LG P970 Optimus Black Clockworkmod

Guest Xantaro

Guest rashad1
Hi I'm new to the forums. Recently purchased this beautiful phone, then again I'd say that after finally getting rid of my old old old horrible n97... yes, I'm ashamed.

First time with Android so been searching around for bits of info. Managed to root it after spending 3 hours thinking... what the hell is rooting. But now I'm no longer a virgin. Loving this device at the moment and just hoping to goodness that it was a good purchase in the long run. Support for a phone either makes it or breaks it. After a sour taste in my mouth from Nokia and there supposed flagship N97 phone, I am really hoping I have made the right decision.

Android = Win for me so far

LG I'm still unsure... let's see how things go.

As for support, I'm here and look forward to things to come.

Regards

I used "Gingerbreak", rooted the phone in about a minute

Guest erik501
Hey just to get you up to date.

digitalfrost and I managed to get ClockworMod flashed to recovery and get the Navigation and Selection working! But we are stil in struggle with the Partition mounts and getting out of Recovery after booting into it. Maybe Paul can help..

Also we found a way to reflash the phone with the German recovery image (kdz with 1&1 Branding I mentioned before), so we are able to test compiled recoverys.

Here are some pic's from Recovery:

67ee9173b925925640a07615899f75e3.jpg 2d5d9849d965dd113d5bcdd015ece6de.jpg

As already mentioned only navigation, selection and some mounts are working and we appreciate any help!

Please explain to recover Lg Black lg logo loop with German recovery image (kdz with 1&1 Branding I mentioned before) if possible Thanks

Guest UncleCracker
Please explain to recover Lg Black lg logo loop with German recovery image (kdz with 1&1 Branding I mentioned before) if possible Thanks

I wrote a german Tuoria herel: andriod-hilfe.de

I can translate it to english and post it here in english if somebody needs it!

Guest erik501

Thanks a lot worked perfectly and I managed to start the phone, take him in tomorrow do not need assistance now + I thank you again for the help

Hello

Guest lousybeerdrinker

nice! would appreciate if you could please post the english version sir. hope it could help fix my LG O Black with Force close (the process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly) issue. many thanks!

Guest UncleCracker
nice! would appreciate if you could please post the english version sir. hope it could help fix my LG O Black with Force close (the process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly) issue. many thanks!

OK, here we go. This only contains Links to the GERMAN 1&1 Branded Version! I don't lnow, if there is already any other international Version available and I don't know nothing about compatibility!

This is what you need:

The following Tutorial is based on some problems wich I had on a 64bit Win 7 Pro. On 32bit OS steps 2), 3), 7) & 8) might be not nessecary!

I) Install the B2CTools

1) Unpack the KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.7z and install the msxml.msi

2) Delete mfc42.dll from the unpacked data (causes problems on 64bit OS)

03be9fe7526b6da7d3a9a91b95be563f.jpg

3) Unpack Windows Enabler

4) Remove the battery from your phone and plug it to USB while pressing Vol up and wait until the drivers are installed (Your phone should look like mine on the following picture)

54180f337f79a933b5ea379cd971c1f3.jpg

5) Open your Device Manager and deactivate the "LGE Mobile USB Modem" in the modem section

6185b1723856e3b8c9616b00af78fb7e.jpg

6) Start KDZ_FW_UPD.exe as admin

7) Start Windows Enabler.exe as admin

8) In your Taskbar should be now the Windows Enabler Icon. Activate it by clicking it

61f9ccba30c661fa3ff97d5d51ab4a4d.jpg 8013f5eae58454ba9adf0269cbd27dc3.jpg

9) Now select at "KDZ file" the downloaded V10A_00.kdz

10) And klick "Launch software update"

1be7ff079ae51eee0e7b9d3930ed843b.jpg

11) Let the tool run. Don't klick it, even the Window sais that it's not responding! (The Log can be ignored, especially the missing dll messages)

12) Wait till your phone reboots

You do this on your own risk! If you brick your phone it is your problem! It's working with my 1&1 Branded German P970 and I haven't tested anything else!

Thanks alot digitalfrost for your support!

Guest razile21

open the thread for LGP970!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: i'm just playing asphalt 6 hd( galaxy version)!!! very cool and faster!!!!

Edited by razile21

Guest Xantaro

So CWM finally running on my Optimus Black.

The following has been tested and is working:

- Backup & Restore

- wipe data/factory reset

- wipe cache

- Reboot & Poweroff

- install zip from SD-Card

- Partition SD-Card

Notes:

- Use at your own risk! I´ll take no responsibility for any Bricks etc.

- Apperently the Optimus Black doesn´t have a Keycombination for going to Recoverymode on Booting. So at the moment CWM can only be accessed by rebooting the Phone to Recoverymode via App or Shell from a running System.

Downloads:

Clockworkmod v3.2.0.0 >>DOWNLOAD<<

LG United Mobile Drivers (Windows) >>DOWNLOAD<< (Needed when installing with MS Windows)

How to install:

1. Extract ZIP-File to your Local Computer

2. Connect the Phone with USB-Debugging enabled

3. Run The File install_recovery.bat (on Windows Systems) or install_recovery.sh(on Linux Systems)

Edited by Xantaro

Guest razile21
So CWM finally running on my Optimus Black.

The following has been tested and is working:

- Backup & Restore

- wipe data/factory reset

- wipe cache

- Reboot & Poweroff

How to install:

1. Put recovery.img on the root of the SD-Card

2. Open a Shell

3. Type the following Commands:

su

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4

dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4

This is a not fully tested Version. Use at your own risk!

MD5 of the recovery.img: 80d0a3b81b30085fe8dd4a3ce5f2299f

you are great!!!!!!!! i have a brand italian version...do you think i can use it?

Guest rashad1
So CWM finally running on my Optimus Black...

worked just fine, thank you so much...how do I boot in recovery w/o ROM manager?

Guest rashad1
how to come to recovery clock work?

I followed this instructions, and I used ROM manager to boot into CWM recovery, but I cant boot into it directly

Guest Xantaro
I followed this instructions, and I used ROM manager to boot into CWM recovery, but I cant boot into it directly

That´s because the Optimus Black has apparently no Keystroke Combo to enter Recovery on Booting. The Support-Hotline confirmed this. I´ll take a look at this tomorow, maybe i can find a solution for this Problem.

Edited by Xantaro

Guest rashad1
That´s because the Optimus Black has apparently no Keystroke Combo to enter Recovery on Booting. The Support-Hotline confirmed this. I´ll take a this tomorow, maybe i can find a solution for this Problem.

Haha, I'm fuccked then because I'm stuck in a bootloop :P

Edited by rashad1

Guest Raigomaru
4) Remove the battery from your phone and plug it to USB while pressing Vol up and wait until the drivers are installed (Your phone should look like mine on the following picture)

I'm doing exactly the same. Some drivers are installing, but the screen is absolutely black (no s/w upgrade message).

Guest rashad1

I kind of regret installing the CWM, without a direct boot option it is useless to recover my phone. Now I have a $500 paper weight.

maybe someone could help me.i have some overheating problems with my optimus black.i don't have warranty so i don't have where to go.my phone practically gets to 48*Celsius in like 2-5 minutes of normal usage.if i call someone after 10 minutes i can't hold it in my hand.BUT if i do a factory reset,the phone somehow acts normally..like i watched a video 35 minutes and it didn't go above 34*C.Bad part is that this normal behavior stays untill i make a call or i get called.after i end the conversation...the phone goes crazy again.i tried to reinstall the original rom from lg..but i can't figure out how that stupid lg mobile tool works.It has there a option for "recovery phone" but nothing happens it says only that is no software for my phone.sorry for this long post and for my bad english.please anyone..pm me if you got a ideea or you think you know what is wrong

Guest lousybeerdrinker
I kind of regret installing the CWM, without a direct boot option it is useless to recover my phone. Now I have a $500 paper weight.

i feel you bro. i also have one. :P

Guest Raigomaru
I'm doing exactly the same. Some drivers are installing, but the screen is absolutely black (no s/w upgrade message).

Maybe something additional should be done? (should the phone be rooted, any apps be installed? or maybe the button should be pressed in any 'special' way)

Please, explain. I really don't know what's wrong with this step 4).

Guest pihx

Hi, new Optimus Black (P970) user here and i managed to brick it after uninstalling LG Home by accident. :D:(

I rooted it using GingerBreak and used Titanium backup to try to remove some of the useless LG apps that insist on running in the background eating up battery. I was going to remove some LG app that i thought was called LG Home, but apparently it was the launcher because now the phone won't start. :o

I'm going to try the German KDZ. I think that is my only option for now.

Oh and please make a P970 section :D

Hi, new Optimus Black (P970) user here and i managed to brick it after uninstalling LG Home by accident. :D:(

I rooted it using GingerBreak and used Titanium backup to try to remove some of the useless LG apps that insist on running in the background eating up battery. I was going to remove some LG app that i thought was called LG Home, but apparently it was the launcher because now the phone won't start. :o

I'm going to try the German KDZ. I think that is my only option for now.

Oh and please make a P970 section :D

if you succed with the german kdz please tell me how is the phone..and if you have data or things like this.btw does the backup/restore thing works in clockwork recovery posted by xantaro?