[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Mine died over night when on standby, battery was nearly full before I went bed, does it have an issue with being on standby on honeycomb? The install was very smooth and its awesome to use.

Mine died over night when on standby, battery was nearly full before I went bed, does it have an issue with being on standby on honeycomb? The install was very smooth and its awesome to use.

standby doesnt work on this version. The camera stays on, all notifications are heard, I think the screen turns off and thats all...I would do a full shutdown.

standby doesnt work on this version. The camera stays on, all notifications are heard, I think the screen turns off and thats all...I would do a full shutdown.

Ahh okay, cool, will do.

Yes, same here - r8.1 networking was rock solid with fast reconnects.

r9 network is terrible, i occasionally get some connections after a random combination of reboot /disconnect/forget/connect which makes it all the more frustrating.

Brilliant rom just network

update - will have to see what the patch does to it but network looks unaffected.

update 2 - fixes my network problems - brilliant work,

I can also report i have a "fleaBay snake (web)cam" working as well

(Note for the blokes that don't read instructions;

Update 2 contains both update 1 and update 2 patches!)

Having a problem with WI-FI, installed all ok. worked ok

Shut it down.

Boot back up

WI-FI comes up with error and will not connect

Tried full uninstall and install twice, with no joy.

Anyone have the same problem.

Edited by mrgum6y

WOW! took me 2 hours to get it going but it was worth it...

well done guys, it really has given my vega a new life!

just a pity that the standby battery life is still a weak point on the vega...

Please Help

My screen is locked when i startup in vegacomb 3.2.

Sometimes i can unlock screen and go to startup screen but then blocked again after 1 or 2 seconds.

Why happen this?

Thanks and regards. (sorry for my bad english)

Guest _falter_

Anyone else got a problem with the market? I get 'No connection' message everytime... I did manage to get on it when I first installed, and I installed 1 app (a tower defence game) but I've got the no connection error ever since!

Anyone else got a problem with the market? I get 'No connection' message everytime... I did manage to get on it when I first installed, and I installed 1 app (a tower defence game) but I've got the no connection error ever since!

i had that problem before n was told to make sure the time n date were correct, mine wasn't ........ changed time n date n hey presto i was back in business :) hope that helps

Guest HypoTurtle

Any chance someone could upload Update 2 to a dropbox or similar as the only internet connect I can get at the minute is blocking multiupload. At the very least could someone list or pm me the urls of the download sites; megaupload, fileserve etc. as they may work. Thanks.

Guest _falter_

i had that problem before n was told to make sure the time n date were correct, mine wasn't ........ changed time n date n hey presto i was back in business :) hope that helps

Thanks very much - I set the time again and market worked. Sadly the time and date kept resetting so I installed a clock sync app which has sorted it out :-)

Guest rebeldx

Thanks very much - I set the time again and market worked. Sadly the time and date kept resetting so I installed a clock sync app which has sorted it out :-)

yeh i think the time/date issue has bin fixed in the latest updates :)

Guest norihaga

new to this did the vegacomb 1.7 ok and decided to install this rom

now followed everything that was posted up (instructions,modded stock rom etc.) did everything by the instructions and everything said it was ok installed etc. rebooted my vega now all i'm getting is a loop of the" vega comb is free if you have paid extra for this then you have been ripped of" screen then then a black screen

what's wrong and how do i put it right

new to this did the vegacomb 1.7 ok and decided to install this rom

now followed everything that was posted up (instructions,modded stock rom etc.) did everything by the instructions and everything said it was ok installed etc. rebooted my vega now all i'm getting is a loop of the" vega comb is free if you have paid extra for this then you have been ripped of" screen then then a black screen

what's wrong and how do i put it right

If you used ModdedStock v2, try ModdedStock v1. If still no luck try v9b rather than v9n.

Guest norihaga

If you used ModdedStock v2, try ModdedStock v1. If still no luck try v9b rather than v9n.

cheers for that but i can't (don't know how to) get it back into recovery mode

edit:managed to get it into recovery and tried what you said but still getting the same craic on load up don't know what i'm doing wrong as i've followed everything by the book guess i'll keep trying

Edited by norihaga

Guest Paranor

Finnally concluded that my Vega is just not compatible. Have tried every build, in every combination. Different SD cards, in different sizes. Have tried reducing size of install by removing apps and going into recovery following install (unable to do).

SO thanks for all the work that has been put in, but loks like I am stuck with R8, as that seems like the only build that will work on my tablet.

Very p*ssed off!

Guest norihaga

Finnally concluded that my Vega is just not compatible. Have tried every build, in every combination. Different SD cards, in different sizes. Have tried reducing size of install by removing apps and going into recovery following install (unable to do).

SO thanks for all the work that has been put in, but loks like I am stuck with R8, as that seems like the only build that will work on my tablet.

Very p*ssed off!

mine will not go beyond the boot up loop i explained above now went back to corvus as i didn't want to go back to vegacomb 1.7 shame as i really wanted this to work but i guess i keep doing something wrong but 3 hrs of trying and i've given up

Guest Paranor

mine will not go beyond the boot up loop i explained above now went back to corvus as i didn't want to go back to vegacomb 1.7 shame as i really wanted this to work but i guess i keep doing something wrong but 3 hrs of trying and i've given up

Have been trying since this was first released, managed to get 8.1 to work (after reducing it Zip) Now even that wont work, think I managed to pick up a dud Vega. Looks like I will have to spend some pennys and buy Xoom or Sony 1.

Guest newbe5

Well, gave it one last try, Mod Stock V1, v9n, and before I restarted I installed the update as well, and the fecking thng has worked.

This ^ made me lol ;)

All working now then?

n5

Guest rvdgeer

Well, i thought i could give some advances on what i was trying.. I have attached the patches to the kernel required to tune a bit the performance of the device:

-Now, when the backlight is turned off, we automatically switch the power governor to the conservative one. Once the backlight is turned on again, then, the previous selected governor is reapplied. The main idea here is to save power when the user is not looking at the screen... I took the idea of the Whistler Tegra kernel ....

-Adjusted the video memory layout a bit... Now we have 96mbytes of video ram. From those, 2Mbytes are required for the LCD display framebuffer (previously, we were allocating 8Mbytes. That was an error... ;)

-Increased the maximum resolution of the 2nd framebuffer (HDMI out) to full HD. In theory, Tegra2 should be able to drive it and output fullHD movies... Let's see how it works in practice :) (previously, Tegra2 was outputting 720p , not HD) ... Just note that i fixed again the amount of memory allocated for HDMI ,,, It was less than the amount required to support fullHD

-Reduced the refresh rate of the LCD to the same speed as Froyo (.32 kernel) ... 60 hz. Makes a lot of sense ... There is no need to drive the display at higher refresh frecuencies ... Previously, we were driving it at 100hz, wasting power as the LCD used can't turn off/on pixels at such speed... If anyone notices something,... But, i really doubt it - And there is a very good point in decreasing refresh screen: This saves memory bandwidth, making it available to program execution/graphics rendering, increasing Android speed

-398Mbytes of RAM are left for the android apps...

-I also reenabled sharing of system RAM with the graphics core . Check the .config file ;)

Well, no more to report.. I will probably test this a little bit more on the next days...

Eduardo

BTW... I have read that Bluetooth has stability problems when pairing to a A2DP audio headset... It would be really nice to have kernel logs just before the crash, to try to fix it... This pairing should work without trouble :)

@Newbe5

Are these latest patches by Eduardo included in update 3, or not yet?

Looks like they were made after you released update 3...