Rapid's B7610 Sense 2.5.2021 ROM

Guest Rapid81

Guest mythos.gr

tnx rapid for this rom. i have an issue,the start button(shortcut) has error opening the target filename and the lockscreen dont turn up on the wake up but only when i push the button for several moments,i had flash it with jc2 rom in the beginning and after that four times your rom and i had the same issues. This rom is very nice job of yours and will be excellent if you can advise me how to fix this issues,my regards from Greece!

Guest Rapid81

I uploaded a 6.5.3 (based on build 29020) version.

The changes are:

• Theme changed to Jeffrey2000 WM7 Hybrid WVGA
  • HTC Taskmanager changed to XTask (known bug is the icon shows up in the first level of Samsung Settings)
  • Backlight patch removed (possible cause of sleep of death)
  • Boot/Shutdown animation changed to my O2 ROM's animations.

It may not even starts. I'll put it in the first post when I'll have a comfirmation it works.

Guest cappuccina

OK, I flashed your 6.5.3 Rom and it STARTS and runs fine.

So far I don't see any major bugs or issues. Only those little ones mentioned above. That can be fixed easily as you said.

I like that you used xtask instead,thats also my favorit.

Really big thanks again for a very nice ROM. We appreciate your effort to cook a Rom without having the devise yourself. :unsure: Grat work

Guest wolfspirit

Great and fast ROM. All working fine except Wifi. Wifi monster show error: NullReferenceException

Maybe driver is missing?

Guest Rapid81
Great and fast ROM. All working fine except Wifi. Wifi monster show error: NullReferenceException

Maybe driver is missing?

Try with the WiFi shortcut.

The Device name is different, I think. That's why the Topaz Comm Manager not handle the WiFi.

This is the O2's device name. You need to change it to the B7610's device name.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\CommManager\WLAN]

"DeviceName"="{98C5250D-C29A-4985-AE5F-AFE5367E5006}\\SWLDM201"

I'll change it in the next one, if someone tells me the working one.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest Princeagarwal

okay flashed this rom now

the best sense rom ever !!!!!!

fast, responsive, stable

the end button has never been so responsive, instant jump to the homescreen

all in all the best rom let it b speed or memory (yeah it isnt memory hungry,though its sense)

i will report more later today and will try adding some screen shots

update :

1. i have observed that the "input method" tab in the samsung settings is not working, and its not even present in the default settings, bcos of this touchpal cant be registered.

2. really a fast rom indeed, the camera capture is also faster than any rom .

many thanx rapid

iwe owe u big tym !!

Edited by Princeagarwal

Guest cappuccina

Hi,

I also do like the Rom very much. Thanks.

But I also realized that Wifi is not working. Also from Samsungs Settings.

I looked at that Reg Key and it says what you wrote, and I'm not sure what to enter there.

So maybe we can work on that :unsure:

Guest wolfspirit

After three days of using the ROM:

1. My WLAN key was [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\CommManager\WLAN]

"DeviceName"="{98C5250D-C29A-4985-AE5F-AFE5367E5006}\SWLDM201". I can enable WLAN and it's working fine if I out of range of any WLAN and enter in range from start menu shortcut, CommManager and Samsung settings, but sometimes if any WLAN is in range I can't enable it in any way. I noticed this before in other cooked ROM's.

2. Input method tab in the Samsung settings is not working. When I type on phisycal keyboard secondary characters on the last row of keyboard are wrong:

Alt , give ]

alt . give [

alt ? give \

alt ~ give `

3. Maybe try to use very good virtual keyboard from daskalos ROM,s instead Samsung Keyboard because they have different special and diacritical characters useful to other than English languages. Virtual keyboard also appears too low on the screen and few rows of start menu hide behind keyboard, also if I install Swype. Only windows keyboard shows correctly.

4. Alarm icon in start menu is blank.

5. Maybe integrate with ROM PimBackup and PHM RegEdit

6. Samsung WidgetPlus was removed but still appears in Items on Today menu

7. Samsung Today is too low on the screen in portrait mode and I see wallpaper between task bar and Samsung Today.

8. Sense is blank and useless in landscape mode when I try to type anything on the keyboard.

9. When sense is on phone hangs up and don’t respond. Sense consumes so many resources than I can’t run others applications and must to soft reset. Now I use Samsung Today.

10. Unwanted scrollbar appear on Samsung dialpad and when I dial any number. Samsung Phonebook, Call Log and Messaging working fine without scrollbar.

Guest Mariuszmax

Rapid

Thanks a lot for your nice Rom, i've dowloaded "sense.V2" working smooth, and fast

i've enabled Wifi from Samsung settings menu, how to assign to your to HTC settings wifi ?

Edited by Mariuszmax

Guest cappuccina

ok, my fault. Wifi is somehow working now. I can enable it via samsung settings and shortcut. But not in Sense Communications. :unsure:

Guest Rapid81
Rapid

Thanks a lot for your nice Rom, i've dowloaded "sense.V2" working smooth, and fast

i've enabled Wifi from Samsung settings menu, how to assign to your to HTC settings wifi ?

You need to figure out the WiFi's device name and change it in the registry, if the device name is different from O2.

After three days of using the ROM:

1. My WLAN key was [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\CommManager\WLAN]

"DeviceName"="{98C5250D-C29A-4985-AE5F-AFE5367E5006}\SWLDM201". I can enable WLAN and it's working fine if I out of range of any WLAN and enter in range from start menu shortcut, CommManager and Samsung settings, but sometimes if any WLAN is in range I can't enable it in any way. I noticed this before in other cooked ROM's.

2. Input method tab in the Samsung settings is not working. When I type on phisycal keyboard secondary characters on the last row of keyboard are wrong:

Alt , give ]

alt . give [

alt ? give \

alt ~ give `

3. Maybe try to use very good virtual keyboard from daskalos ROM,s instead Samsung Keyboard because they have different special and diacritical characters useful to other than English languages. Virtual keyboard also appears too low on the screen and few rows of start menu hide behind keyboard, also if I install Swype. Only windows keyboard shows correctly.

4. Alarm icon in start menu is blank.

5. Maybe integrate with ROM PimBackup and PHM RegEdit

6. Samsung WidgetPlus was removed but still appears in Items on Today menu

7. Samsung Today is too low on the screen in portrait mode and I see wallpaper between task bar and Samsung Today.

8. Sense is blank and useless in landscape mode when I try to type anything on the keyboard.

9. When sense is on phone hangs up and don’t respond. Sense consumes so many resources than I can’t run others applications and must to soft reset. Now I use Samsung Today.

10. Unwanted scrollbar appear on Samsung dialpad and when I dial any number. Samsung Phonebook, Call Log and Messaging working fine without scrollbar.

2-3. I didn't change the input method. I'll try the keyboard from Daskalos' ROM if someone extract it and send me a link.

4. There's not supposed to have Alarm icon in the Start Menu. :unsure: I'll look into it.

5. Will be.

6. Yep... Never found the registry entry.

7. Because this is not a native 6.5.3 ROM. The applications are all 6.5.

8. Because the Sense is not working in landscape mode, that's why I disabled it...

9. ???

10. Back to 7th.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest Princeagarwal

@rapid

can you please solve the "input method" problem ??

also the rom has really good memory footprint when lockscreen is disabled, but not that good with lockscreen enabled, is there a tweak for it ??

also i really like the cursor wait icon, but its not visible over black screens cos the skin is black, if you can change its colour a bit it would be great ..

Guest Rapid81
@rapid

can you please solve the "input method" problem ??

also the rom has really good memory footprint when lockscreen is disabled, but not that good with lockscreen enabled, is there a tweak for it ??

also i really like the cursor wait icon, but its not visible over black screens cos the skin is black, if you can change its colour a bit it would be great ..

The MS lockscreen uses about 10MB of RAM. Noone could do anything about this, except MS. :unsure:

What's the problem with the input method exactly? BTW, I did not do anything with the keyboard.

I cannot change the waitcursor, but you can change the taskbar. The waitcursor is came with the taskbar.

Guest Princeagarwal

the problem is that in the samsung settings i cannot chose the i/p method, clicking on it does not work.

i use touchpal keyboard, to register touchpal, registration code has to be entered there in the i/p settings

secondly, i may use s2u2 lock but it also has ram leakage, can anything be done about itp as ram goes on decreasing with usage of lockscreen

Guest Rapid81
the problem is that in the samsung settings i cannot chose the i/p method, clicking on it does not work.

i use touchpal keyboard, to register touchpal, registration code has to be entered there in the i/p settings

secondly, i may use s2u2 lock but it also has ram leakage, can anything be done about itp as ram goes on decreasing with usage of lockscreen

I'm using TouchLockPro. It's not a lockscreen, but it locks the phone by the proximity sensor, or by swinging, or anyhow. You can set it really widely.

Guest Princeagarwal
I'm using TouchLockPro. It's not a lockscreen, but it locks the phone by the proximity sensor, or by swinging, or anyhow. You can set it really widely.

thanx for the nice lock :unsure:

please solve the input method problem

Guest lsh222

Bugs:I use 2011-5-12 version,System halted when power on sometimes(when display picture "Onima Pro").I have try most digital power indicator,All could cause System halted when power on(Or restart),the difference of them is probability.And I notice that almost all DIY system which don't use digital power indicator hasn't this problem.Please don't use it in next version.

Guest Rapid81
Bugs:I use 2011-5-12 version,System halted when power on sometimes(when display picture "Onima Pro").I have try most digital power indicator,All could cause System halted when power on(Or restart),the difference of them is probability.And I notice that almost all DIY system which don't use digital power indicator hasn't this problem.Please don't use it in next version.

I don't understand a word from this...

Update:

I think I understand what you're talking about. The battery indicator. I need to say, you're a real troll!

The battery indicator is an IMAGE, not program or anything, just several images, one after another, no matter it has a percentage painted on it or not.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest wolfspirit

By default please set in samsung settings rong in mode: Vibrate and ring. Couple of minutes i try to find out why all my rings are muted and Ring Volume always back to 0.

My bigest problem with this ROM is still phisical keyboard and wrong characters. How to change Input metod and phisical keyboard language?

Guest Rapid81
By default please set in samsung settings rong in mode: Vibrate and ring. Couple of minutes i try to find out why all my rings are muted and Ring Volume always back to 0.

My bigest problem with this ROM is still phisical keyboard and wrong characters. How to change Input metod and phisical keyboard language?

That's what I don't know either. I never held a B7610 in my hands, so I don't know how it works. I'll look into the ROM and the removed files to try to find the problem with the keyboard, but I'm not promise anything. We'll see.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest lsh222
I don't understand a word from this...

Update:

I think I understand what you're talking about. The battery indicator. I need to say, you're a real troll!

The battery indicator is an IMAGE, not program or anything, just several images, one after another, no matter it has a percentage painted on it or not.

Glad to meets you.I use your ROM first time,I really like it.You are right,I meams "The battery indicator".I have ever used Daskalos's /Thunder141's ROM,Daskalos's ROM don't use digitial battery indicator,and it start normally,but if I install any of Attachment,It will halt when startup like your's sometime.Thunder141's and your's ROM are digitial,All have the startup problem.I am a layman,I don't know why,maybe occasionally?

digital_bettery.rar