[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest BleachedEgo

Two things I have encountered: downloads such as Adobe do not open automatically e.g. in Dropbox; the screen just dims and you have to open the Reader separately.

I know this post is a little old now, but I thought I'd post quickly in regards to the issue above.

When your screen dims on opening a link/document/program (as mine does fairly often) rotate your vega to portrait. You should then see the 'open with' feature where you can choose a default program for whatever it is you're opening. Mine would just darken, and until I worked this out I would just back out of it and go onto something else. It happened a lot when I had more than one browser installed, or on the likes of reddita, where you have the option of opening a link in your browser, youtube app, or the program itself.

I'm not sure why it does this, but it is a little annoying. This has only ever happened on this particular rom, for me.

Edited by BleachedEgo

I'm not sure why it does this, but it is a little annoying. This has only ever happened on this particular rom, for me.

FWIW I'm pretty sure this doesn't happen when DPI is set to 160. That's how mine is and I get app choose showing OK in landscape mode.

Guest BleachedEgo

FWIW I'm pretty sure this doesn't happen when DPI is set to 160. That's how mine is and I get app choose showing OK in landscape mode.

Thanks mate, I'll have a look at that later. Mine's set however newbe5 et al set it as standard.

It's not a common problem though, just now and again.

Cheers.

Guest Jpratt

hi guys,

just saying, fantastic rom, love honeycomb and feels much more erm "tabletty" than 2.2

However I am still using R8 due to one small hitch..PEAP support :(

If you guys could get the wifi working on PEAP then it would by far be the best rom in the land :)

Cheers guys

Joe

Guest norihaga

gonna give it another go tomorrow (3rd attempt) if it fails can anyone suggest the next best version of vegacomb to load in i was running vegacomb beta 1.7 but went back to corvus as it was the most stable on my vega i.e. wireless/camera/g sensor etc.

Hi all,

I'm enjoying the Vegacomb 3 software, but want to install the updates to maximise the experience. What's the easiest way to do it please (simple instructions) as I cant see anything on the Tabletroms pages (at least not without reading all 200+ pages)?

Thanks

Guest Jpratt

simplest way to put on update 3...

download the update zip (around 7.5mb)

put this on ur SDcard or transfer via cable

reboot in recovery mode (press power and scroll to recovery)

select install zip from sd card, find the update file

job done :)

Hi all,

I'm enjoying the Vegacomb 3 software, but want to install the updates to maximise the experience. What's the easiest way to do it please (simple instructions) as I cant see anything on the Tabletroms pages (at least not without reading all 200+ pages)?

Thanks

Edited by Jpratt

Thanks for the advice. I've downloaded the update to my machine, but cant get into CWM for some reason? I've tried rebooting into recovery many times, but it doesn't enter CWM - just reboots the machine every time...very weird...

Is there another way to get into CWM? If not, can I update a different way or download from the market to get into CWM?

Thanks

simplest way to put on update 3...

download the update zip (around 7.5mb)

put this on ur SDcard or transfer via cable

reboot in recovery mode (press power and scroll to recovery)

select install zip from sd card, find the update file

job done :)

Guest dibbles

Not sure if this will help anyone but with my Vega I have not had any issues per se with any of the VC builds and using the modified stock ROM ver 1 when it was released then version 2.

With my wife's Vega it has been somewhat different. I first changed it over later in the VC ROM's development and used the modified stock ROM version 2. Prior to this she ran the Corvus ROM with no issues at all. Every now and again I would be greeted by a BSOD when trying to boot her machine using VC and it would require a full reinstall before it would be used again. This continued.

I then returned it back to the Corvus ROM but we started to get the odd error message when it had booted something like process.sndorid has stopped working and it needed to close. Only a reset would help.

Going back to the VC ROM resulted in the same odd BSOD, regardless of how many apps I removed from it prior to installing.

Then trying the modified stock ROM version 1 with my wife's Vega has been very successful and after a couple of weeks use there has been no error messages nor any BSOD's.

So for my Vega it seems to be fine with either version 1 or 2 of the modified stock ROM but with my wife's she has to use version 1 or she will get those errors described.

If the above assumes (maybe wrongly) that it could be problematic nand memory blocks with my wife's Vega then why aren't these blocks simply marked as being bad and then not used by the system, surely this is how it should be when understanding that each and every Vega will have some bad nand blocks somewhere..?

Reducing the size of the ROM and even using the Corvus ROM would not stop the problems with my wife's Vega it was just using the modified stock ROM version 1 which resolved it.

Guest barnston

A huge thank you for the development work and advice on this forum. I've been running a modded vega since I bought it on ebay a year ago. Not really sure what the set up was but it had access to Market and thought it was a Harmony device.

Finally worked up the courage to install the modstock firmware, Vegacomb and Vegacomb update at the weekend and can't believe how this device has come to life.

Thanks guys!

Guest ursulavasey

i just can't get this damn thing to work,more down to me being new at this i guess than anything else....i give up :(

If you can explain, step by step, what you are trying to do and what problems you are having, maybe someone can help you with detailed instructions, norihaga.

Guest norihaga

If you can explain, step by step, what you are trying to do and what problems you are having, maybe someone can help you with detailed instructions, norihaga.

i did about 2 pages ago

ok i'll start again

i had vegacomb 1.7 on

i downloaded the new modded stock rom v.1.10 v2 (was using 1.10 before) and the vegacomb 3.2b and 3.2n

followed instructions and installed the modded stock rom then installed from sd card 3.2

had problems as stated earlier in thread (page 107 or 8 not sure) so tried installing them both again with original modded stock rom v.1.10 as someone recommended and got the same problem

today reinstalled vegacomb 1.7 (no problems) and tried to install v3.2 as a update (thought i'd give it a go as nothing else worked) and just got the ripped off screen

Guest ursulavasey

i did about 2 pages ago

ok i'll start again

i had vegacomb 1.7 on

i downloaded the new modded stock rom v.1.10 v2 (was using 1.10 before) and the vegacomb 3.2b and 3.2n

followed instructions and installed the modded stock rom then installed from sd card 3.2

had problems as stated earlier in thread (page 107 or 8 not sure) so tried installing them both again with original modded stock rom v.1.10 as someone recommended and got the same problem

today reinstalled vegacomb 1.7 (no problems) and tried to install v3.2 as a update (thought i'd give it a go as nothing else worked) and just got the ripped off screen

Now you have spelled it out in sequence, I can immediately see you problem. v3.2b and 3.2n are different versions of the same rom. You need either v3.2b and update 3.2b or V3.2n and v3.2n. The letters (b&n) must match on both the rom and the update. You cannot mix and match them, as they create different partition sizes. Choose either the v3.2b +update 3.2b or v3.2n+ update 3.2n.

Whichever you choose, flash modded stock 1.10v2, reboot to recovery, clear the user data and wipe the caches. Install the main rom (eg v3.2b) then reboot to recovery again. Do not wipe the caches or clear the user data, just install the update (eg 3.2b update) by installing the zip from the sd card then boot into the rom. From there it is just a case of setting up the wifi and downloading apps, etc.

Guest norihaga

Now you have spelled it out in sequence, I can immediately see you problem. v3.2b and 3.2n are different versions of the same rom. You need either v3.2b and update 3.2b or V3.2n and v3.2n. The letters (b&n) must match on both the rom and the update. You cannot mix and match them, as they create different partition sizes. Choose either the v3.2b +update 3.2b or v3.2n+ update 3.2n.

Whichever you choose, flash modded stock 1.10v2, reboot to recovery, clear the user data and wipe the caches. Install the main rom (eg v3.2b) then reboot to recovery again. Do not wipe the caches or clear the user data, just install the update (eg 3.2b update) by installing the zip from the sd card then boot into the rom. From there it is just a case of setting up the wifi and downloading apps, etc.

thanks i will give it ago

edit deleted this as it was so obvious <double doh>

Edited by norihaga

Guest ursulavasey

thanks i will give it ago

what build should i load up before the 3.2 update (sounds stupid i know but my brain is fried from trying to work it out)

I would try build 3.2b and update 3.2b first, as this build has the smallest partition sizes, leaving more room for apps. This build doesn't work for everyone, due to bad blocks on individual tablets, but if it works for you, it is the most economical in terms of space. If this works, then fine. If not, reinstall modded stock version 2 again, then install build 3.2n and update 3.2n, using the methods I described earlier and clearing data/caches between installing modded stock and the main Vegacomb build. If you have problems again, let me know, describing in detail what you did and I will try to help you further. We'll get there in the end, don't worry.

Guest norihaga

I would try build 3.2b and update 3.2b first, as this build has the smallest partition sizes, leaving more room for apps. This build doesn't work for everyone, due to bad blocks on individual tablets, but if it works for you, it is the most economical in terms of space. If this works, then fine. If not, reinstall modded stock version 2 again, then install build 3.2n and update 3.2n, using the methods I described earlier and clearing data/caches between installing modded stock and the main Vegacomb build. If you have problems again, let me know, describing in detail what you did and I will try to help you further. We'll get there in the end, don't worry.

you're a star mate cheers for the help

just like to say new to this and if anyone reading this forum is scared to ask don't,i've found this place one of the most helpful non judgemental forums on the internet so join up ;)

Guest ursulavasey

you're a star mate cheers for the help

just like to say new to this and if anyone reading this forum is scared to ask don't,i've found this place one of the most helpful non judgemental forums on the internet so join up ;)

That's fine, I am happy to help. We were all newbies here at some time, remember. We have all had to learn and ask questions. There is no such thing as a silly question either. If you don't know how to do something, don't be afraid to ask. Someone has had the same problem at some point, most likely, and has needed the same kind of help. If the advice works, let us know here on the site, as it may help others in the same situation. If there are problems, again, let us know and we will try to help you sort things out, and show you what the Vega really can do.

Guest ursulavasey

done and dusted went for the 3.2.9n works like a charm

once again thanks and keep up the good work :D

So you now have 3.2n and update n? Great stuff! You can check you have the right build and update in settings/about tablet, at the bottom of the settings menu.

Guest norihaga

So you now have 3.2n and update n? Great stuff! You can check you have the right build and update in settings/about tablet, at the bottom of the settings menu.

VC 3.2 build 9n update 3 :rolleyes:

hey there...earlier posted a reply detailing about PEAP support, after searching a few other forums it appears that for vegacomb 1.4 there was a peap patch released (which could possibly break ad-hoc support), now Im not really that bothered about adhoc, but please could the patch..if anyone has it be re-uploaded somewhere and I will test it with 3.2 9n u3 :)

If anybody could help would be muchly appreciated as well as a few beer tokens sent your way :)

Guest HypoTurtle

You have the two types mixed up there the b builds have bigger system patitions (200MB); b standing for bigger partitions rather than bigger /data. The n; newbe builds (Mod stock 1/2) have 155/150MB if I recall correctly. Not a major issue as the flashing problem was resolved, but just felt that this would help unconfuse any newbies who've been reading this.

hey there...earlier posted a reply detailing about PEAP support, after searching a few other forums it appears that for vegacomb 1.4 there was a peap patch released (which could possibly break ad-hoc support), now Im not really that bothered about adhoc, but please could the patch..if anyone has it be re-uploaded somewhere and I will test it with 3.2 9n u3 :)

If anybody could help would be muchly appreciated as well as a few beer tokens sent your way :)

I have PEAPPatch-v2 in my hard drive, seems to be the file you're looking for. My dropbox isn't working atm so feel free to pm me an email address were I can send it to (it's a small file (376Kb).

Edited by HypoTurtle

Guest ursulavasey

You have the two types mixed up there the b builds have bigger system patitions (200MB); b standing for bigger partitions rather than bigger /data. The n; newbe builds (Mod stock 1/2) have 155/150MB if I recall correctly. Not a major issue as the flashing problem was resolved, but just felt that this would help unconfuses any newbes who've been reading this.

Sorry HypoTurtle, you are right. I was right insofar as the letters had to match (b to b and n to n) but the explanation was incorrect in terms of partition sizes. My apologies to any newbies reading this, HypoTurtle's description of the rom sizes is correct.