GPS issue - fr15

Guest netz

Guest alvari
for me the nokia settings in hidden menu kept stored, gps was working after flashing fr18 flawless ...

I guess you didn't wipe before install? I did and didn't even have the nokia supl as an option in hidden menu.

Guest alvari
How can I install those Nokia server settings?... Do they work on every country?... Sorry for the noob questions...

Instructions are on the 1st page of this thread.. you can do it from the hidden menu if you baked it in.

Guest Wovchik

May be im blind but who can i go in the LG hidden menu?

i backed a Rom with it and its in all applications list but i cant find it.

Guest ilos
May be im blind but who can i go in the LG hidden menu?

i backed a Rom with it and its in all applications list but i cant find it.

try to dial : 1809#*990#

Guest Peterfdevries

Hi guys,

I also have the GPS-problem on my O2x using Fr17.

I tried to reach the hidden menu, using launcherPRO. The problem is that 'com.lge.hiddenmenu' isn't in the list of activities.

Using the 1809#*990# code only gives the error 'android.process.acore' has stopped.

Wiping from between the back and homekey also has no effect.

What to do?

Thank you for the help

Guest alvari
Hi guys,

I also have the GPS-problem on my O2x using Fr17.

I tried to reach the hidden menu, using launcherPRO. The problem is that 'com.lge.hiddenmenu' isn't in the list of activities.

Using the 1809#*990# code only gives the error 'android.process.acore' has stopped.

Wiping from between the back and homekey also has no effect.

What to do?

Thank you for the help

Do you have hidden menu in your rom at all? Try searching the forums for instructions on adding it if you dont

Guest alvari

Paul: There seems to be a bug in the google supl server settings in fr18

The default certification file is set to NULL when looking at it from hidden menu. I removed the NULL string from the cert field and made sure TLS setting wasn't selected and now I can get a lock also when using google supl.

Guest Peterfdevries
Do you have hidden menu in your rom at all? Try searching the forums for instructions on adding it if you dont

I am running the FR17 at the moment. Should be included right? Since LG is implanting it standard on it's ROM. It isnt reachable tough... :P

Guest choccy
Paul, is it possible to use the Nokia SUPL server as default in future ROMs?

A few ROMs back you added the /system/etc/gps.conf... but that file is obsolete if a working SUPL server is set in the HiddenMenu.

The Nokia fix or the GPS patch made no difference to me at all.

Takes ages to lock and even when it has the lock lasts 2 secs at most!

Really frustrating now -

Rooted on Stock.

Guest wapz
The Nokia fix or the GPS patch made no difference to me at all.

Takes ages to lock and even when it has the lock lasts 2 secs at most!

Really frustrating now -

Rooted on Stock.

try to select slp auto provision. that fixed it for me. got my first fix (ever since I installed fr18b2) in ten seconds from a moving train!

Guest chong01

The Nokia settings allowed me to get a lock within 2-3sec, but it's highly inaccurate and temporary - the lock will drop after few more seconds, and GPS will start hunting again for ~2mins or more before getting a real permanent lock.

SLP auto provision didn't change anything. Using Fr18 beta2.

Edited by chong01

Guest tomat

Just got my gps working properly for the first time since I got the phone a week back! I changed the setting to Nokia and adjusted the gps.conf file to my local zone (from here http://www.pool.ntp.org/zone/europe) . Weirdly Google maps did the same thing both of my last Nokias did and just couldn't get an accurate lock until the phone had locked the satellites from a separate satellite app (gps status) which picked up and locked 7 satellites in seconds, as soon as I switched to Google maps it was flying. I had the same experience with my old N95, it was fine after but Nokia Maps just wouldn't work right until I'd first used the inbuilt gps diagnostic to pick up satellites the first time.

• 7 months later...

Just got my gps working properly for the first time since I got the phone a week back! I changed the setting to Nokia and adjusted the gps.conf file to my local zone (from here http://www.pool.ntp.org/zone/europe) . Weirdly Google maps did the same thing both of my last Nokias did and just couldn't get an accurate lock until the phone had locked the satellites from a separate satellite app (gps status) which picked up and locked 7 satellites in seconds, as soon as I switched to Google maps it was flying. I had the same experience with my old N95, it was fine after but Nokia Maps just wouldn't work right until I'd first used the inbuilt gps diagnostic to pick up satellites the first time.

Doesn't Work :(

404 - File not found

Sorry, we looked high and low and just could not find the file /zone/europe).

Go to the front page

Guest RadioCharlie

@sprsk Remove the trailing ) character from the URL :)

Having encountered this GPS bug myself over several ROMs and read the various SUPL tweaks and server settings - I am wondering why any kind of server setting will make any difference for a GPS (radio) receiver? If you're attempting to lock onto satellites then, aside from a clear path to the sky, you need a good aerial and sensitive receiver (just like picking up FM radio). Obviously, these days, phones don't have pull-up aerials so you'll get some attenuation by holding the device.

From a technical point of view, the fact that the phone can't see/lock onto the satellites suggests a firmware issue and/or GPS receiver problem and nothing to do with server settings. When using Wifi location aiding, it's quick and accurate. But when purely using the GPS, I can sit there for minutes at a time with just 1 or 2 satellites in range. A TomTom or hiker's GPS is just a radio receiver with a display - If that works next to the 2X in a head-to-head test, then it's gotta be a firmware issue.