[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest SeiferTV
There is no Android version of OpenOffice; search the market for alternatives (such as Quick Office).

Quick office, sorry, that's what I meant.

Is it working on VC 1.7?

Also, Is perfect viewer working on this?

Would appreciate if someone tries it.

Guest WWEpsp
Quick office, sorry, that's what I meant.

Is it working on VC 1.7?

Also, Is perfect viewer working on this?

Would appreciate if someone tries it.

Quick Office works but you cant browse from the app, you have to look for the document on file manager then open it with quick word, or quick excel...

Guest SWOriginal
Quick Office works but you cant browse from the app, you have to look for the document on file manager then open it with quick word, or quick excel...

Quick office (phone version) & quick office HD (honeycomb tablet version) both work perfectly for me? , I don't need to use a seperate file browser to open a document? ..

Edited by SWOriginal

Guest SWOriginal

Anyone's market showing in a foreign language?.. search for skype & quick office HD and both the descriptions are a different language

Guest Monleyfish
Anyone's market showing in a foreign language?.. search for skype & quick office HD and both the descriptions are a different language

Yes mine is, but it seems more intermittent after a reboot.

Sent this from VC 1.7 seems to be really good.

Only prob I've noticed so far apart from the foreign language is that when 4od or I player are maximised the sound plays but the screen goes blank sometimes. Annoying but no deal breaker.

Guest phil8715

I installed VegaComb 1.7 Beta last night via the modded stock rom. Here are my findings:

1. WIFI doesn't always auto connect

2. Had loads of Force Closes, nearly everything I did Force Closed.

3. Attempted to download from Market and it again kept Force closing.

4. Launcher almost every time Forced Closed.

I restored my apps via Titanium Backup and I wonder if this has caused the Force Closes.

However my partner ran hers without Titanium Backup but she still got the Force Closes.

Other than that it's a great looking rom.

Guest dibbles

I installed VegaComb 1.7 Beta last night via the modded stock rom. Here are my findings:

1. WIFI doesn't always auto connect

2. Had loads of Force Closes, nearly everything I did Force Closed.

3. Attempted to download from Market and it again kept Force closing.

4. Launcher almost every time Forced Closed.

I restored my apps via Titanium Backup and I wonder if this has caused the Force Closes.

However my partner ran hers without Titanium Backup but she still got the Force Closes.

Other than that it's a great looking rom.

With my wife's Vega I had to do a full wipe and fresh install as restoring from a Titanium backup would cause so many FC's. Since then it seems ok.

Mine too started to behave in such a way and I also found that the Wi-Fi would not auto connect more often than not. Rather than do a full wipe again and install I decided to install Corvus 5, SP1 and the Honeycomb theme. Along with ADW Launcher EX and their Honeycomb theme (and 120 DPI) I seem to have a good looking, fast and functional tablet. VegaComb is a superb ROM but I will stick with the Corvus bundle on mine for a little while :blink:

Restoring from a Titanium backup does not seem to go well with VC.

Edited by dibbles

Guest leemain88

has anybody managed to get the movie studio app working on vegacomb. i did try it on corvus5 but as its a honeycomb optimised app it did not run.

Edited by leemain88

Guest chaosss

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately didn't make any difference

No, still no solution.

However, I am now an expert at getting into NVFlash mode ;-)

For every installation I try I go back to the stock Advent Vega ROM before installing the ModdedROM needed for 1.7 (which by the works and the tablet boots etc. as per normal). It is just after I apply the update in CWM that all goes wrong.

An update.

I noticed an error when flashing the rom about being unable to mount /sd-ext (or something). Thought this might be the problem so I followed instructions to re-format the card but it made no difference. So i tried another card which I formatted when in the Device (using the standard unmount/format). This got rid of the error but still didn't allow me to boot after the flash.

Is their a boot log stored anywhere? (I suppose it would have to be on teh SD card given I can't access the device as it won't boot without restoring and therefore erasing everything).

Guest HypoTurtle

hi

can we add more languages to keyboard?or any keyboard for Vega to suggest?

thank you

hackers keyboard from the market is quite good and has several different languages or you could try thumb keyboard (if you want a split keyboard) or sign up for swype beta (languages limited at the minute but I believe they're working on it)

Guest xathras

People who are having force closure on launcher as soon as vegacomb starts, been happening to me so had a look and found that this may be caused by going into setting->applications, for example on opera mobile select move to usb storage, everything seems to go fine logcat says app moved to /mnt/asec/ and when you look in directory it is there and app works fine.

The problem is when you reboot/boot the vega the launcher has a problem binding apps and force closes then re-starts itself and everything is fine.

So if you have moved an app to "usb storage" then you will probably get launcher fc or if you have installed an app that installs to "/mnt/asec/" like samurai vengeance your launcher will force close.

Until a fix either don't move apps to "usb storage" or put up with the launcher fc on boot/reboot, or possibly use app2sd or link2sd (not tried them but they should not have this problem?).

This is what I have found to cause this but if someone else can verify, make sure you have no apps in usb storage (/mnt/asec) reboot/boot vega (should get no launcher fc) move an app to usb storage then reboot/boot vega (should get launcher fc)

Thank you so much for this very useful tip. I found 3 apps (Aldiko Premium, Adobe Reader and Pinball Deluxe) had installed to /mnt/asec. I did a "move to tablet" and then used link2sd to send them to the SDcard. All 3 apps work ok and the launcher no longer does a fc on startup (a major PITA).

Edited by xathras

Guest phil8715

I re-flashed my Vega with VegaComb 1.7 Beta, and didn't install Titanium Backup this time. I manually re-installed some apps fresh from the Market.

Everything is working fine with hardly any Force Closes, had a couple thats all and the launcher doesn't Force close either, also the WIFI auto connects 1st time everytime.

One thing I did notice though and that was when I installed Opera Mobile whenever I wanted to post on a forum the cursor went halfway down the page instead of to the top. But when I press submit it posted correctly at the top of the page.

Guest poynter64

Hi i have downloaded the moddedstock 1.10 but how do i install it because its not a zip file so when i go into recovery i cant select it. I have install vegacomb 1.6 already.

Any help would be great Many thanks

Luke

Edited by poynter64

Guest phil8715

Hi i have downloaded the moddedstock 1.10 but how do i install it because its not a zip file so when i go into recovery i cant select it. I have install vegacomb 1.6 already.

Any help would be great Many thanks

Luke

The easiest way to do it is via Audi. plug your Vega into your pc via USB also make sure it's plugged into the mains, boot it up as normal, when it's fully booted go to Settings >Applications> Development> USB debugging.

Switch off your Vega, launch Audi by right clicking and choosing Run as Administrator and choose install advent stock rom

Then Press the Back button for 2 seconds then with the back button still pressed, press the power button for 2 seconds, release the power button keeping the back button pressed for 2 seconds. Then release.

If it's gone into recovery correctly a green tick will appear in the system tray and the red box will turn green this means it has gone into recovery. Also the screen will be blank and black with no back light on.

Press close

Then go to where you installed the Modded stock rom and click on it and a dos command box will open and it will install it from there.

Edited by phil8715

Guest jegupi

Installed vegacomb 1.7 and it's working very nice thanks a lot. Galxy on fire game works far better than with corvus5 Rom with out loosing textures, also Miami Vindication HD also works bettter but in this one acelerometer dosen´t works. Haven't tested more games but this rom is going to be my faroutie one

Guest jevdroid

Alrighty, I gave VC1.7 a try on my PoV Mobii last weekend. Unfortunately, it FC's a lot of things. Retried flashing, still no good. Market worked for a few hours, than stopped working. WiFi drops connection often. But hey, it's beta'ish, looking forward to a stable version!

Guest Remington Steale

1.7 working well for me, ocassional force close on boot of the launcher (genarally seems to be when i have a network connection, havent seen it yet when I am in airplane mode on the underground).

Video finally plays without any noticeable lags with my usual avi files, although I do get the odd serious crash of the device where the video display breaks up into black and green lines and I get a high pitched screeching static in my ears until I do a forced power down with the power button. Plays again fine after rebooting so I dont think its corrupt video files. Using Mobo Player.

Got around the tinny music playback by installing power amp and setting it to extreme bass or some such setting (suggested by someone else on here, cant recall who but thanks anyway).

One more thing, Marvin the ZX Spectrum emulator no longer crashes immediately.

Okay, it displays a black screen for 10 seconds then crashes, but at least its progress.

Edited by Remington Steale

Guest rubbery

1.7 is looking very good. I have had that old 216 speed issue reappear but it soon goes. For some reason the new Virgin TV Guide app doesn't work and although the new honeycomb version of imdb works as you'd expect the videos don't play (but given the strides made with flash in opera it doesn't really matter).

Still can't believe how far this has come from the very first alpha. Great work and just hope newbe5 sticks with us vega owners as he is a star!

Guest BillyBobJoe

Alrighty, I gave VC1.7 a try on my PoV Mobii last weekend. Unfortunately, it FC's a lot of things. Retried flashing, still no good. Market worked for a few hours, than stopped working. WiFi drops connection often. But hey, it's beta'ish, looking forward to a stable version!

Have you installed a number of apps? You may find like me that you run out of room very quickly so need to move apps to the SD card. This too can cause a lot of FC's which is maybe overcome by using link2sd.

I have found the best results come when you have done a fresh install and load everything by hand.

Billy..

Edited by BillyBobJoe

Guest phil8715

Just watched a programme on ITV Player. Got to say how smooth it was, except when I paused it and resumed it the programme went out of sync, but I just paused it and resumed it again and it was fine all in sync.

Guest HypoTurtle

The problem is when you reboot/boot the vega the launcher has a problem binding apps and force closes then re-starts itself and everything is fine.

So if you have moved an app to "usb storage" then you will probably get launcher fc or if you have installed an app that installs to "/mnt/asec/" like samurai vengeance your launcher will force close.

Until a fix either don't move apps to "usb storage" or put up with the launcher fc on boot/reboot, or possibly use app2sd or link2sd (not tried them but they should not have this problem?).

This is what I have found to cause this but if someone else can verify, make sure you have no apps in usb storage (/mnt/asec) reboot/boot vega (should get no launcher fc) move an app to usb storage then reboot/boot vega (should get launcher fc)

Yea nice find, easily fixed with link2sd (not app2sd and similar apps (appkik for example) as all it does is indentifies apps that can be moved via settings -> applications). Perhaps not a VegaComb issue but a HC issue (can't confirm, could also be a misnaming issue), as I believe app2sd/moving apps to sd card in settings became more fully functional with GingerBread than Froyo, so perhaps 3.0.1 has a similar issue (may have been fixed with 3.1).

Guest poynter64

VEGACOMB 1.7???

Hi guys i have now installed the new modded stock ROM but now how do i install the 1.6 to 1.7 patch.

any help would be great cheers luke

Guest spacecadetuk

Just watched a programme on ITV Player. Got to say how smooth it was, except when I paused it and resumed it the programme went out of sync, but I just paused it and resumed it again and it was fine all in sync.

well after following 96 pages of this thread and the improvements and genius to get us where we are that is the most impressive thing i've seen,

someone has actually found something on ITV worth watching laugh.gif

got too say though, although the content is total rubbish the actual app is quite good

Guest poynter64

The easiest way to do it is via Audi. plug your Vega into your pc via USB also make sure it's plugged into the mains, boot it up as normal, when it's fully booted go to Settings >Applications> Development> USB debugging.

Switch off your Vega, launch Audi by right clicking and choosing Run as Administrator and choose install advent stock rom

Then Press the Back button for 2 seconds then with the back button still pressed, press the power button for 2 seconds, release the power button keeping the back button pressed for 2 seconds. Then release.

If it's gone into recovery correctly a green tick will appear in the system tray and the red box will turn green this means it has gone into recovery. Also the screen will be blank and black with no back light on.

Press close

Then go to where you installed the Modded stock rom and click on it and a dos command box will open and it will install it from there.

that worked a treat cheers buddy but now i have done that how do i install vegacomb 1.7 i only need to install the patch from 1.6 to 1.7 but how i do it i dont no lol any help would be great cheers buddy

Edited by poynter64