[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest tdmanutd

good gracious!

2 days ago i was so sad when i see acer iconia promo in here (tegra with HC) with just 30$ difference with the vega (i just have my vega for a week).

now this make me happy again! :unsure:

thank you very much Corvus and Newbe5!

Guest tony barnes

Bloody hell guys, that was speedy !! Nice work :unsure:

Will need to keep checking in for when WiFi is fixed, as I can't use mine a great deal without.

Video looks smooth as a nut - can't wait!

Guest Melted

Can this rom be rooted?

I want to try some apps and would be very handy to be able to use titanium backup... just for testing purposes :unsure:

Guest bigsman

Great great work guys and mega quick as well...very impressive!!

Also tempted to give it a whirl but quite new to all this so think I'll wait for wi-fi since my Vega is pretty much working as I'd want it to for now. Keep it going though brilliant work and much appreciated !!

Guest danb79
having problems installing.......... in recovery ......... double click windows recovery file and hit run..... boots up cmd but only for a second, dont have time to even read it

any help much appreciated

i had a similar problem, turn out that on my xp pc the usb driver didnt install propery device manager said "device cannot start" so i tried with the wifes vista lappy and it worked????

Guest spacecadetuk

I was going to wait for a more refined ROM before i took the plunge but i just couldn't resist, just tried it out and i have to say very impressed with how smooth if feels and how well it runs, awesome work guys, thanks and thanks thrice :unsure:

Guest cjtkd

What I can't get my head around is how quickly they have gotten on top of things - really quite an amazing job! Makes you wonder what the advent white coats are doing, purhaps waiting on the suits to dot the I's and cross the T's?

Guest Vansphone
I was going to wait for a more refined ROM before i took the plunge but i just couldn't resist, just tried it out and i have to say very impressed with how smooth if feels and how well it runs, awesome work guys, thanks and thanks thrice :unsure:

In a fit of excitement I downloaded the ROM but I have decided to wait until WiFi is working.

Guest moghm

great job, picking my vega up tonight but may give it a few days until i flash hc on to it. So, what would the difference be between what is being done here and an open source release for honeycomb ? just curious

Guest bhargav27

Extremely confused now. Last night after trying around 7 times to flash with all the options suggested kindly by members here it would not flash the hc rom. Now today I am helping a colleague put Corvus rom on his brand new vega (that he bought on my recommendation), I thought I would try the hc rom first and it worked after the first flash! The key difference between two devices was that his tablet restarted straight after the flash process, where mine hanged with nvrom text thing on screen.

The other thing I had observed yesterday was that even the CM7 build did not work on my machine. Do I need to wipe it somehow (I'd done a full wipe, and dalvik cache in CWM before trying the CM7 build).

Anyway, hope someone can throw some light on my problem as I'd definitely like to have HC when it finally comes out (promise to buy beer to the devs as well :unsure: )!

Edited by bhargav27

Guest dagrim1
In a fit of excitement I downloaded the ROM but I have decided to wait until WiFi is working.

Hehe, was my first intention as well and now I'm just too curious and will flash it anyway... Can always go back to my current state so that's no issue.

Guest bewA

Just tried this!

its awesome! nice and fast! yea its pretty much useless without wifi but hey! as a proof of concept! it really is very smooth!!!

it was a piece of p*ss to do, got into black screen recovery, ran batch file, booted up :)

130mb free too but no SD card but i'm just going to do a reboot to see if that makes a difference :unsure:

Guest Tony Williams
Just tried this!

its awesome! nice and fast! yea its pretty much useless without wifi but hey! as a proof of concept! it really is very smooth!!!

it was a piece of p*ss to do, got into black screen recovery, ran batch file, booted up :)

130mb free too but no SD card but i'm just going to do a reboot to see if that makes a difference :unsure:

Not entirely useless without wifi as apps can be pushed to the device using ADB so providing you have a copy of the appropriate .APK you can try them out.

Re the sd card apparently removing it and re-inserting it again gets it mounted.

Was really impressed with how well the ROM worked to be honest, smooth and fast.

Guest RicardoP

Must resist the urge! Must resist... :unsure:

Oh how weak I am... Tried it and I cat believe how smooth it is. Played with a XOOM at Gatwick airport a few week ago and it didn't seem so fast.

Cant wait for a more stable release. For now I'm back to Corvus5

A few beers coming your way

Guest dbaseii
Must resist the urge! Must resist... :unsure:

Oh how weak I am... Tried it and I cat believe how smooth it is. Played with a XOOM at Gatwick airport a few week ago and it didn't seem so fast.

Cant wait for a more stable release. For now I'm back to Corvus5

A few beers coming your way

Really stressing me out this. I want to try it so bad. But I'll wait a bit longer.

Thanks for the hard work guys

Guest gary.brain

Hi, just done the same, simple install no problems. Guys at work all crowded round to have a look.

This is why I bought my vega.

Guest bewA
Not entirely useless without wifi as apps can be pushed to the device using ADB so providing you have a copy of the appropriate .APK you can try them out.

Re the sd card apparently removing it and re-inserting it again gets it mounted.

Was really impressed with how well the ROM worked to be honest, smooth and fast.

ahh ok I didn't try that. I've rolled back to the stock rom & i'm about to reinstall CWM so i can restore C5!

As soon as this has wifi, market i think i'll just use it! :unsure:

Guest simonta
Really stressing me out this. I want to try it so bad. But I'll wait a bit longer.

Thanks for the hard work guys

What problem(s) are you having?

Couldn't resist it, so I installed and tried it. It works great and is really smooth! Will have lots of free time the next couple of weeks so if something needs to be tested I gladly will be a volunteer :unsure:

Edit: Only con is that the three buttons in the lower left are very hard to press. Is this just my tablet and a bad screen calibration or do all of you have this problem?

Edited by C_G

Guest owenoliver1

What have people found to be working I push apps and they don't seem to load at all i get a lot of force closes even trying to open up the browser is this just me?

Guest partner2
Couldn't resist it, so I installed and tried it. It works great and is really smooth! Will have lots of free time the next couple of weeks so if something needs to be tested I gladly will be a volunteer :unsure:

Edit: Only con is that the three buttons in the lower left are very hard to press. Is this just my tablet and a bad screen calibration or do all of you have this problem?

i had no problems with the soft buttons...

i had no problems with the soft buttons...

Probably because I own an old version of the PoV Mobii :unsure:

Maybe a calibration will help...