[ROM] Android 2.3.4 | Swiftdroid 2.0 RC0 | Cyanogenmod 7.1.0 RC0 | Mur4ik

Guest fdespotovski

Guest fdespotovski
i am quite sure this is another rom issue: after i couldnt update angry birds rio, i uninstalled the app and now cant even install it anymore...

using market as source. after downloading... it disappears like nothing happened. no error message is displayed either.

:P((

I also have this bug,but not with Angry Birds.It may happen with every other app.

Guest Stephen J. Knill
I also have this bug,but not with Angry Birds.It may happen with every other app.

This is often caused by a file within the "/sdcard/.android_secure" folder and can happen with any application, remove the folder and try again (that's one of the issues I addressed in my modifications). -- Or better yet, do a reset.

You should always do a Factory Reset when updating the Android version, simply to help prevent errors such as this. (My modifications force this, it's not optional since the system will not be fully stable until it's done)

Edited by Stephen J. Knill

Guest Ernoke
This is often caused by a file within the "/sdcard/.android_secure" folder and can happen with any application, remove the folder and try again (that's one of the issues I addressed in my modifications). -- Or better yet, do a reset.

You should always do a Factory Reset when updating the Android version, simply to help prevent errors such as this. (My modifications force this, it's not optional since the system will not be fully stable until it's done)

Damn, then there is no sense to install to SD card the native way.

Thanks fo the answer.

Guest Ernoke
Damn, then there is no sense to install to SD card the native way.

Thanks fo the answer.

I just wiped .android_secure and I still cant install Angry Birds, same issue as described above.

Guest Stephen J. Knill
I just wiped .android_secure and I still cant install Angry Birds, same issue as described above.

Which mod are you using, I presume the original posted at the beginning on this topic? - And did you do a factory/data reset to have a clean install?

Can you try and install an application via adb, and quote the error response on here to help narrow down the cause of this error. -- Using "adb install c:\path\to\application.apk"

--------------------------

As for linking applications to SD the native way... well honestly, it totally sucks!! I've installed a few (like 8 > 10mb) games on my V9 (16GB Class 6 Card) using the native method and I rapidly ran out of space still, seems it only uses SDcard for fragments of the application not the whole thing so space will still run short pretty fast using this method. Not to mention, it's done in such a nasty nasty way really... it creates a "mount" for each application that is on the FAT of the SDcard instead of just the one mount used by other methods.

-- I still use Link2SD with a EXT4 partition on my SDcard (another good option is using a data2ext which uses the ext partition on SDcard as the /data mount, both options are embedded into my modifications. Yer, I need to make a post soon describing what I've changed with my re-deployment).

Please note: If you intend to try my re-deployment you MUST backup all contacts/data you wish to keep onto the FAT partition of your SDcard, as my scripts will wipe everything in the system sections to preform a clean installation. (This does not apply to the LG IME Keyboard, or the BootSound updates)

Guest Ernoke
Which mod are you using, I presume the original posted at the beginning on this topic? - And did you do a factory/data reset to have a clean install?

Can you try and install an application via adb, and quote the error response on here to help narrow down the cause of this error. -- Using "adb install c:\path\to\application.apk"

Well, i have this latest M4 stuff linked in the starter post, i didnt install any of your redeployment stuffs.

As of installing, I always use the clockworkmod recovery update zip files, as they provide the easiest way for upgrading, I never did any factory resets or such, as reinstalling all the apps and do their settings again is pain in the ass.

I have already tried titanium and mybackup root, but they are not reliable enough, many apps need their settings retweaked by hand again. I dont prefer it.

Guest Ernoke
Well, i have this latest M4 stuff linked in the starter post, i didnt install any of your redeployment stuffs.

As of installing, I always use the clockworkmod recovery update zip files, as they provide the easiest way for upgrading, I never did any factory resets or such, as reinstalling all the apps and do their settings again is pain in the ass.

I have already tried titanium and mybackup root, but they are not reliable enough, many apps need their settings retweaked by hand again. I dont prefer it.

Ahm, and the more important part of the answer... well, i dont have angry birds apk (are there any ways to fetch apk files from market?) and i dont know any other apps currenlty which i cannot install from market. And also, i dont think its the problem with installing, as it fails right after it would start downloading not at the point when it would try to install the file...

Guest Ernoke

And btw, I cant believe the email application is still missing, this is basicly the most important part of smartphones dont you guys miss it?

Guest Stephen J. Knill

Should always do a reset when changing to different versions, as the old cache/data files from previous versions can often be left and can cause re-occurring problems... this is part of the reason I have modified the update code to force a clean wipe before it installs.

Ahm, and the more important part of the answer... well, i dont have angry birds apk (are there any ways to fetch apk files from market?) and i dont know any other apps currenlty which i cannot install from market. And also, i dont think its the problem with installing, as it fails right after it would start downloading not at the point when it would try to install the file...

Erm... not too sure on that, something I'll have to look into. In the meantime you are welcome to download it from my home server --LINK SENT VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE-- (only got a 90k upload speed tho)

Added: Most likely reason it stops as soon as it starts, is that it's already been downloaded onto your device and is still in the /cache partition (it will use that copy instead of re-downloading it)... As far as I know, there is no major issue with downloading.

And btw, I cant believe the email application is still missing, this is basicly the most important part of smartphones dont you guys miss it?

Yes I noticed this, makes it hard to check my home voice mail (which is delivered by email) without it... I'll be adding it into Revision 2 of my re-deployment. (And yes, I'll be making a separate update file for those of you who don't want to update anything else as I did with the LG IME Keyboard and Bootsound)

EDIT: Ok, I won't keep you waiting for this one... Email Application is now available for Swiftdroid 2.0 M4.x (ClockworkMod update.zip, will work on all Android 2.3.4 ROMS)

Edited by Stephen J. Knill

Guest Stephen J. Knill
thanks for your quick help, but it seems the update is broken, winrar displays "unexpected end of archive" at opening, recovery 3.1.0.9 says "bad".

file size is 977.740 bytes.

Hmmz, seems there was a problem in the upload for some reason (possibly due to the lovely storm kicking over here).

I have re-uploaded the file and verified it's integrity, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Guest Ernoke
Hmmz, seems there was a problem in the upload for some reason (possibly due to the lovely storm kicking over here).

I have re-uploaded the file and verified it's integrity, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Thanks Stephen, it works fine!

Guest Vasa M

I`m thinking about upgrading to 2.3.4 by Mur4ik, and have some misgivings.

My current rom is stock 2.1. Is it safe to install 2.1 with fastboot, add recovery 3.0 and than flash to 2.3.4 rom through recovery?

I`m asking because I read that it must be done by first upgrading to 2.2 and than to 2.3.4 and also that it is recommended to be done using fasbtoot method.

Guest ilovelg
I`m thinking about upgrading to 2.3.4 by Mur4ik, and have some misgivings.

My current rom is stock 2.1. Is it safe to install 2.1 with fastboot, add recovery 3.0 and than flash to 2.3.4 rom through recovery?

I`m asking because I read that it must be done by first upgrading to 2.2 and than to 2.3.4 and also that it is recommended to be done using fasbtoot method.

You dont have to update to 2.2 at all :P i suggest you to flash rom through fastboot :rolleyes: Trust me its less complicated and couses no problems, couse sometimes u are unable to flash the rom through recovery, fastboot method is really easy and works like a charm.

Guest mixlis

It seems that swiftdroid 2.0 M4 Is autokilling background apps.Especially browser.

When i check taskkiller it shows always 50 mb free memory , which actually this is VERY very bad.

android doesnot work like this way. Phone has already low ram (256mb) i dont wanna have minus 50.

Instead of using virtual memory for storing running applications at rom.

The guys at cyanogen mod should be really understand what it means preserved memory ready for use.

Guest fdespotovski
It seems that swiftdroid 2.0 M4 Is autokilling background apps.Especially browser.

When i check taskkiller it shows always 50 mb free memory , which actually this is VERY very bad.

android doesnot work like this way. Phone has already low ram (256mb) i dont wanna have minus 50.

Instead of using virtual memory for storing running applications at rom.

The guys at cyanogen mod should be really understand what it means preserved memory ready for use.

For some reasons,this ROM uses too much memory.Maybe your task killer shows 50mb free,but go to settings/applications/running services and you will see that you have even less RAM available.On the other hand,Joestone's clean 2.3.2 uses much less RAM memory.

Guest mixlis
For some reasons,this ROM uses too much memory.Maybe your task killer shows 50mb free,but go to settings/applications/running services and you will see that you have even less RAM available.On the other hand,Joestone's clean 2.3.2 uses much less RAM memory.

unistaling this f v c k ing mod

Edited by mixlis

Guest Ernoke
unistaling this f v c k ing mod

nice way showing your respect to other peoples hard work :P

Anyway, openswift m4 shows lots of logcat messages like this:

05-25 12:11:32.810: INFO/ActivityManager(1288): Process android.process.acore (pid 12754) has died.

05-25 12:11:32.810: INFO/ActivityManager(1288): Low Memory: No more background processes.

Guest ilovelg

Downloading at the moment, will test it as fast as possible :P

Edit: Well its little faster, more options from CM, connection via USB works better now the CM Wallpapers menu are back and some more minor stuff :rolleyes: Awesome

Edited by ilovelg