[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest simonta

Morning everyone!

I havent been on this site for months and months and I am still running corvus 5 sp1. Corvus was that good that I was really content, however I have looked back and found that everything has moved on so much which is brilliant. Could anyone tell me the version that we are up to and what patches I would need as things change so quickly. I am really nervous about changing what I have but curiousity is taking over.

Because it has been so long since I have done any tweaks, I am afraid I will stuff everything up and lose my current utopia ha ha !

The VegaComb thread is on TabletRoms. It has all the current info. Take a backup in clockworkmod before you begin then you can always go back.

Guest adrenochrome

Update to v3

I used the modded stock v2 and then update from sd card method to get to 3.2,

now I want to update to V3 but i cant do it the same way.

can someone help me, do i need to flash back to modstock v2 and then run 3.2 followed by the update without reboot (if so whats the best way to flash back the old rom) or is there a way to run the update.

thanks very much

jp

Edited by adrenochrome

Update to v3

I used the modded stock v2 and then update from sd card method to get to 3.2,

now I want to update to V3 but i cant do it the same way.

can someone help me, do i need to flash back to modstock v2 and then run 3.2 followed by the update without reboot (if so whats the best way to flash back the old rom) or is there a way to run the update.

thanks very much

jp

Update 3 should work in CWM...thats how I did mine. if you managed to get CWM working from ModdedStock and dont mind doing it again then yes, you can install straight on top of the full ROM.

You may also want to take a look at the new HoneyIce updates for VegaComb that are coming from TabletRoms as they are coming out quite regularly now..although currently they are ainly cosmetic changes

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tony barnes

Right, finally installed this last night, as wifi had been getting unusable on previous ROM for some reason. My other half was using my main PC to watch some TV, so I thought I'd do it via Mac... lmao, what a time waste that was! After a lot of faffing I ended up dumping VMware fusion on to it, installing Windows 7, and then using the installer... which didn't work for whatever reason. To everyone installing this, I cannot state more clearly - Read The badword Manual - I sure as hell didn't, and it bit me in the arse!! Do things in order, and all is good.

Anyway, will re-write what I did to get it working, someone may find it useful amongst all the other guides out there. I had nothing I wanted to keep on my vega, so there is no backup process here...

1. Download the following files: USB driver, Modded stock, vegacomb build 9n, vegacomb update 3 - unless you have download accounts with some of the mirrors, go make a cup of tea as they are somewhat slow, lol!
  2. Plug in Vega with usb storage on, transfer the build 3, and build 3 update zip files to your memory card
  3. Get your vega into recovery mode - back button 2 secs, back & power 2 secs, back 2 secs, release - screen will flash on a little, then go off
  4. Plug in via USB - open device manager, find the yellow triangle, replace the driver - you downloaded it earlier
  5. Once that is on, it should now show up as a vega in recovery mode, and you can launch modded stock
  6. It should flash the vega, which will then restart
  7. When vega boots, open applications, go to recovery, this will launch the recovery mode - use the volume to move up and down, power to enter a menu, and back button to exit a menu
  8. Hit wipe data/factory reset - then confirm
  9. Hit install zip from SD card - select the vegacomb 9n image and install
  10. When done, reboot the system
  11. Vegacomb should now load up for you - hit the power button with a long hold, select recovery
  12. Once rebooted, you will be in clockwork recovery again
  13. Hit install zip from SD card - select the update 3 zip file and install
  14. When done, reboot, and you're laughing!!
Now, you probably don't have to do a couple of those steps (10/11), but this worked, so frig it. Someone else has probably detailed this elsewhere, but I couldn't find something that acutally laid out each damn step, so there you go. I wouldn't bother with the installer - couldn't get that to work for s***, the above seemed pretty foolproof by comparison.

First impressions - OMG, what an awesome ROM, spot on. My wifi is now working again (!) and the HDMI output is actually fine on videos opened with mvideoplayer - I can live with 3/4 screen on other stuff, as I don't use it for that. Games look lovely, the accelerometer is working a treat, all in all, fab stuff!

Hi

I have had this installed for a while and use it everyday , it's great work. :D

I'm currently working on a project using an Arduino ADK board and I would like to be able to use it with my vega.

I had problems getting it setup and working on my Desire S and found that the only ROM (that I found) that supported USB accessory mode was CyanogenMod 7.1

Would it be possible to enable this mode in VegaComb ? I have read a few articles and I believe there is a difference in the way that android 3 deals with usb accessory mode compared to android 2.3.5

Any info would be useful.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Guest swarrans

Right, finally installed this last night, as wifi had been getting unusable on previous ROM for some reason. My other half was using my main PC to watch some TV, so I thought I'd do it via Mac... lmao, what a time waste that was! After a lot of faffing I ended up dumping VMware fusion on to it, installing Windows 7, and then using the installer... which didn't work for whatever reason. To everyone installing this, I cannot state more clearly - Read The badword Manual - I sure as hell didn't, and it bit me in the arse!! Do things in order, and all is good.

Brilliant, thanks Tony - I had been putting off upgrading to Vegacomb but your post spured me on and it all worked!

First impression good, although I'd like the print size bigger for my poor eyes - I guess I do that with one of those dpi setting apps?...

Simon

Guest lazyliam

ive installed vegacomb 3.2 build 9.n are b not 100 percent now which but ive used same update I.E b or n and update 3 its like its not taking bluetooth not working just force closes any help much appreciated

Guest swarrans

I've changed the dpi to 160 and much prefer it.

The stock browser seems to crash quite a bit and doesn't seem to respond to finger swipes to go back and forward in pages like my favourite Miren does.

I would use Miren exclusively except that doesn't seem to work with flash on Vegacomb.

Still, it's absolutely wonderful overall and it's a keeper!

Simon

Edited by swarrans

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ian Kendall

Hi all,

I followed Tony's excellent directions, and got Vegacomb installed on my tablet.

I think, because this is what the screen looks like:

vegacomb.jpg

If anyone has a suggestion, I'm all ears.

Many thanks, Ian

Edited by Ian Kendall

For those who have been annoyed that they are unable to use VegaComb on your University networks, despair no more!

Over on XDA, rionline has done a bunch of testing and found a patch that makes EAP networks work (I have not tested this, but it has been confirmed by others to work). I have packed this patch in to a CWM installer and...

Here it is!

Please let me know if it works for you!

newbe5

Help! I have a problem!

I had v8.1 on my tablet which i found was a little buggy from time to time (most things people already covered) so i decieded to upgrade to 9b via the windows installer....

All fine but the store kept messing up so i added the patch 3 and all was fine....

Installed a few apps, played angry birds... then i decided to turn it off. Pressed the power button and it went to sleep. I now press the power button to turn it on again and nothing. Nothing at all. Won't boot or anything. Long press, short press..... Still the same.

Tried to get it to go into restore mode and again, nothing.

Any help? How do i get this to start working again or have my worst fears come true and it's buggered? :(

Thanks!

.....OK very strange.

Posted the above, got angry at the tablet. Pressed power like 1000's times and it's booted up!

What do we think this could be? I don't think the actual button is an issue as i can feel the button pressing against the power button underneath.

Guest ZTE_Blade

.....OK very strange.

Posted the above, got angry at the tablet. Pressed power like 1000's times and it's booted up!

What do we think this could be? I don't think the actual button is an issue as i can feel the button pressing against the power button underneath.

It's a known bug called Sleep of Death (SOD). You need to press the power button for a looong time to manually shut the device, then you can turn it on. Happens from time to time, no fix was ever made as far as I know.

Guest netsalez

Has anyone had problems with Android Market when using this ROM?

Twice I've been trying to install an App & after the tablet went to sleep, upon starting again I get a white box, with "No connection", when launching the Market App (with OK butto which loses the App)?

Guest ursulavasey

Has anyone had problems with Android Market when using this ROM?

Twice I've been trying to install an App & after the tablet went to sleep, upon starting again I get a white box, with "No connection", when launching the Market App (with OK butto which loses the App)?

The first thing to do is to check that the date, time and timezone are correct, as this often causes the market to fail. If they are set correctly I would search for an APK of the latest version of the market, which is 3.1.5, I believe.

hi everybody,

tried the eap/peap patch today doesn't work when i fresh installed modded stock v1_2,then 9n, rebooted, then update 3 then the eap patch...however when i've been testing Areo's 3.2.6 beta 5 (with this patch included) it works..can anybody else confirm the peap patch working after update 3?

Guest Robnoper

I have a Vega clone from www.jexaa.co.uk, was branded as a "Delux" but people at jexaa said it was from the same factory as advent Difference is it has 3G slot built in and GPS. worked ok on froyo but wondering if you will be making vegacomb work with 3G and GPS?

update 3 looks and works fantiastically but would be even better with the GPS and 3G working

Edited by Robnoper

Guest netsalez

The first thing to do is to check that the date, time and timezone are correct, as this often causes the market to fail. If they are set correctly I would search for an APK of the latest version of the market, which is 3.1.5, I believe.

Problem Solved - Thankyou soooo much.....

Guest ursulavasey

Problem Solved - Thankyou soooo much.....

So what was the problem then - were the date and time incorrect or did you have to download a new version of the market?

Guest netsalez

So what was the problem then - were the date and time incorrect or did you have to download a new version of the market?

Sorry for not explaining - problem was date/time was wrong...

Guest Greyowl

Finally got round to flashing Vegacomb 3.2 build build 9n + update 3 today, it`s awesome guys, solved all of my issues with USB hard drives and even got it networked with Samba Network Fileshare !

Thanks so much for all of your hard work

Guest netsalez

For some reason the date had changed & I only had to correct this....

Guest ursulavasey

For some reason the date had changed & I only had to correct this....

It does happen like that sometimes, especially when a reflash or update has been done. There is an app called Clocksync, which automatically syncs your tablet or other Android device with the internet time, as soon as it connects to the internet. It is free to download from the Android Market and the link for it is below:

https://market.android.com/details?id=ru.org.amip.ClockSync&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsInJ1Lm9yZy5hbWlwLkNsb2NrU3luYyJd