[Guide] Flashing firmware to Blade/Libra via windows

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Guest hedgepigdaniel

I have extracted recovery.img from stock ROM zip, and install it using Recovery Manager. But when I power on with Vol+, CW is still there. Any hint?

EDIT: tried the method on first post. Now the FTM screen appears. Is that it? Because I have never tried recovery on a stock, only CW, so I don't know what's OK. Thanks!

FTM is what usually comes up, yes.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest showromano
In clockworkmod, install the ROM you downloaded previously or restore your nandroid backup. Reboot and enjoy your new firmware. If you flashed a TPT compatible firmware, then use TPT if you ever want to repartition again.

I have a problem. :( After doing the step 10 of how to flash, which is restoring my nandroid backup, I thought I was finally okay but after rebooting my system, my phone still directs me to the clockwork mode. What should I do?? help me! :(

Edited by showromano

Guest hedgepigdaniel

I have a problem. :( After doing the step 10 of how to flash, which is restoring my nandroid backup, I thought I was finally okay but after rebooting my system, my phone still directs me to the clockwork mode. What should I do?? help me! :(

Have you made sure that your old ROM is the same Gen as the one you are flashing to? have you checked that the contents of your old setup will fit on your new partition layout?

Did the flashing process complete properly and display success?

Guest showromano

Have you made sure that your old ROM is the same Gen as the one you are flashing to? have you checked that the contents of your old setup will fit on your new partition layout?

Did the flashing process complete properly and display success?

Yes, I made sure that it's Gen2. How will I know that my old setup will fit on my new partition layout?? Umm.. I think that my problem is the flashing process. Will it appear on my phone's screen when my flash succeed or will it appear on my computer? Sorry, I'm quite new to this kind of stuff :(

Guest wukudaku

What does it mean that firmware is compatible with Gen1 TPTs or compatible with Gen2 TPTs?

I did Gen1 to Gen2 TPT upgrade from Eclair so what firmware I've got now, compatible with Gen1 or Gen2 TPTs?

Edited by wukudaku

Guest hedgepigdaniel

What does it mean that firmware is compatible with Gen1 TPTs or compatible with Gen2 TPTs?

I did Gen1 to Gen2 TPT upgrade from Eclair so what firmware I've got now, compatible with Gen1 or Gen2 TPTs?

If you upgraded from gen1 to Gen2 via TPT, then your phone is only compatible with Gen1 style TPTs. its because of a lower level firmware difference that cannot be changed with TPT.

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Yes, I made sure that it's Gen2. How will I know that my old setup will fit on my new partition layout?? Umm.. I think that my problem is the flashing process. Will it appear on my phone's screen when my flash succeed or will it appear on my computer? Sorry, I'm quite new to this kind of stuff :(

well if any of your partitions are smaller after the flash, then you might be out of luck. the success should appear on the computer in the flasher, under the start button.

IMPORTANT: clockworkmod is now installed to your phone’s boot partition. This means that if you install a ROM at this point you will overwrite clockworkmod. You must now flash the correct version of clockworkmod (recovery-clockwork 4.0.0.5-blade-genX-update_signed.zip) from your SD card. This will install clockworkmod to the recovery partition where it belongs

I have a 'noob' question about the above which is Step 8 given on the first page of this thread for the procedure to replace the firmware.

I have understood most of the installation procedure, but I would be most grateful if someone could expand for me the actual steps to take in the above where it says "You must now flash the correct version of clockworkmod etc --------". What are the actual steps in this 'flashing' process.

Many thanks.

Guest hedgepigdaniel

I have a 'noob' question about the above which is Step 8 given on the first page of this thread for the procedure to replace the firmware.

I have understood most of the installation procedure, but I would be most grateful if someone could expand for me the actual steps to take in the above where it says "You must now flash the correct version of clockworkmod etc --------". What are the actual steps in this 'flashing' process.

Many thanks.

the procedure is the same as installing a ROM in clockworkmod. You make sure the zip file with clockworkmod is on your SD card (its one of the files you download when you begin). Then turn on your phone, and select install zip from SD card in clockworkmod, choosing this zip file.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest INFERNO66

i repartition my phone(gen2) again, on 98% procces stop, i wait 30 min. but not succes. after remove batery My phone has become a brick . does not react to anything, not one way to load. in the service center can anyone help me?

sory for my english

Guest hedgepigdaniel

i repartition my phone(gen2) again, on 98% procces stop, i wait 30 min. but not succes. after remove batery My phone has become a brick . does not react to anything, not one way to load. in the service center can anyone help me?

sory for my english

You must have had some very bad luck.

Go here: http://android.modaco.com/topic/343587-guide-de-bricking-a-zte-blade/ and try method 3, and method 5. Good luck.

Guest INFERNO66

You must have had some very bad luck.

Go here: http://android.modac...ng-a-zte-blade/ and try method 3, and method 5. Good luck.

I try this methods, but luck is very bad. Phone not react for any combinations buttons with battery or without battery. (((((((((((((

I just hope services center can help me

Edited by INFERNO66

Is there anyway to remove the green android that comes up at boot, I've learnt that it has something to do with splash partition.

Is it possible to delete the splash partition?

OR

is it possible to repartition the phone the way it was before?

I need my phone to say DELL, so that I can claim warranty.

Edited by adizz

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Is there anyway to remove the green android that comes up at boot, I've learnt that it has something to do with splash partition.

Is it possible to delete the splash partition?

OR

is it possible to repartition the phone the way it was before?

I need my phone to say DELL, so that I can claim warranty.

http://android.modac...n-android-logo/

You will have to find your original splash image though - I'm not sure where to get the dell one. If you can find a Dell software update then you can probably extract it.

EDIT: you can't delete the splash partition, but If you replace it with a black image, then it will look like nothing. make a 480x800 black picture and save it as a bmp in 16 bit RGB565 format, then flash it.

Edited by hedgepigdaniel

http://android.modac...n-android-logo/

You will have to find your original splash image though - I'm not sure where to get the dell one. If you can find a Dell software update then you can probably extract it.

EDIT: you can't delete the splash partition, but If you replace it with a black image, then it will look like nothing. make a 480x800 black picture and save it as a bmp in 16 bit RGB565 format, then flash it.

I have a ROM made out of the stock 2.2 ROMdump. The Dell image appears after the android logo when I flash boot.img from it, how do I extract .img files?

Guest hedgepigdaniel

I have a ROM made out of the stock 2.2 ROMdump. The Dell image appears after the android logo when I flash boot.img from it, how do I extract .img files?

Right. If it was a splash.img then you would jut have to rename it, but boot.img also has the kernel so that won't work. I suggest you make a new thread on the subject - I'm sure someone else will know. I think boot.img is a yaffs2 image so a yaffs2 image explorer would be a good start.

Guest ianbjones

I dont know what i am doing or how i did it but i followed the instructions and it worked perfectly. having spent 2 days reading up on the net

about flashing ( not that sort) i was completely baffled but this seems to have recovered granddaughters san francisco from a pattern unlock disaster.

WELL DONE that man whoever you are...... cheers, Ian

Guest hedgepigdaniel

4G4G_GENERIC_P729V1.0.0B25.zip build date 9th September 2011

http://www.multiupload.com/0KA5TOZGWY

it's 2.2.2

but, it is completely generic, which is important for ftm and the online upgrade tool as it recognises your phone as unbranded giving the latest updates

so If you flash this you will still get offered any updates from your provider?

Hi,

how can I be absolutely sure that my Blade is the european version. I mean, I did buy it in europe (Iceland) but I have no idea where they got it from, is there a way to find out?

I'm running the stock firmware but I have rooted, flashed clockworkmod and another rom.

When I go into Settings > Applications > Running Services and combine used ram and free ram I get 400mb, does that mean it's not a chinese Blade? Oh, and it's gen2.

If I perform "df -h" in terminal emulator I get /sys = 220.0M, /dat = 162.5M and /cac = 42.0M. That seems to be the same as the stock gen2 firmware package in the first post, except for the cache partition.

Thanks in advance, Arnar.