[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest gavinlew
by the stock browser fix what do you mean with debug and gl?

If you do not do the browser fix, nothing displays - once the fix is done then web pages display (no font smoothing/gl etc for now), you enter about:debug, then click the menu (top right) go into Settings, then disable Open GL rendering.

Guest Gavjbrown

Can anyone help with this?. When I click on the Restore_Windows dos batch file, the dos window pops up for a fraction of a second and then disappears.

Guest partner2
Can anyone help with this?. When I click on the Restore_Windows dos batch file, the dos window pops up for a fraction of a second and then disappears.

You must be in the recovery mode

Guest remlap

I think you need to be in command prompt to run the bat file.

Guest dagrim1
I think you need to be in command prompt to run the bat file.

That shouldn't be necessary, but at least you'll see what's going on...

Guest simonta

Folks, please don't take this the wrong way but if you can't figure out how to install the ROM, then it's not for you. Just be patient and wait for a "proper" release. With the speed these guys are going, that won't be long.

This ROM is not ready for day use and not long after installing it, you'll need to install your old ROM anyway.

Guest Gavjbrown
You must be in the recovery mode

Done it now. Yes I was in recovery mode. I had to open a command window and copy the lines manually.

Guest mintvilla
Think i'll wait till it's out of alpha and working with ClockworkMod as I hate installing roms via a pc.

good luck with that, the system partition will be too small for honeycomb so dont expect any flashable versions via clockworkmod any time soon.

One youve flashed it first time, clockworkmod zips can be used as now the internal partition would of been changed.

So yeah dont expect to be able to flash this without using a pc, at least for the first time flash.

Guest Gavjbrown
Folks, please don't take this the wrong way but if you can't figure out how to install the ROM, then it's not for you. Just be patient and wait for a "proper" release. With the speed these guys are going, that won't be long.

This ROM is not ready for day use and not long after installing it, you'll need to install your old ROM anyway.

This problem wasnt about not knowing I have tried most of the roms here and also flashed back to official rom a enough times. I have had similar problems on this pc when running a batch file. I got round it in the end by opening cmd and pasting the 2 lines from the batch file.

P.s when I flash the official rom the command window disappears just the same but then comes back after a minute or so.

I also had the same command window problem in the early days of jailbreaking my atv2.

Edited by Gavjbrown

Guest windin101

Arrrgh

I dont have admin access to my work laptop I am unable to install the USB driver so I can flash this

very annoying going to have to wait for 2 hours until I can get home

Guest Tony Williams
Just use this tool:

https://sites.google.com/site/zebdroiddev/a...ustplugin250411

Worked perfectly for me :unsure: Including all widgets etc on the homescreen...

+1 for using this method. Works flawlessly and takes no time at all to restore back to your previous configuration. Just as easy as using Clockworkmod in my opinion.

Will be trying this new ROM tonight when I get home :) Can`t believe things are progressing this quickly, good work.

Guest Dickins

This is just a quick post to tell you what i find working on the rom and what not.

Just if it helps any more in ROM dev.

Under settings, force close on Dolby mobile tab.

Browser, no webpage will display.

Camera, cam corder force close.

Google account will not sign in or communicate with the servers.

Little lag here and there (but then again its not stable)

Wifi runs okay, but occasionally hangs on "Scanning".

Otherwise amazing work, i like the clean and sleek looking UI of honeycomb and can wait for the next update.

This vega was running ALPHA3.

Thanks, -Dickins

Guest Jisonga

flaming heck guys I can hardly keep up with the pace of development of this hc rom.

A massive thanks to all involved trully great work.

All I need is sound, email and browser working and I am away and running with this mod.

After sorting out configuration of browser does flash still work or are we still miles away from that point.

If not then I am off from work romorrow and flashing away guys.

Jason.

Guest partner2
to get root working i had to do this...

adb remount

adb shell

chmod 06755 /system/bin/su

exit

Titanium then worked :unsure:

Thaks. It worked

Guest stevie_mac
to get root working i had to do this...

adb remount

adb shell

chmod 06755 /system/bin/su

exit

Titanium then worked :unsure:

+1 worked for me.

Note; I could not get WiFi working (would show error after about 2 mins. Once I had titanium backup running, I restored my WiFi settings backup & WiFi started & connected no problem (didn't even need to put in password!)