MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

[ROM] Android 2.3.4 | Swiftdroid 2.0 RC0 | Cyanogenmod 7.1.0 RC0 | Mur4ik

138 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

All credits go to Mur4ik

CyanogenMod3DLowRes.jpg

I draw your attention that this firmware, as CyanogenMod 7, as the Android 2.3 is still under active development.

By giving all that is laid out here is considered experimental, use a daily personal matter. Benefit you have enough alternatives.

Whatever youhttp://www.cyanogenmod.com/wp-content/themes/cyanogenmod/images/btn-getcyanogen.png do, do at your own risk and no responsibility for your actions, I am not. And none of you do not owe anything.

I'm proud to present the latest version of Mur4ik's work: SwiftDroid 2.0 RC1! :) Finally, I was able to grab some screenshots from my brother's optimus. You can see them in the post below. :unsure:

What works:

-Sensors

-Accelerometer

-Compass

-2D

-3D

-WiFi

-GSM

-GPS

-aGPS

-Bluetooth

-Camera with Autofocus and zoom

-SD Card

-Partitioned SD Cards work as well

-Haptic feedback

-Touch screen

-FM Radio (You can download a RDS fm radio from the market and it will work as well)

-Root

-Busybox

-Wired headphones

-Backlight

-Native WiFi Tethering

What doesn't work

-Wireless headsets

-DivX and Xvid

-Flash(Only flash lite) - There will never be full flash!

Slightly decrease vibration power

Transfer all files types via Bluetooth

Fix bug dispearing status bar widgets after switch themes

Fix bug FM-radio sound through the speaker.

Fix bug on the penultimate step of hearing the volume during calls.

Added LGE keyboard

Revert back all standard languages

Ability to take screenshots without extarnal applications (longpress powerbutton and see a new list item).

Add ability to swap volume key in different orientations

Headset media button fixed

Updated localizations

Updated CyanogenMod

It's recommended that you use ClockworkMod recovery 4+ with this ROM

Latest version: SwiftDroid 2.0 RC1, Android 2.3.4

Links:

Fastboot:

http://depositfiles.com/files/kfonwyret

Recovery:

http://depositfiles.com/files/j16yb00tw

Mirrors:

http://www.mediafire...j7ojh8trbxkj7mo

Other versions:

SwiftDroid 2.0 M4

Links:

Fastboot: http://fileshare.in.ua/4477460

Recovery: http://fileshare.in.ua/4477464

SwiftDroid 2.0 M3

Links:

Fastboot: http://narod.yandex.ru/disk/11292226001/Sw...fastboot_M3.zip

Recovery: http://narod.yandex.ru/disk/11284983001/Sw...recovery_M3.zip

SwiftDroid 2.0 M2

Links:

Fastboot: http://narod.yandex.ru/disk/10929834001/Sw...fastboot_M2.zip

Recovery: http://narod.yandex.ru/disk/10930021001/up...R4IK-signed.zip

I won't add older versions. There's no need for them. If you want to download an older version go to Androidmobsfreak's topic

Installation

Fastboot:

fastboot -w

fastboot erase system

fastboot erase boot

fastboot flash system system.img

fastboot flash boot boot.img

fastboot reboot

Recovery:

Extract the zip file and put the extracted zip file on the sd card. If you see some extracted folders from the zip file, then don't extract it and put it directly on the sd card. After that do a factory reset and select the option "Install zip from SD card". Choose your zip file and you're done. Wait a minute or two and when it's done, reboot your phone

Here's the original post on 4PDA: http://4pda.ru/forum...howtopic=217933

Here's the post on XDA Developers made by Joost: http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=927379

Edited by fdespotovski

Here are some screenshots:

01-1.png02-1.png03-1.png04-1.png05-1.png06-1.png07-1.png08-1.png09-1.png10-1.png11.png12-1.png13.png14.png15-1.png16-1.pngCAP2011060412591.jpgCAP201106061119.jpg

Edited by fdespotovski

Some tips for using this ROM

1. How to calibrate your battery

Edy4sure, a member from XDA posted a tutorial about calibrating your battery. If you calibrate your battery, the battery life will improve. Here's the tutorial:

Originally Posted by edy4sure

Battery Issues Fix

For all those having battery issues, I have been following all the comments & tips about it on this forum & I have been doing some experimenting over the last few months. And finally I have a working solution which has been working for me (see screenshot of my phone), it's been working now for 53hrs now & still at 45%. And I have been using the wireless at btw 4-6hrs per day & some long calls.

Here's what to do:

1. Drain your battery totally, put it on & off until it's totally drained (screen refuses to come on)

2. Charge it over night (a good 4-6 hours). It might also be good to unplug and re-plug a couple of times if it reaches 100% prematurely.

3. Once the specified time has elapsed, without unplugging the phone from charge, go into (clockwork) recovery (from your reboot screen), go to advanced and, wipe your battery stats, then reboot. Once you click reboot, unplug your phone. And that's it!

Things to note: you must have one of the newer versions(versions 3+) of clockwork to go into recovery from full charge. I hope this is helpful & compliments Mur4ik great work & Joost's wonderful thread :unsure:

2. How to install Android 2.3 with fastboot method

Here's a full video tutorial about installing this or any other ROM with the fastboot method. The tutorial is made by me. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx-wDHID0ow

3. How to optimize your phone for better multitasking and more RAM

Angemon10 has posted a brilliant tutorial for optimizing your phone for better multitasking. You also get more RAM memory available. Check it out:

Download Auto Memory Manager from Market.

Set to default settings. Mur4ik put mild and that causes problems for multitasking (good thing is apps faster start).

If default is not good enough (like for me), put settings to 6-8-12-18-20-20. That should solve problems .

More tips will be added soon!

Edited by fdespotovski

Posted · Report post

Now you can post something, if you want. :unsure:

The screenshots have been added!

Edited by fdespotovski

Posted · Report post

Hi All

I got this rom from XDA a couple days ago, and I gotta say it RULES. Well worth installing, I'd do a fresh install to be safe, and I used clockworkmod 2.something or other.

Posted · Report post

- Changelog?

- Is SMS receiving fixed in this version?

- Is Email application finally added in this version?

Posted · Report post

- Changelog?

- Is SMS receiving fixed in this version?

- Is Email application finally added in this version?

SMS receiving works.However,the Email app isn't added in this version.

Does zooming with the volume buttons in camera work in this version? As it used to force close in all the other versions.

And some of the profiles/writing being in russian? And are more of the locales there, in the language and keyboard settings, for example English UK?

Also does the gallery work in this version, or does it still show "there are no items in your collection"

Edited by new123

Posted · Report post

Does zooming with the volume buttons in camera work in this version? As it used to force close in all the other versions.

And some of the profiles/writing being in russian? And are more of the locales there, in the language and keyboard settings, for example English UK?

Also does the gallery work in this version, or does it still show "there are no items in your collection"

I didn't have a problem with the gallery.I don't know about the zooming but I know that there are many languages.

Posted · Report post

SMS receiving works.However,the Email app isn't added in this version.

Thanks for the answer. Upgrading is nonsense then.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the answer. Upgrading is nonsense then.

You also have big performance improvements in this release.

Posted · Report post

Can someone tell me how to put new themes in THEME CHOOSER

Posted · Report post

Can someone tell me how to put new themes in THEME CHOOSER

You can download them from the market. Just type cm7 theme and they will appear.

Темите можеш да ги симнеш од Андроид Маркет. Само напиши "CM7 theme" и ке ги најдеш.

You can download them from the market. Just type cm7 theme and they will appear.

Темите можеш да ги симнеш од Андроид Маркет. Само напиши "CM7 theme" и ке ги најдеш.

there is no market? in 2.3.4 LOL

Well i am mistaken market downloaded after i connected to the wifi :unsure:

Edited by mixlis

Posted · Report post

Can you manually select the network operator?

Posted · Report post

Can you manually select the network operator?

I'm not sure but I think there's an option for that in the settings menu.

Just installed it. Eerything seems to work fine. Lets see how long my battery will last.

Edit: Ok the Look and feel are great. The keyboard is not my thing (maybe it needs calibration, but i cant find that). The Profiles are all in russian. The next thing im missing is the "resend text message" function. Batterylife is not satisfying, I will fully charge it as it says in the cyanogenmod wiki and then wipe the battery stats in clockworkmod recovery.

Edit2: I noticed this yesterday too but just remembered: In the notification bar the toggles for WiFi, vibrate, GPS and Bluetooth are missing. Is this just theme specific or am I missing something?

Edited by 56k_Rockstar

Posted · Report post

thanks for making this i no longer have an optimus i have an xperia play :unsure: ill liknk this to my thread

Posted · Report post

thanks for making this i no longer have an optimus i have an xperia play :unsure: ill liknk this to my thread

No problem. :)

Posted · Report post

Just installed this just few problem.

1 can the keyboard be changed

2 I only have one home selection

3 where do you get other themes from

Just installed this just few problem.

1 can the keyboard be changed

2 I only have one home selection

3 where do you get other themes from

1: Yes it can, you just need to install another keyboard application. -- I use the LG IME Keyboard (Not provided by default and not really that easy to find, but the best I've used for this device)

2: Again, you need to download another Launcher Application to have more than one selection... I use ADW Launcher EX (Paid version).

3: The market just search for "CM7 Theme"

Hope this helps.

Edited by Stephen J. Knill

Posted · Report post

Hi thanks for the advice will try find the keyboard next

i have found one problem so far the buttonfor volume wifi gps and Bluetooth are missing from the drop down part.

apart from that everything seems to be running good.

Can the start up logo be changed?

thanks

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I have a question before trying it. I use my phone a lot to watch movies and tv shows... however it says that the hardware divx aceleration is not working on this version: can you play divx anyway by installing something like MoboPlayer? It is not too slow?

Thanks!

Posted · Report post

Has anyone got N64oid to work with this rom? (or with any other rom?)