[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Hi

I found if you don't touch the screen whilst booting this rarely if ever happens.

Good luck

UB31

On Corvus5 if you touch the screen whilst booting you also get the screen locked issue...

Guest Paul K

Been playing with this ROM today and had FC's under the following:

When starting up, launcher fails

When I use Facebook App it crashes

When I do anything with sound levels

When I use camera

Any ideas ??

Guest spacecadetuk

When I use camera

Any ideas ??

don't know about facebook app as i'm not on facebook but the rest are known issues, the camera never has worked and moving apps from the tablet to the sd instead of using link2sd or apps2sd sometimes causes the launcher to force close

Guest MikhailM

Hi

I found if you don't touch the screen whilst booting this rarely if ever happens.

Good luck

UB31

Hi,

I found this to be a problem on earlier versions of the special roms. Curiously enough, I have deliberately tested the VC 1.7 by touching the screen during booting up - no problem with the screen freezing. Do not know what the secret is, but I wipe Data, Cache and Dalvik on each installation (before flashing Stockmodded 1.10, then again before flashing VC 1.7.

My Vega sometimes freezes, if I have left it switched on, but inactive for a very long time. Re-booting it periodically (once a day) appears to avoid this issue.

MikhailM

Guest MikhailM

When I use camera

Any ideas ??

Hi, Paul K,

Camera has never worked on Vegacomb - always get a FC.

Have not tried Facebook - will try and comment later.

Have not had any problems with sound levels (using the side switch or from within applications, which have internal adjustment (eg. Mobo player)

Launcher FC at boot-up - you have some applications installed on USB storage. Move them temporarily to the Tablet, then use Link2SD to move them to the SD. (You will have to first partition the SD, if you have not done this previously - will loose anything you have on the SD, so if you want to keep it, you could copy it to a PC, then back to the SD after partitioning).

Moving the apps to the SD (not USB Storage - which is the same SD, but a different part of a partitioned SD) definetly sorts out the Launcher FC on boot-up.

MikhailM.

Guest rvdgeer

As far as I know, Newbe5 and a couple of other developers/chefs/hackers are currently working on a completely new ROM base...

While they are working on the new kernel, getting the Iconia Tab A500 ROM to boot and all parts in it to work, I don't thing it is much of use now to mention (and repeat) bugs you find in the current ROM.

I'm not saying you shouldn't, but I'm trying to say you probably won't see any bugfixes to 1.7 anymore...

It's more likely a new ROM with hardware accelerated graphics will be released in a couple of days/weeks...

@Zebwen is a good source for news on that...

(For those not noticing: Zebwen is Newbe5 spelled backwards... Well, sort of...)

Guest Remington Steale

Zebwen's last tweet:

@Zebwen OK, totally knackard, time for bed. Wifi will have to wait until tomorrow, the Vega now has a stock Iconia A500 img booting with HW accel ;)

Edited by Remington Steale

Guest Adam:)

Zebwen's last tweet:

@Zebwen OK, totally knackard, time for bed. Wifi will have to wait until tomorrow, the Vega now has a stock Iconia A500 img booting with HW accel ;)

whats the difference between vegacomb and the stock iconia a500?

Guest rvdgeer

whats the difference between vegacomb and the stock iconia a500?

VegaComb is build on a different ROM base and basically hacked and tweaked untill most of it worked...

(No disrespect! I deeply appreciate all the work done!)

The stock Iconia A500 ROM is a stock ROM, 'released' by the manufacturer, without hacks and tweaks...

Guest Remington Steale

VegaComb is build on a different ROM base and basically hacked and tweaked untill most of it worked...

(No disrespect! I deeply appreciate all the work done!)

The stock Iconia A500 ROM is a stock ROM, 'released' by the manufacturer, without hacks and tweaks...

Which will now be hacked and tweaked.....

Guest Tony Williams

When I use camera

Any ideas ??

Had problems with the stock launcher myself, but changed to Opera for the flash support anyway.

Don`t recall having issues with the standard Facebook App but there is an app called Friend Me available from the market for Honeycomb Tablets that works well on Vegacomb.

Sound level settings and camera problems are known issues.

Guest Jisonga

Its well worth following newbie5 twitter posts he often posts updates about vegacomb progress and its interesting to follow some of the behind the scenes work that goes into android modding.

Guest phil8715

Its well worth following newbie5 twitter posts he often posts updates about vegacomb progress and its interesting to follow some of the behind the scenes work that goes into android modding.

I've been using Friends Me for a while now and it's excellent. It's much better than Facebook for Android.

Every VegaComb apart from 1.7 I had FC on the launcher but doesn't seem to do it now.

Guest G0OSE

My Vega sometimes freezes, if I have left it switched on, but inactive for a very long time. Re-booting it periodically (once a day) appears to avoid this issue.

MikhailM

Yes, I have the same problem - and it is a problem now! At first it didn't do it at all, but now it's doing it regularly, in fact nearly every time I leave it for a while it seems to go into some sort of sleep mode which can't be escaped from.

Any ideas anyone?

Hey, not kept up with progress but am wondering if there is a workaround to get the camera working in vegacomb? (Last time I heard it wasn't working but not sure now). Thanks.

Guest premieral

Hey, not kept up with progress but am wondering if there is a workaround to get the camera working in vegacomb? (Last time I heard it wasn't working but not sure now). Thanks.

not yet, do you actually use it??:mellow:

Well I will be as I just bought a Vega Tablet :D

Might stick with the Corvus one for the moment as I hear things maybe moving in the background for VegaComb by previous posts.... Exciting.

Guest premieral

Well I will be as I just bought a Vega Tablet :D

Might stick with the Corvus one for the moment as I hear things maybe moving in the background for VegaComb by previous posts.... Exciting.

yes corvus5 without doubt the most impressive over all , vegacomb is more experimental but i cant keep away from it :D and have been using it as my weapon of choice for almost 3 weeks now with absolutely no problems other than those already known , such as no camera.

have fun

Guest MikhailM

Cool thanks for the info....

Corvus 5 + SP1 is the fastest and most stable of hte current special roms with everything working properly (some may say almost everything.

But Vegacomb 1.7 now is stable and pretty fast too and is definetly better suited to a 10.1 screen tablet, so that is what I am using, despite the few remaining well documented issues (camera, having to use Opera as the browser).

If you are going back to Corvus, but want to get rid of those Penguins at boot-up, read my post under the corvus 5 thread. I appear to have stumbled on a method.

MIkhailM.