[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest netsalez

It does happen like that sometimes, especially when a reflash or update has been done. There is an app called Clocksync, which automatically syncs your tablet or other Android device with the internet time, as soon as it connects to the internet. It is free to download from the Android Market and the link for it is below:

https://market.andro...kNsb2NrU3luYyJd

Yep, just downloaded this - I agree here (Northern Ireland) it syncs great & updated my vega to the accurate time

thanks for this tip....

Guest ursulavasey

Yep, just downloaded this - I agree here (Northern Ireland) it syncs great & updated my vega to the accurate time

thanks for this tip....

It should sync every time now once it has an internet connection. I love NI, I visit the in-laws over there twice a year.

Guest netsalez

It should sync every time now once it has an internet connection. I love NI, I visit the in-laws over there twice a year.

BTW any idea where I could get the original wallpaper that came with this ROM (see page 1) as I seem to have lost it when downloading others?

Guest Ian Kendall

Hi all,

Just a final bump to see if anyone knows the cause of the screen mess that I got the other day (a photo is on the previous post by me).

Many thanks, Ian

Guest ursulavasey

Hi all,

Just a final bump to see if anyone knows the cause of the screen mess that I got the other day (a photo is on the previous post by me).

Many thanks, Ian

I have no idea, as I have never seen this problem before. I would suggest you start again with a clean install, to ensure that any problems created in this flashing process are not still in the system. It's a pain going through the whole procedure again, but sometimes a new, clean install is the best thing to do.

Guest ursulavasey

BTW any idea where I could get the original wallpaper that came with this ROM (see page 1) as I seem to have lost it when downloading others?

There is an ICS wallpapers app in the Android Market and the wallpaper is in there.

Guest Ian Kendall

Thanks,

I've done three clean installs now - recovery, modstock v2, 9n and update 3. Every time the same result.

The only think that it might be, as far as I can tell, is that I have a replacement screen, and it is somehow different for the Vegacomb drivers. Every other rom works fine though, so it's frustrating! I'd really like to give the 3.2 a try!

The OS is running fine underneath - I can unlock the screen and move things around, but there's the banding issue which makes it all unreadable. I tried setting the LCD density in build.prop to 160 but that had no effect either. Running screen calibration didn't help.

Ho hum. :(

I have no idea, as I have never seen this problem before. I would suggest you start again with a clean install, to ensure that any problems created in this flashing process are not still in the system. It's a pain going through the whole procedure again, but sometimes a new, clean install is the best thing to do.

Guest ursulavasey

Thanks,

I've done three clean installs now - recovery, modstock v2, 9n and update 3. Every time the same result.

The only think that it might be, as far as I can tell, is that I have a replacement screen, and it is somehow different for the Vegacomb drivers. Every other rom works fine though, so it's frustrating! I'd really like to give the 3.2 a try!

The OS is running fine underneath - I can unlock the screen and move things around, but there's the banding issue which makes it all unreadable. I tried setting the LCD density in build.prop to 160 but that had no effect either. Running screen calibration didn't help.

Small question, and it may sound obvious. I assume that you installed update 3n, not update 3b, as the update letter needs to match the main rom. You could also try installing version 9b and update 9b and see if that solves the problem. Nothing to lose by trying it.

Thanks,

Its the screen, explanation soon! :P

Guest jono4001

Last few days the number off times whilst browsing the web via my vega where the browser window shuts down and takes me back to home screen is increasing,strange thing is that dads vega which has also been converted to honeycomb has started to do the exact same thing,he always had a force closure with trying to view his sky emails via the sky web page but is now reporting that it is happening more and more via other websites,performance is excellent apart from this and just wonder if there is anything we can do or try to prevent this happening ? as far as i know the honneycomb version is the very latest available-both vegas were very kindly modded via simonta off this forum. as l say just seems strange that its starting to happen to both vegas increasingly more and wonder what could be causing this ?

Guest mrguest

I have been suffering this, I was loving vegacomb but in the last week or so the browser just crashes and goes back to the home screen every time i try and use the browser.

its unusuable now. it seems to be if you click on anything before the page has finished loading so when it looks like it has loaded but hasnt it crashes although this isnt the only time.

i tried dolphin hd yesterday and that seemed to be ok but it is strange that this has only just started to happen?!

Last few days the number off times whilst browsing the web via my vega where the browser window shuts down and takes me back to home screen is increasing,strange thing is that dads vega which has also been converted to honeycomb has started to do the exact same thing,he always had a force closure with trying to view his sky emails via the sky web page but is now reporting that it is happening more and more via other websites,performance is excellent apart from this and just wonder if there is anything we can do or try to prevent this happening ? as far as i know the honneycomb version is the very latest available-both vegas were very kindly modded via simonta off this forum. as l say just seems strange that its starting to happen to both vegas increasingly more and wonder what could be causing this ?

Much the same for me, Honeycomb is a fantastic ROM but the frequency of browser crashes returning to the home screen is now at a point where its not usable, after a fresh install usage is fine but then over a week or so the problem reappears.

Admittedly I have not tried using an alternative browser as I actually like the stcok browser and it's features. If somebody could fix this issue the rom would be just perfect.

Much the same for me, Honeycomb is a fantastic ROM but the frequency of browser crashes returning to the home screen is now at a point where its not usable, after a fresh install usage is fine but then over a week or so the problem reappears.

Admittedly I have not tried using an alternative browser as I actually like the stcok browser and it's features. If somebody could fix this issue the rom would be just perfect.

I haven't experienced this, but then I don't use the stock browser for exactly this reason, unfortunately it is one if the most memory intensive applications that comes bundled with HC, and 512mb just doesn't cut the butter with it in a lot of situations, but at a guess, there was a Flash update recently, this could have caused the issue to become worse? Flash is UGLY on Android, and although it works, it is a memory hogging beast. Couple that with the HW accelerated browser and your in for a tough time.

My recommendation is to use Opera Mobile (NOT Opera Mini), it's different, but use it for a while and you will get used to it, I love it and use it on every single one of my Android devices. My only wish is that the icon wasn't so fugly :P

On the Wobbly screen issue that the guy earlier posted. I also am one of the only other people who has this issue on one of my devices. I have a prototype P10 (Vega) model in my posession from before it was officialy released, it has a 10-point multitouch screen on it that is different from the released models one. On all 2.2/2.3 ROMs (as in, with the old kernel) everything works fine, but using the new .36 kernel, it doesn't. I REALLY haven't looked in to this (although I should :P) but it seems to me that there are additional screens that the TP driver can be used for, and in the original kernel these device names are listed, where they are not in the newer kernel. I'm gonna have a word with Cass or Eduardo (the resident kernel kings) and see how obvious this might be to find and fix. But unfortunately, with the ongoing work with ICS and the relatively few people who have this issue (2, now :P) I'm not sure how much time they will be able to justify spending on the problem, but I'll see what we can do ;)

newbe5

Guest Ian Kendall
On the Wobbly screen issue that the guy earlier posted. I also am one of the only other people who has this issue on one of my devices. I have a prototype P10 (Vega) model in my posession from before it was officialy released, it has a 10-point multitouch screen on it that is different from the released models one. On all 2.2/2.3 ROMs (as in, with the old kernel) everything works fine, but using the new .36 kernel, it doesn't. I REALLY haven't looked in to this (although I should :P) but it seems to me that there are additional screens that the TP driver can be used for, and in the original kernel these device names are listed, where they are not in the newer kernel. I'm gonna have a word with Cass or Eduardo (the resident kernel kings) and see how obvious this might be to find and fix. But unfortunately, with the ongoing work with ICS and the relatively few people who have this issue (2, now :P) I'm not sure how much time they will be able to justify spending on the problem, but I'll see what we can do ;)

And that's all I can ask for (although it doesn't look too hot for running HC any time soon...)

Many thanks, Ian

• 3 weeks later...
Guest fredriksk

Hello

Just installed vegacomb Beta 1.7 on my "point of view" (vega). The rom works like a charm exept for the most important thing! A google account. When I try to add my excisiting google account I get this error message:

"Can't establish a reliable connection to the server

This could be a temporary problem or your Android device may not be provisioned for data service. if it continues, call customer care."

Is there a way around this? As of know I can't download apps or check email...

Guest kris2340k

the l;ink below this video

is a apk file that you can put in your veag and install it BUT DONT RUN IT DIRECTLY FROM THE INSTALLER AFTER INSTALL AS AFTER three tries i fear this might cause bootloop aswell, no idea why but to be dafe press done when promted and run [recovery] from the app draw, i cll it recovery kicker becuase it kicks your vega into recovery for you

First post here so I am sorry if its in the wrong place!! I have bought a Vega for my wife for Xmas - I have installed Honeycomb 3.2 + the update (both 9n) - when I was on 2.2 my wifi was working but now it isnt. In settings Wi-Fi just says 'scanning' all the time.I added my network but it says 'Not in range'.

I apologize in advance if this has been asked before but I am trying to get it ready for her when she is at work and I am new to this all.

First post here so I am sorry if its in the wrong place!! I have bought a Vega for my wife for Xmas - I have installed Honeycomb 3.2 + the update (both 9n) - when I was on 2.2 my wifi was working but now it isnt. In settings Wi-Fi just says 'scanning' all the time.I added my network but it says 'Not in range'.

I apologize in advance if this has been asked before but I am trying to get it ready for her when she is at work and I am new to this all.

It's working now - no need to reply.I am sure I will have more questions though!!

Guest Redreadytogo

I've just bought a Vega for my son for Christmas. I've decided I want to update it to VegaComb 3.2 Build 9n Update3 and preload it with a few apps and media content. Is there some magical thread I haven't found which gives clear step by step idiots guide to backing it up (or is there a standard base reinstall somewhere?) I've seen references to ROOT and Clockworkmod, online Kitchen etc. but I'm lost in a sea of strange terms and don't have time to wade through everything.

If I pay for Online Kitchen access will that make everything easier? Will I get clear instructions then?

additionally, what are the 'Must Have' apps and games that will impress people? are they on other threads (links?)

Sorry to be such a pain but it's difficult until you get immersed in all this stuff.

Guest Dave Marchant

There is a standard 'factory ship' install with instructions on www.myadventvega.co.uk

You don't need the Online Kitchen for Vegacomb and it won't make it any easier.

Guest ImCrayD

Hi All

I just purchased the Advent Vega today and couldnt wait to start making my own. I've only had it about 7hours and already ive put it onto this fantastic custom ROM. It's great to finally have a play on the Android 3 Honeycomb OS - I can see why Ice Cream Sandwich is so much like it!

Everything I have tried so far works like a charm apart from the screen calibration seems to be out slightly - is there anyway to recalibrate the sensetivity etc? And one more thing - I have downloaded the On Live android app (which i have for my samsung galaxy s and works like a charm) however on this ROM it is very grainy and the graphics of the games seem to be all like this - not sure if this is a ROM thing or an On Live thing - just wondered if anyone had similar issues?

Apart from that I am totally happy with this ROM - thank you all those guys that are involved with this - you certainly deserve a huge pat on the back!

Guest Redreadytogo

Well, I spent 2hrs last night trying to upgrade :angry: I can't get into recovery mode and I can't get my laptop to install the USB driver. I know the Vega needs to be plugged into the mains, USB cable attached to both. I power it off by holding the power button for 6secs, hold back button for 2secs, hold the power button as well for 2secs, release the power button and continue to hold the back button for another 2secs. Nothing happens.:(

I'm running windows7 x64 on the laptop, this causes problems apparently so I will wait until I get back to my XP 32bit system and try again. I've also tried putting it in debug mode to try to force it to recognise the device and prompt for the driver, but to no avail. Also rebooted the laptop.

I'll report back tomorrow. If it works on XP I'll be struggling in future as my new desktop x64 gets delivered tomorrow. The XP box has a broken contact on the motherboard so the one fan doesn't work and the CPU one is whining so loud I have to turn the computer off to listen to the TV so it won't last much longer.