MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

Help!!! [FIXED]

28 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hi all, I may have a problem..

Earlier this morning I was flashing my phone to a new rom, Bryans new 6.5.5 rom to be exact. And it was almost done flashing until I accidentally hit the cord and unplugged my phone. And now when I try to turn my phone on I get this screen (image posted below). And the phone won't turn on

I tried flashing it again but when I try Octans just gets stuck on "Ready to download.." when I hit "Detect" and plug the phone in.

Is my phone bricked? Is there any way to bring my phone back to life? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advanced!!

-the sandman

post-523181-1305071476_thumb.jpg

Edited by the sandman

Posted · Report post

Hi all, I may have a problem..

Earlier this morning I was flashing my phone to a new rom, Bryans new 6.5.5 rom to be exact. And it was almost done flashing until I accidentally hit the cord and unplugged my phone. And now when I try to turn my phone on I get this screen (image posted below). And the phone won't turn on

I tried flashing it again but when I try Octans just gets stuck on "Ready to download.." when I hit "Detect" and plug the phone in.

Is my phone bricked? Is there any way to bring my phone back to life? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advanced!!

-the sandman

I've done this before, way last year.

There is an 'emergency mode' for flashing the device when this happens.

I'm am googling now, but in short, you can try two things:

1) The Samsung updater is made to recognise a problem and reflash the device

http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/omnia2_vista.pdf

2) There might have been some hard keys to press to reset it, I am still googling.

In the mean time you should try to reflash with the latest samsung dg21 patcher.

Posted · Report post

2) There might have been some hard keys to press to reset it, I am still googling.

In the mean time you should try to reflash with the latest samsung dg21 patcher.

Thanks for the reply! I have tried option #2, it's Lock, volume down, send, and end key. But that didn't work. Going to try option #1 now!

Oh and because of the funkyness of the samsung updater, if it doesn't work the first time. you should try Win XP x32...

Edited by Bryan W.

Posted · Report post

During the steps for using the upgrade tool it wants me to connect my phone to Windows Mobile Device Center. How will I do this if my phone won't even boot?

Posted · Report post

Uhh.. I'm scraping from memory so sorry about that..

If I remember the updater is designed to go into the emergency mode if the updater program fails the upgrade. It will be able to tell it didn't complete. Since it didn't happen that way, it doesn't know there is a problem.

Uhh, without the device in front it me, all I can say is I recall tricking the updater into going directly to the emergency mode of the program. Or it was a combination of something else..

I'm still googling.

Posted · Report post

Uhh.. I'm scraping from memory so sorry about that..

If I remember the updater is designed to go into the emergency mode if the updater program fails the upgrade. It will be able to tell it didn't complete. Since it didn't happen that way, it doesn't know there is a problem.

Uhh, without the device in front it me, all I can say is I recall tricking the updater into going directly to the emergency mode of the program. Or it was a combination of something else..

I'm still googling.

you need to get the phone into "Download Mode"

Try

Volume down + OK + Power

Then see if the updater will take it

Posted · Report post

you need to get the phone into "Download Mode"

Try

Volume down + OK + Power

Then see if the updater will take it

or

VOL UP + CAMERA + POWER

Lol, I don't remember what the comb was to get into download mode.

Off memory, what you see.. its a exclamation mark right? Thats an error message. The phone wont do anything in this state.

We have to get it out of the error message to flash it.

Posted · Report post

Volume Up + Volume Down + HOME + Power button

Posted · Report post

Aynways, I have to step away for a bit.

These sequence should look like:

1) You have error msg

2) Press right key combo to enter 'Download mode" or "recovery mode"

3) flash with samsung updater

i'll chack back later

Bryan

Posted · Report post

Volume Up + Volume Down + HOME + Power button

I appreciate all the help.. Which button is exactly the HOME buttone? And do I do this while the phone is off or while the screen show the exclamation mark?

Posted · Report post

while its on showing the error.

Home is the middle black on the front.

if memory serves.. its a sequence including both vol up and down

Posted · Report post

It's not working :unsure: maybe my phone is totally done for

Posted · Report post

It's not working :unsure: maybe my phone is totally done for

try this - press and hold VOL DOWN+LOCK+SEND at the same time and dont let go. Then whilst holding those 3 keys depress and hold POWER key. Try it a few times if nothing happens, hope that was combo that does the trick

Posted · Report post

try this - press and hold VOL DOWN+LOCK+SEND at the same time and dont let go. Then whilst holding those 3 keys depress and hold POWER key. Try it a few times if nothing happens, hope that was combo that does the trick

Thanks, but thats the 1st thing that I tried and it didn't work

Posted · Report post

well how is it going?

Technically this is not download mode, but perhaps it will enable it too:

Warning: Performing Master reset will erase all the information on the phone.

1. Power off the handset.

2. Press and hold send + lock + end keys in that order, (Pressing End key last) until you sees a triangle with an "I" icon.

3. The "recovery mode" screen will give the option to format or not to format. Press "send" key to format.

4. Device will display "formatting" then "done".

I tried this and got to the format option, but did not follow through.

Br sure to HOLD the end key until the screen comes up for format.

Edit:

Whatever you do, don't panic. I've done it 3 or so times and lived each one. The problem is there is no documentation for this, and it took me some experimentation to figure it out.

Edited by Bryan W.

Posted · Report post

Your phone is not done for quite yet...take the battery out, put it back in and flash again(try using this by AMDZero) http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=62903

Make sure you press detect before you connect your phone for flashing

You may have to plug and unplug your phone a couple of times for it to connect...good luck and if I can remember anything else I'll be sure to post

Posted · Report post

Technically this is not download mode, but perhaps it will enable it too:

Warning: Performing Master reset will erase all the information on the phone.

1. Power off the handset.

2. Press and hold send + lock + end keys in that order, (Pressing End key last) until you sees a triangle with an "I" icon.

3. The "recovery mode" screen will give the option to format or not to format. Press "send" key to format.

4. Device will display "formatting" then "done".

I tried this and got to the format option, but did not follow through.

Br sure to HOLD the end key until the screen comes up for format.

Edit:

Whatever you do, don't panic. I've done it 3 or so times and lived each one. The problem is there is no documentation for this, and it took me some experimentation to figure it out.

This doesnt seem to work either. I cant get passed the screen with the triangle and exclamation mark

Posted · Report post

This doesnt seem to work either. I cant get passed the screen with the triangle and exclamation mark

Uhh, I may have been mistaken on doing it with the phone on.

Remove battery, put back in, leave off, unplugged.

Press keys in order. Hold power button until menu appears.

Posted · Report post

Uhh, I may have been mistaken on doing it with the phone on.

Remove battery, put back in, leave off, unplugged.

Press keys in order. Hold power button until menu appears.

the image from above is an image that samsung uses to notify the user of an absence of a readable boot file. Your phone is not bricked, but rather soft bricked. It is in a state that cannot load the image from rom. You just need to re-flash the phone.

The combination that people are telling you to press ( Send Key+End Key+Lock Button ) is the sequence used to hard reset your phone. This won't have any effect on your phone, as it can't wipe the system and reload from rom, because this is where the problem is.

And the volume up or volume down is incorrect. That is only for the i8000 Omnia 2, Not the i920 Omnia 2 phone.

Just remove the battery, replace the battery, setup your loader with the correct rom file and click detect.

Reconnect your phone via USB and your phone should flash just fine.

If the phone is not recognized then there is a usb driver/connection problem that needs to be dealt with. First restart your computer and re-set it back up. then plug the usb cable back in. You may need to try different ports (front vs. back) on your computer as well.

again, your not bricked, just challenged to flash another rom.

Posted · Report post

the image from above is an image that samsung uses to notify the user of an absence of a readable boot file. Your phone is not bricked, but rather soft bricked. It is in a state that cannot load the image from rom. You just need to re-flash the phone.

The combination that people are telling you to press ( Send Key+End Key+Lock Button ) is the sequence used to hard reset your phone. This won't have any effect on your phone, as it can't wipe the system and reload from rom, because this is where the problem is.

And the volume up or volume down is incorrect. That is only for the i8000 Omnia 2, Not the i920 Omnia 2 phone.

Just remove the battery, replace the battery, setup your loader with the correct rom file and click detect.

Reconnect your phone via USB and your phone should flash just fine.

If the phone is not recognized then there is a usb driver/connection problem that needs to be dealt with. First restart your computer and re-set it back up. then plug the usb cable back in. You may need to try different ports (front vs. back) on your computer as well.

again, your not bricked, just challenged to flash another rom.

Yea those button combinations didnt work as i suspected..

I tried flashing my phone again, but like i said earlier when i try it, i load the rom and hit detect and plug the phone in, Octans just says "Ready for download..." and nothing else happens. And when i do this, my phone has the screen that says "Download mode" but it doesnt download. I even tried loading your test 4 rom (the one i have been using from before) and still does the same thing.

A couple times when trying to flash it again, the download process does start, but when it gets to about 3% it just stops and doesnt download anymore.

When I get home today I am going to try resetting my comp and using a different usb port, as well as different roms

Thank you all for your help. I really appreciate it

Posted · Report post

After many attempts at trying to flash my phone again it now finally worked! My phone is fully restored to its usable state. Thank you all for your help!!

Posted · Report post

After many attempts at trying to flash my phone again it now finally worked! My phone is fully restored to its usable state. Thank you all for your help!!

Hey! Glad to hear!

How did you do it?

Posted · Report post

A lot of different ideas were thrown at you. It would be nice if you stated which one worked.