbook
      • Widgets
      • MSN Weather
      • MSN Money
      • Live Search
      • SkyBox
      • SkyMarket
      • Marketplace
      • Outlook Live Updater
      • Today Selector

• Sense 2.5.2021
        • m6 Color TaskBar Vista Theme (with my waitcursor)
        • O2Flash 1.2 (on Button1)
        • SDKCerts 2010
        • Samsung SDK 2.2
        • HTC TaskManager 2.1
        • Opera Mobile 10 Final
        • Total Commander 2.52 ß3
        • SoftReset program
        • Topaz CommManager
        • MS My Phone (newest one)
        • Sense on-off shortcut added
        • latest GK OpenGL wrapper included
        • Facebook shortcut
        • Wi-Fi On&Off shortcut
        • Bluetooth On&Off shortcut
        • My own Boot/Shutdown screens
        • sgoo's Backlight on Lockscreen patch

Other modifications:

[*]Error Reporting off by default

[*]MP3s removed, (from registry too) except Samsung Tune.mp3

[*]Page Pool Size changed to 8MB

[*]Task manager on Button1 hold

[*]WinMo Settings on by default

[*]GPS on optimum settings (COM4 / 9600)

[*]Changed some icons

[*]4 rows Start Menu

[*]My own Lockscreen

[*]My own call screen with bigger caller picture

[*]Front Camera support

[*]Black Theme by default

[*]Registry entry to the photoalbum filter added

Download

Recommendations:

[*]Flash with Octans 2.14

[*]You can flash it with any CSC and you need to, because if you do not flash CSC, you may run into some troubles. :mellow:

Waiting for you responses...

Edited by Rapid81

Guest Princeagarwal

this is as AWESOME as it could get !!

you cooked a rom within hours :mellow:

i am really thankful to you sir

i request all the b7610 owners to please go ahead and test it for rapid81 as he doesnt have a b7610 and he is taking so much pain doing so much for our little community

again thanx a ton to the great master chef rapid81 for his selfless efforts

Guest cappuccina

HI! What a nice surprise!

I might try it today already and looking forward to the further developement if it might have problems.

Thanks for this effort! Really really great!

Guest cappuccina

HI again,

so I flashed your Rom now. It seems to be pretty responsive.

But I have a graphic problem in the startmenu, see picture.

post-662699-1304782381_thumb.png

After the flash I just left the phone and when the screen went off I couldn't wake the phone up. I was afraid to have the sleeping beauty problem, but after a softreset I locked the phone with the button completely so the screen went black and I could wake it also up again. So this seems to be hopefully no problem.

EDIT: Found something new. The Camera Button is not working! I can see and click through the menu but not use the button.

This is just a first little impression haven't tested too much for now!

Will report if I have some more issues!

Thanks again for a new B7610 Rom to test. I like it!

Edit: I just realized that I forgot to flash it with a CSC together, but could that cause the problems? Maybe i will flash again if I have time...

Edited by cappuccina

Guest Rapid81
HI again,

so I flashed your Rom now. It seems to be pretty responsive.

But I have a graphic problem in the startmenu, see picture.

post-662699-1304782381_thumb.png

After the flash I just left the phone and when the screen went off I couldn't wake the phone up. I was afraid to have the sleeping beauty problem, but after a softreset I locked the phone with the button completely so the screen went black and I could wake it also up again. So this seems to be hopefully no problem.

EDIT: Found something new. The Camera Button is not working! I can see and click through the menu but not use the button.

This is just a first little impression haven't tested too much for now!

Will report if I have some more issues!

Thanks again for a new B7610 Rom to test. I like it!

Edit: I just realized that I forgot to flash it with a CSC together, but could that cause the problems? Maybe i will flash again if I have time...

Maybe it is related to the modified Camera.exe. I'll not include it to the next version.

Until that, I attached the original camera.exe from the JC2. Copy it to the \Windows with Total Commander and try it out.

I don'T know what's the graphic glitch. Maybe it's related to the hacked backlight.dll (it causes to have full backlight on the lockscreen). Attached the original of this too.

I thin I found out. I deleted 2 pictures what I shouldn't have to.

Copy the 2 png to the \Windows from the zip.

Camera.zip

Start_Menu_background.zip

Edited by Rapid81

Guest cappuccina

hmm....copied the files to \windows and made a softreset. Now my phone won't start anymore. I see the starting windows screen and after that it stays black.

guess now I HAVE to flash again. Will flash with CSC just to be sure that this was not the problem...

too bad...:mellow:

Edited by cappuccina

Guest Rapid81
hmm....copied the files to \windows and made a softreset. Now my phone won't start anymore. I see the starting windows screen and after that it stays black.

guess now I HAVE to flash again. Will flash with CSC just to be sure that this was not the problem...

too bad...:mellow:

Possibly not because the files. It happens sometimes, but the interesting is, it never happened to me, just some people who uses my ROMs.

Guest cappuccina

ok, I can confirm that with the files you provided the glitch in the startmenu is gone and the camera is working now. Thanks.

But if you make a new version, PLEASE leave out the samsung sdk.

IT DOES cause the sleeping beauty bug, where the device is not waking up anymore. Everytime the phone is in sleep mode for more than a couple of minutes I'm not able to turn it on, only by pressing the softreset whole.

Besides that this Rom is really nice so far.

Normally I like 6.5.3 more but this is a very good. And I like it that its already customized. Suits my taste also :mellow: Big Thanks, Great work!

Guest Rapid81
ok, I can confirm that with the files you provided the glitch in the startmenu is gone and the camera is working now. Thanks.

But if you make a new version, PLEASE leave out the samsung sdk.

IT DOES cause the sleeping beauty bug, where the device is not waking up anymore. Everytime the phone is in sleep mode for more than a couple of minutes I'm not able to turn it on, only by pressing the softreset whole.

Besides that this Rom is really nice so far.

Normally I like 6.5.3 more but this is a very good. And I like it that its already customized. Suits my taste also :mellow: Big Thanks, Great work!

I didn't know there's a problem between the Samsung SDK and the B7610. :o Sorry.

I'll cook a new version today. And as soon as Princeagarwal provide me a B7610 6.5.3 ROM dump, I'll use that to create a ROM.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest ls210886
Nothing. You can send MMS.

Good :unsure:...

what are "other" bugs knows?

thx

Edited by ls210886

Guest Princeagarwal

@gauravv

i think you should flash some official 6.5 rom cos it will be having .mst file and then flash your pda to this rom (along with csc)

p.s. -- you should wait for rapid's advice, as he has played with android a lot

Guest Princeagarwal
Good :unsure:...

what are the bugs knows?

thx

@ls210886

i think you should rather visit the o2 thread (link attached in 1st post ) to have a look at the known bugs. However it is not necessary that they will be present in this rom so please go ahead with flashing this rom and report bugs (if any ) here

also if the bugs are the same as in the O2 thread than you can try the fixes that have been mentioned over there

this way you can help this great and selfless chef for his awesome rom

thanx :)

Guest Rapid81
hey i have to flash full mst first to install your rom coz i deleted hidden partition for android!!

thanks!!

It is recommended to flash a full rom, in this case, the obvious one (JC2), then this rom.

Guest aiiro

Sorry for off-topic question, but I don't have much point to ask this in the various Manila/Sense topics either here or at XDA Dev', when those have last posts like from last summer. I'm currently testing Daskalos Sense 23144 ROM and I was wondering about the popup menus - those have white background and black text. Is it possible to change the popup menu colors at all in Manila / Sense? Like to reverse it so that the menus have black background and white text?

Thanks in advance to anyone who has information on this. I have been google'ing half a day and all I came up with was the name "menu-background.qtc" but I don't know whether it's relevant at all or not...

Thanks.

Guest ls210886
i think you should rather visit the o2 thread (link attached in 1st post ) to have a look at the known bugs. However it is not necessary that they will be present in this rom so please go ahead with flashing this rom and report bugs (if any ) here. also if the bugs are the same as in the O2 thread than you can try the fixes that have been mentioned over there.. this way you can help this great and selfless chef for his awesome rom..thanx :unsure:

this your reply is very useless...

...what do you ask me to do... this was what i am asking to everybody that tested this .mst ...

no more reply.. problem gone...

Guest Princeagarwal
this your reply is very useless...

...what do you ask me to do... this was what i am asking to everybody that tested this .mst ...

no more reply.. problem gone...

i wish you were a bit more modest

firstly i dont find my post to be useless in any regard

secondly, whats the point of asking others when you can try the rom yourself (and when the chef himself doesnt have b7610)

Guest Soul_Master

Your ROM does not support to install HTC Phone Canvas 2 from Daskalos ROM. I want to use complete HTC experience ROM. I hope will add some missing HTC component to this ROM.

Thanks,

Edited by Soul_Master

Guest Rapid81
Your ROM does not support to install HTC Phone Canvas 2 from Daskalos ROM. I want to use complete HTC experience ROM. I hope will add some missing HTC component to this ROM.

Thanks,

This Sense is 2.5.2021. I don'T know which version Daskalos using. I remember someone who installed HTC Phone to my ROM and it's worked perfectly. The main conecpt is in my ROMs that I love the Samsung SMS and Phone, and I did not remove those. Also the SMS won't work when I tried to use HTC Messaging.

And what are those missing components?

Edited by Rapid81

Guest Parlas

Thank you for trying to give us hope Rapid81,

I flashed your ROM and here is some bugs that i found:

1)

Sense is not working on landscape at all.

2)

Wifi enabling/disabling cannot be controlled through Sense's settings

3)

I Changed the wallpaper and after a soft reset (from the hardware button) i can't boot the phone (it hangs after the windows logo.. forever)

if i press the shutdown button it shows the (awesome :unsure: ) shutdown logo and it shuts down

When i start the phone again it hangs again after the windows logo. :)

Guest Rapid81
Thank you for trying to give us hope Rapid81,

I flashed your ROM and here is some bugs that i found:

1)

Sense is not working on landscape at all.

2)

Wifi enabling/disabling cannot be controlled through Sense's settings

3)

I Changed the wallpaper and after a soft reset (from the hardware button) i can't boot the phone (it hangs after the windows logo.. forever)

if i press the shutdown button it shows the (awesome :unsure: ) shutdown logo and it shuts down

When i start the phone again it hangs again after the windows logo. :)

1, Because Sense crashes in landscape.

2, Because you need to change the device's name in the registry. It's set to O2's WiFi devcie name.

3, You changed something what's not necessary (language for example)