[ROM] Android 2.3.4 | Swiftdroid 2.0 RC0 | Cyanogenmod 7.1.0 RC0 | Mur4ik

Guest fdespotovski

Guest Stephen J. Knill
Hi,

I have a question before trying it. I use my phone a lot to watch movies and tv shows... however it says that the hardware divx aceleration is not working on this version: can you play divx anyway by installing something like MoboPlayer? It is not too slow?

Thanks!

Yes it can, as long as you use a program with the decoder for it (Hardware decoding doesn't work, so it can't work in native player is all), something like RockPlayer will do the trick.

It may be a bit slow to play full detail vids, so you may need to re-code them into a smaller format more appropriate to this device. (You can use something like "Internet Video Converter" for that, you can also over-clock the CPU using the CyanogenMod menu in Settings (and change the governor to performance)... however this does contain some risk and should be used with extreme caution)

All Apps refereed to above can be found easily, and downloaded free of charge.

Guest Stephen J. Knill
Hi thanks for the advice will try find the keyboard next

i have found one problem so far the buttonfor volume wifi gps and Bluetooth are missing from the drop down part.

apart from that everything seems to be running good.

Can the start up logo be changed?

thanks

The Notification "Power Widget" will vanish when you change the theme, and re-appear once you reboot. So it's probably showing for you now... if it still doesn't show after reboot, post again. :-)

Which part of the "logo" did you want to change? The initial LG one is internal and can't be edited (well... the extent you'd have to goto to do it; you'd be getting paid enough just to buy a new one instead), the SwiftDroid Icon is part of the Ramdisk which is embedded into the boot.img file can be edited but this will require some research on your end asto how to extract boot ramdisk... uncompress, re-compress and then re-combine with the kernel (Can be daunting for some less experienced users) -- If you decide to attempt this, make sure you do a FULL system backup before hand ;-)

If you mean the Android boot animation, yes this can be changed very easily... I'd suggest searching the market for "boot animation changer" the lite version will provide a few free alternatives. (For a custom boot, it is possible but you'll be needing to do a bit more research there too)

Guest liamwilli2
All credits go to Mur4ik

I draw your attention that this firmware, as CyanogenMod 7, as the Android 2.3 is still under active development.

By giving all that is laid out here is considered experimental, use a daily personal matter. Benefit you have enough alternatives.

Whatever youhttp://www.cyanogenmod.com/wp-content/themes/cyanogenmod/images/btn-getcyanogen.png do, do at your own risk and no responsibility for your actions, I am not. And none of you do not owe anything.

I'm proud to present the latest version of Mur4ik's work: SwiftDroid 2.0 M4! :) Finally, I was able to grab some screenshots from my brother's optimus. You can see them in the post below. :unsure:

What works:

-Sensors

-Accelerometer

-Compass

-2D

-3D

-WiFi

-GSM

-GPS

-aGPS

-Bluetooth

-Camera with Autofocus and zoom

-SD Card

-Partitioned SD Cards work as well

-Haptic feedback

-Touch screen

-FM Radio (You can download a RDS fm radio from the market and it will work as well)

-Root

-Busybox

-Wired headphones

-Backlight

What doesn't work

-Wireless headsets

-DivX and Xvid

-Flash(Only flash lite) - There will never be full flash!

It's recommended that you use ClockworkMod recovery 3+ with this ROM

Latest version: SwiftDroid 2.0 M4, Android 2.3.4

Links

Fastboot: http://fileshare.in.ua/4477460

Recovery: http://fileshare.in.ua/4477464

Other versions:

SwiftDroid 2.0 M3

Links:

Fastboot: http://narod.yandex.ru/disk/11292226001/Sw...fastboot_M3.zip

Recovery: http://narod.yandex.ru/disk/11284983001/Sw...recovery_M3.zip

SwiftDroid 2.0 M2

Links:

Fastboot: http://narod.yandex.ru/disk/10929834001/Sw...fastboot_M2.zip

Recovery: http://narod.yandex.ru/disk/10930021001/up...R4IK-signed.zip

Older versions will be added soon.

Installation

Fastboot:

fastboot -w

fastboot erase system

fastboot erase boot

fastboot flash system system.img

fastboot flash boot boot.img

fastboot reboot

Here's the original post on 4PDA: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=217933

Here's the post on XDA Developers made by Joost: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=927379

Right, it's really good and I like it, but I am experiencing major ram issues. My swype input method has been killed off a number of times, and my music programs have been being killed off 3 seconds after closing the UI, I only have the 3g watchdog pro app running. When I go into running apps, there are only about 7 in there, but I have no ram left. I am also using GO launcher EX for my home app. Is this issue a bug, or am I missing something here? Any help appreciated!

Guest Ernoke
Right, it's really good and I like it, but I am experiencing major ram issues. My swype input method has been killed off a number of times, and my music programs have been being killed off 3 seconds after closing the UI, I only have the 3g watchdog pro app running. When I go into running apps, there are only about 7 in there, but I have no ram left. I am also using GO launcher EX for my home app. Is this issue a bug, or am I missing something here? Any help appreciated!

I am using GO Launcher EX as well, and and I can confirm that its being killed very often. I didnt experience other issues you mentioned.

Anyway: battery usage is WAY more better in this M4 than any previous versions...

Guest fdespotovski

Yeah,I also have very little ram memory avaliable. When I was on Joestone's rom I had more ram.

Guest 56k_Rockstar
Anyway: battery usage is WAY more better in this M4 than any previous versions...

I think the battery life is bad. mine mow lastes 3 days. Before (2.1European Open) it were 5days. Significant is the drain goes very rapid from 100% to 25%. Then its holds this value for a long time (1.5 days) in my case.

I swiped my battery stats when it was @ 100%, rebootet and my battery was at 95%. strange. But anyway it could be worse.

So the Bugs I encountered were:

-Proflies are still in russian Language-> I translated them or deleted them and created new ones

-in the Dev Tools the Glaxy & Gras tests dont work and the app crashes

-the buttons for WiFi, Bluetoth, GPS and 2G/3G vanish when you change the theme->reboot the phone

Another Bug I have since 1.6 is when I dont have reception or foreign providers (normal is Vodafone.de, when I'm at home its sometimes O2.cz) the phone freezes over night and I have to pull out the battery for a short time + reboot. But that is not related to 2.3.4 . I will build a Log-App to see when and why this occurs.

Guest Stephen J. Knill
I think the battery life is bad. mine mow lastes 3 days. Before (2.1European Open) it were 5days. Significant is the drain goes very rapid from 100% to 25%. Then its holds this value for a long time (1.5 days) in my case.

I swiped my battery stats when it was @ 100%, rebootet and my battery was at 95%. strange. But anyway it could be worse.

So the Bugs I encountered were:

-Proflies are still in russian Language-> I translated them or deleted them and created new ones

-in the Dev Tools the Glaxy & Gras tests dont work and the app crashes

-the buttons for WiFi, Bluetoth, GPS and 2G/3G vanish when you change the theme->reboot the phone

Another Bug I have since 1.6 is when I dont have reception or foreign providers (normal is Vodafone.de, when I'm at home its sometimes O2.cz) the phone freezes over night and I have to pull out the battery for a short time + reboot. But that is not related to 2.3.4 . I will build a Log-App to see when and why this occurs.

Turning off the USB Debugging when it's not needed will have a noticeable impact on battery life, I get an extra 2 days with it turned off. (Never thought it used that much juice... lol)

Profiles are in Russian due to the build.prop file in system folder being set to Russian; variables for English default are shown below.

In /system/build.prop

"ro.product.locale.language=en"

"ro.product.locale.region=AU" <-- Change this to your country code if you wish.

The theme "issue" is just a bit of a glitch with having the themes set via APK instead of embedding themselves directly into the system (it is done via APK to prevent the need of root access).

As for the tools, they just weren't made for the GT540 and really should have been removed from this ported version.

If you uninstall the Android default keyboard you will find a sizable amount of extra free RAM, it's too "bulky" for a low memory device.

----------------------

I am currently in the process of creating a more usable port of this ROM (which I am basing off this one, since the bulk has already been done here.). I have already created an update.zip file containing the LG IME keyboard for this device (since I find it far more usable than any other... especially the default Android one, and the GO one is just too laggy) -- I'll get around to uploading it soon ;-)

If anyone is interested in giving it a test in a few days, pop me a message on here and I'll send you the link when I feel it's ready for more wide testing. (I'm currently giving it bit of a bash test to check stability).

Few additional features will include:

Default language set to English, so all prompts and profiles will be displayed in English. (instead of having a bit of a mix n' match as we have now)

Re-integration of boot sound. (droid boot sound included, with the option of using a personal mp3 placed as "/data/local/PowerOn.mp3")

Default to EXT4 support for SD-ext partition (as the new clockwork mod partitions into ext4, therefore having a ext3 default mount is redundant).

Removal of the Tool packs as they are not intended for the GT540, and as such I don't believe it's entirely safe to leave them in place.

(And I'd prefer that "my" ROM be safe for all user levels -- by "my" I mean the one I've modified lol)

Replacement of the Android Keyboard with the LG IME one.

And a few other minor tweaks to improve stability and performance.

Edited by Stephen J. Knill

Guest Ernoke

hehe, earlier i never had longer battery life than 1.5 days with these openswift roms.

Guest fdespotovski
hehe, earlier i never had longer battery life than 1.5 days with these openswift roms.

Strange, I had a great battery life with openswift roms.

Guest Stephen J. Knill
I am currently in the process of creating a more usable port of this ROM (which I am basing off this one, since the bulk has already been done here.). I have already created an update.zip file containing the LG IME keyboard for this device (since I find it far more usable than any other... especially the default Android one, and the GO one is just too laggy) -- I'll get around to uploading it soon ;-)

If anyone is interested in giving it a test in a few days, pop me a message on here and I'll send you the link when I feel it's ready for more wide testing. (I'm currently giving it bit of a bash test to check stability).

Few additional features will include:

Default language set to English, so all prompts and profiles will be displayed in English. (instead of having a bit of a mix n' match as we have now)

Re-integration of boot sound. (droid boot sound included, with the option of using a personal mp3 placed as "/data/local/PowerOn.mp3")

Default to EXT4 support for SD-ext partition (as the new clockwork mod partitions into ext4, therefore having a ext3 default mount is redundant).

Removal of the Tool packs as they are not intended for the GT540, and as such I don't believe it's entirely safe to leave them in place.

(And I'd prefer that "my" ROM be safe for all user levels -- by "my" I mean the one I've modified lol)

Replacement of the Android Keyboard with the LG IME one.

And a few other minor tweaks to improve stability and performance.

"My" SwiftDroid Re-Deployment Update ZIP can be found here.

"My" SwiftDroid Clockworkmod Backup/Restore ZIP can be found here.

"My" LG IME Keyboard for SwiftDroiod M4.X Re-Deployment can be found here. <-- Fixed for newer Android... oopsies, my bad lol

Guest NilsB

I'm not sure I understand this. My LG gt540 is running the LG distributed V20b update. That's the Android 2.1 update released late 2010.

The 2.1 is running kernel 2.6.29.

If I google "Android 2.3 kernel" the response is that the kernel version should be 2.6.35 something.

So how come this homebrew Android 2.3 is running kernel 2.6.29, just like my android 2.1?

Guest fdespotovski
Hi!

How can I install the LG IME keyboard, I have the Swiftdroid 2.3.4 Cyanogenmod installed.

Thank You.

Hugo.

Fishears from XDA knows. If you have an account then ask him. I would like to help but I also don't know how to install the lg ime. Sorry.

Guest Stephen J. Knill
Hi!

How can I install the LG IME keyboard, I have the Swiftdroid 2.3.4 Cyanogenmod installed.

Thank You.

Hugo.

Just download the zip file for the LG IME Keyboard I've posted above, copy it to your SDcard (anywhere is fine, but preferably the root of sdcard so it's easy to find). -- This file will work for almost any Android 2.3 system.

And just re-boot into Clockworkmod Recovery -> Select Zip -> locate and install the downloaded zip file. This update does not replace any of the basic functions (user data and cache are left intact also, the keyboard is initialized upon reboot.)... all it does is install the keyboard files into the needed locations, once this is done you can reboot and just change the Input Method to LG IME. The default Android Keyboard will remain, so it can still be re-activated as default latter if you so choose.

Guest hugocarmo

Hi!

Thank You for your answer.

But I did this before posting my doudbt. I have Clockwork Version 3.0.2.4 and it cant install. The message when I choose the zip is this:

"Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported.

Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5.

It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the ClockworkMod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery.

Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages.

Installation aborted."

Thank You anyway :P

Just download the zip file for the LG IME Keyboard I've posted above, copy it to your SDcard (anywhere is fine, but preferably the root of sdcard so it's easy to find). -- This file will work for almost any Android 2.3 system.

And just re-boot into Clockworkmod Recovery -> Select Zip -> locate and install the downloaded zip file. This update does not replace any of the basic functions (user data and cache are left intact also, the keyboard is initialized upon reboot.)... all it does is install the keyboard files into the needed locations, once this is done you can reboot and just change the Input Method to LG IME. The default Android Keyboard will remain, so it can still be re-activated as default latter if you so choose.

Guest fdespotovski
Hi!

But I did this before posting my doudbt. I have Clockwork Version 3.0.2.4 and it cant install. The message when I choose the zip is this:

It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the ClockworkMod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery.

Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages.

Installation aborted."

Use clockwork 2.5.1.8

Guest Stephen J. Knill
Hi!

Installation aborted."

Dearie me... I should have given that a bit more testing, I have corrected the problem and re-uploaded the file.

Please try downloading again from the link in my post above, I have made a minor change in file name so link in quotes is now invalid.

Many apologizes for the inconvenience, and thank you for brining it to my attention in such a speedy manner :rolleyes:

Guest Stephen J. Knill
Use clockwork 2.5.1.8

That would work yes, but I'd prefer not to force people to downgrade... so the scripting has been updated. (And yes, I checked it properly this time :P )

Guest fdespotovski
That would work yes, but I'd prefer not to force people to downgrade... so the scripting has been updated. (And yes, I checked it properly this time :P )

Ok.

Guest zigma80

Hi ..

I have installed this Swift Droid Mod yesterday and it works perfect. Haven't found any bugs except that I wonder if there is any chance to increase sound volume in speaker phone during call, just need a little bit higher (louder).

Thanks

Guest hugocarmo

Worked like a charm!!

Thank You!!

Hugo.

Guest 56k_Rockstar

Good job Steven on the LG IME port. Works great and the installation via ClockworkMod Recovery works great!

Thx.

Guest fdespotovski
swiftdroid M4 autokills background apps especially browser

Yeah,that's because there's only a little ram avaliable.I don't know why,but it looks like the system is consuming more ram than the other roms for the lg gt540.

Guest Ernoke

i am quite sure this is another rom issue: after i couldnt update angry birds rio, i uninstalled the app and now cant even install it anymore...

using market as source. after downloading... it disappears like nothing happened. no error message is displayed either.

:P((