K1's Windows Mobile 6.5.3 Roms for Omnia i900 v1.7.2 (LZX, XPR)

Guest Keivan Moradi

Guest Keivan Moradi

Philosophy:

A. I tried not to change or modify the original windows mobile files.

B. Also because:

1. Windows mobile reaches end of life. sooner or later there would be no more release of windows mobile.

2. flashing the phone in the windows 7 is a little difficult (see my guide in the next post).

it seems we need a ROM with a longer life time. so I made a rom with minimum possible applications. This would help you update your programs without updating your rom. Besides, when you have xda_uc you don't need to have all of your programs in your rom. also there are good reasons to install some programs like Opera mini and Resco explore in your My Storage. e.x. this way you would not loose your favorite pages in the opera mini after upgrading to a new version of rom. also it's better to keep your internet temp files in your My Storage.

C. I will be honest with you. If I know something do not work I will inform you in the known issue section of this post. Please report bugs.

This work is an update to the OCK rom 29005 released in 16th Dec 2010

Updated:

Windows Mobile Build -> 21690, 29020, 23152

ObexInbox

Smart memo -> B7300XXIL5 -> adds Unicode support

touch calendar -> B7300XXIL5

FM Radio -> B7300XXIL5

Wifi Router -> Downgraded from 1.2.9 to 1.1 which works better. automatically prevents device from going to standby

New Features:

+ FlashLite Torch from B7300XXIL5 -> For the first time in wm6.5 -> you can turn on torch with holding the volume button -> unfortunately M2D blocks its action -> you should turn off m2d to test it

+ Call Rejector -> Unlimited Trial

+ Happy Birthday to Calendar -> you don't need to sync your phone with outlook any more

+ TCPMP-Revive 2011 (rev42) + GF5500 Mpeg Codecs -> since version 1.6 -> Finger friendly player (with iPhone skin) can play all formats including mpeg2

+ JavaFx -> Best java emulator ever made for windows mobile, Would be Installed to My Storage because Some Java programs like maps and books are big, there is no room for these program in phone memory.

+ eBook readers -> PDF, CHM, Repligo, iSilo

+ FingerKeyb (you can still choose between touch input and fingerKeyb (use tools -> sipchange to do that)).

+ TskMgr Shortcut

+ .Net Messages

+ Bigger Touch friendly Menus

+ ScreenToggle -> since version 1.4 -> hold camera button to turn off the screen whenever you want your phone remain functional but the monitor turns off (ex when you download a file, sending & receiving Bluetooth or during Music playback ).

+ Now you can choose between FTouchSL lite or complete.

-> if you choose to do not install FTouchSL during first boot FTouchSL lite would be installed automatically.

FTouchSL lite is good for inexperienced users hwo are inconvenient with the solution provided in note #6.

-> disadvantage of lite version: touch would not work in old programs.

+ Full-screen weather in the home widget -> since version 1.5

Removed:

- Omnialite's Dialer Skins -> OCK's Black dialer theme is enough to me. Besides omnialite's Dialer Skin is incompatible with SRSWoW (you can't turn your speaker on when using phone) -> look at note #12

- Nitrogen -> When you have htc audio manager you don't need it anymore.

- Youtube

- Opera Mini -> there may be a newer version sooner or later

- SMS Theme -> It was buggy

- Flashlite (Flash player) -> cause problem for IE. Our rom do not needs this. windows mobile supports flash itself.

- Omnialite's touch clock -> windows mobile has touch friendly clock itself. besides we have to run alarmwatcher.exe all the time to make this clock work properly.

Untouched:

1. Automatic Connection setup on first boot

2. M2D Build -> Build 2.0.2016.3224 -> see note #7 and #8

3. PIM Backup

4. Torch Button -> M2D needs it

5. Soft reset -> M2D needs it

6. Showcase

7. Favorite Hackings

8. HTC Calculator

9. XDA_UC

10. Marketplace

11. HTC Album

12. Smart Reader

13. Audio Note

14. Adobe Reader

15. Office Mobile 2010

16. .Net 3.5

17. Google Map

Fixes:

M2D's audio manager fixed -> 2.2.2012.1525.LR1

Calendar alerts fixed

M2D Shows the next alarm -> if you use windows mobile's original clock

SMS Time Stamp fixed

Description of problem: It's a problem of some operators. You see that time of the received SMS is an hour or more (before or) after the current time.

For more information see

SMS send and receive problem fixed

-> Description of problem: I could send SMS most of the time. But in rare situation I could not send some SMS's. It was depended on the content of the message.

-> I have to remove OCK's M2D messaging fix and keep the WM6.5 untouched to fix this problem.

Over sensitive Touch scroll fixed

lots of registry tweaks

Removed lots of duplicated files

PDF icon fixed

M2D Weather tab wqvga compatibility fixed

Screen Calibration fixed

Missing KWBPP.dll fixed

and a lot more things I don't remember

in version 1.2

Camera problem fixed

Showcase suite is accessible using Main Menu button too (alternatively you can hold start menu button too)

JPG, BMP, PNG and GIF files would be open with HTC album by default

M2D's automatic weather update period set to one hour

Page pool set to 8 MB

in version 1.3

tskmgr is a good registry editor -> I've fixed the association of reg files with this program

Now all M2D Widgets Work again (except TV) to do this:

-> I've installed google map again

-> Default Internet Program of InetrnetWidget renamed to IE

Unnecessary TouchFlo Item Removed From Home Menu Items

in version 1.4

I've installed HTC Dshow which solved these errors:

-> in M2D's mail widget: "MiniPIE - Internet explorer - the address is not valid. Check the address and try again"

-> in M2D's SMS widget: you can reply When you restore your backed up SMS.

in version 1.5

fix: there was a blue sky theme in the weather widget which was not match with home weather widget. (e.x. in the home widget weather was partly cloudy but in the weather widget it was sunny. I've fixed it now.) -> look at screenshots to understand.

in version 1.6

New: Touch Friendly TCPMP 2011 with Mpeg2 support -> see screenshots and note #10

If you need old style WiFi settings (to set wifi proxy) -> use WiFi shortcut in the connectivity folder

I used drivers from OCKs 23118 ROM

New Build -> 23152

in version 1.7

This is a major bugfix release. Update to this version as soon as possible or use this hotfix.

a. I've registered these dlls:

Samsung OEM dlls: EditContactHO.dll, Emz3GPStreamingFilter.dll, EmzAVISource.dll, EmzCodecsDMO.dll, EmzCodecsFilter.dll, EmzHelperObject_Camera.dll, , EmzMp3EncDll.dll, EmzRealAudioDecFilter.dll, EmzRealSourceFilter.dll, EmzRealVideoDecFilter.dll, EmzVideoRenderer.dll, EmzWMADecFilter.dll, EmzRealSourceFilter.dll, EzdRealStrmSourceFilter.dll, MMSMenuExtn.dll, obexfile.dll, SamsungPanelFS.dll, Smp4veDmo.dll, URLCatch.dll,

HTC dlls: MyPieDllParser.dll, PhoneSetting.dll, PicturesExt.dll, HTCMP3DMO.dll, HTCSettings.dll, HTCWMPPlug.dll, BluetoothSetting.dll, gmm_launcher.dll

Which would solve these problems:

1. Now windows Media player can play Real media and Mpeg 4 formats.

2. Camera program can play recorded videos again

3. Samsung MMS should function normally.

4. internet sharing from PC to Mobile would work again: to do that you should enable it in the active sync or windows mobile device center (enable "Allow data connections on device when connected to PC")

5. HTC weather tab would show animations (see screenshots).

6. Home tab animated clock would work better.

7. There would be an option to locate your contacts on the google map. To be honest I don't know what this option would do.

b. Arcsoft MMS removed to solve the problem of Showing two MMS Options.

c. two camera button problem solved

d. New feature: ConnectingNotifier -> your phone would vibrate when your call is established.

e. Arabic - English switch for the Touch Input.

f. Enable "SMS delivery report" as an option in the first boot.

in version 1.7.1

1. LZX compression

2. Arcsoft mms is installed again -> look at known issue #5

3. mpeg, mp4 and mkv files association with TCPMP

4. Ftouchsl full exclusion list updated

in version 1.7.2

iSilo updated to 5.26

Known Issues:

1. Its a rare bug with some of mobile service providers. If you cannot send a message at all see this post

2. HTC audio manager continue playback in standby mode but stops at the end of song and do not go to the next track. -> This is a power management bug of HTC audio manager. -> installing s2u2 solves this problem with an unknown mechanism. or alternatively use ScreenToggle to turn off the device monitor (last one is my favorite solution because I'm still suspicious about power management problems in s2u2).

3. If you need old style WiFi settings (It helps to set proxy for wifi connections) -> It's in the connectivity folder.

4. Before version 1.6 there was a bug in the registration of dlls which caused the camera and media player cannot play the mpeg 4 and real media -> use this hot-fix to solve the problem.

5. for 1.7 users only solved in 1.7.1: If in M2D's SMS tab, new SMS shortcut do not work -> install this cab: K1_Arcsoft_MMS.cab

6. If "Mark all as read" button in the email program do not work, install this cab: Mark_all_as_read.cab

Note:

1. I Love My ROM it works for me. I hope it work for you too.

2. I like M2D. M2D takes only 15Mb of your ROM. if you don't like it just turn it off and use whatever home skin you want.

3. I've tested every part of the phone as much as possible. But I can not check MMS and Video call functionality. Because I do not use these two services.

4. Do not forget to check the downloaded files with the MD5 or CRC32 or SHA-1. I use hashtab program for this purpose. Also rar files contain 5% recovery module. You can open them in winrar and use repair button to solve some of download problems.

5. To Install CPU Monitoring Module go to Start Menu -> Tools -> TskMgr -> Tap On Menu Button -> Options -> Install CPU Monitor

6. If you are using FTouchSL Full and touch do not work in some of your programs. Open ftouchsl and add that program to the exclusion list (ftouchsl -> exceptions -> add program name OR add window title).

7. Weather in the Home tab of M2D Updates automatically in this build without use of an external program But its tricky. To do that:

Go to weather tab:

-> choose your city.

-> Menu -> Settings -> Activate "Download weather data automatically"

Then go to home tab (this is the tricky part).

-> Click below the clock (where weather is shown in home tab). When weather options window appeared do not click on anything just press ok and leave this menu. If it was not successful repeat the last step several times.

8. When you want to restore your backed up contacts and appointments (PIM Backup) disable "Sense" first (start -> settings -> Home -> Items -> Sense -> remove the tick). Enable it when you finished your restoration job.

9. If automatic connection setup wizard could not find your Internet settings -> use ADC (see second post of this topic).

10. If video quality is low in the TCPMP -> go to options -> quality -> choose Normal. I've read somewhere low quality is better during playback of mpeg files.

11. If you don't want the full-screen weather in the home tab -> install this cab: K1_M2D_Original_Weather.cab

12. i900's original dialer skin is not compatible with wm6.5.3. Muncheno build a cab which ports the b7300's Black dialer to our omnia. I've modified and updated his work. note:this dialer is not compatible with SRSWoW. do not install both of them at the same time. also call notification has skin issues. If you use ftouchsl full you should add these programs to the exclusion list of ftouchsl: CallLog.exe, SECContact.exe. Download link: Dropbox ,, Hotfile

13. If you have lots of music files on your phone you may experience slowness of your rom for a few moments after flashing the rom. It's because "htc audio manager" trying to index your musics. plz let it finishes its job.

Finally you should know that this ROM is based on OCK kitchen and some of his programs. You may found some of the fixes you need in his page.

Special Thanks for OCK because of his wonderful kitchen.

Download links

Decide first: More space or more speed?

LZX is more compressed so you would have more space available on the phone memory.

XPR is a faster compression algorithm thus provide a faster and more energy efficient ROM. Its downside is a 20MB larger ROM file.

23152 M2D Version 1.7.1

23152 is the most recent build form COM3. COM3 is used by Samsung in Omnia II. Maybe it is better for our omnia.

XPR: Hotfile ,, Rapidshare ,, Fileserve

CRC32: 30918EB4

MD5: F740FBDDC0BC2CAAD07AE541CB0045EE

SHA-1: C30CFD1F8161F7717D3CF0A3BAE0FEC6DAED0A9D

LZX: Hotfile ,, Fileserve ,, Rapidshare

CRC32: 47AA9F5B

MD5: 95C44FA098BDF9E61A5F824E755C7F9C

SHA-1: FDCD1F3CE95DA69AB93223C681BA30457FF54483

21690 M2D Version 1.7.2

21690 seems to be more energy efficient than 23152. But some users report that they have problem with wireless. I use it and I don't have problem with wireless. If you have problem with wifi try 23152.

XPR: Hotfile ,, Rapidshare ,, Fileserve

post-570092-1305301542_thumb.png

post-570092-1305301600_thumb.png

post-570092-1305301681_thumb.png

post-570092-1305301815_thumb.png

post-570092-1305301920_thumb.png

post-570092-1305302016_thumb.png

post-570092-1305302041_thumb.png

post-570092-1305302064_thumb.png

post-570092-1305302093_thumb.png

post-570092-1305302117_thumb.png

post-570092-1305302319_thumb.png

post-570092-1305302358_thumb.png

post-570092-1305302386_thumb.png

post-570092-1305302429_thumb.png

post-570092-1305302462_thumb.png

post-570092-1305302502_thumb.png

post-570092-1305302536_thumb.png

post-570092-1305302568_thumb.png

post-570092-1305302597_thumb.png

post-570092-1305304999_thumb.png

post-570092-1305305017_thumb.png

post-570092-1305305098_thumb.png

post-570092-1306856044_thumb.png

post-570092-1306856100_thumb.png

post-570092-1307036114_thumb.png

post-570092-1307036171_thumb.png

post-570092-1307334727_thumb.png

Edited by Keivan Moradi

Guest Keivan Moradi

Questions:

Q. I had a unsuccessful experience cooking a rom with xpr compression? Is there anybody knows the instructions for that?

A. I have to built a new imgfs.bin file using ImgfsFromNb Tool.

Q. Is there a way to activate s2u2 by holding the end key? (I know about aebplus. I'm looking for a way to hack endkey.dll or a registry trick or a way to replace exe file of s2u2 with original windows mobile lock program)

A. ???

XDA_UC compatible Programs

I'm not the original author of these programs. I've just modified their installer to make them XDA_UC compatible. Credit goes for the original authors.

K1's Atomic Clock 1.4

K1's touch Clock -> Ported from b7300 XXIL5

K1's Mershad Persian & Arabic Language Pack

K1's Persian Calendar for M2D

K1's FTouchSL

If you want to change default M2D programs use SSMaHo. I cooked it into my ROM once. but then I found the default wm6.5.3 programs more touch friendly than B7300 omnialite. touch clock is not compatible with M2D. Since it can not send a message to M2D to show the next alarm on M2D's home screen but windows mobile's clock can do this. However, if you want to use tClock as your default clock you can use this version of SSMaHo pre-configured for this purpose.

K1's SSMaHo - M2D-tClock - don't forget to soft reset

If you want to make make tCalendar your M2D's default calendar use this:

K1's SSMaHo - M2D-tCalendar

if you want both these program as the default M2D program use this:

K1's SSMaHo - M2D-tClock-tCalendar

ADC.cab -> Creates a shortcut named "AutoDataConfig" in the connectivity folder

Programs You need to Flash your i900 in Windows 7 all in one pack (AIO)

You should have internet access during ROM upgrade.

You should have a fresh install of win 7 or at least you should have not connected your omnia with a cable to the computer before.

You should install Samsung modem drivers before connecting your phone with cable to the computer for the very first time.

Turn off your phone.

Connect the phone to computer with cable.

Turn the phone on.

Windows detects your phone and starts to download a 12 mb file. do not skip this process. Let the windows 7 install whatever it needs.

disassemble ROM with i900_executor

run grandprix -> load LOADER (eboot.nb0), PDA (pda.bin) and CSC (some roms don't have CSC - it's ok...leave blank)

Turn off your phone.

Press Detect Button in grandprix

Turn the phone on again.

phone will reboot 2 times the second time is longer and flashes the phone

Dropbox

BitTorrent

Older Versions of My Rom

29020 M2D Version 1.5: LZX: Hotfile ,, Rapidshare ,, Fileserve ;; XPR: hotfile ,, Rapidshare ,, Fileserve

21690 M2D Version 1.5: LZX: Hotfile ,, Rapidshare ,, Fileserve ;; XPR: Rapidshare ,, Hotfile ,, Fileserve

Background Wallpapers

You can share your backgrounds with other users.

To do this give me your image in 240 * 400 size. There are 4 files needed. With this names and formats:

hh_fw_background.png (240 * 400)

hh_fw_focus_background.png (240 * 400)

stwater_240_400.jpg (240 * 400)

stwater_400_240.jpg (400 * 240) Note: this one has a different resolution.

If you send me files I will publish them here with your name.

K1's Theme - Feather

post-570092-1305738122_thumb.png

post-570092-1305738145_thumb.png

post-570092-1305738165_thumb.png

Edited by Keivan Moradi

Guest Keivan Moradi
Nice to have another cooker. Good luck.

I don't see screens of the ROM?

There are more Functional functional changes than thematic. There are high resolution icons. nothing more. Screen Shots are the same as the latest OCK ROM.

If you like OCK ROM you would love this one.

Guest dimera
There are more Functional functional changes than thematic. There are high resolution icons. nothing more. Screen Shots are the same as the latest OCK ROM.

If you like OCK ROM you would love this one.

Thanks. I will test the ROM ASAP and will provide feedback.

Guest seisman

good work man

welcome to the chef floor

ock is planning to make a rom why donot you 2 work toghter to find the ultimate

Guest Keivan Moradi
I installed this ROM just now. It is similar to OCK rom. Is there a way to turn of massage delivery reports

Just use favorite hackings

Guest Keivan Moradi
good work man

welcome to the chef floor

ock is planning to make a rom why donot you 2 work toghter to find the ultimate

OCK announced he is retiring already. He also chanded his phone. Are you sure with this?

Edited by Keivan Moradi

Guest agoesatoeb

i just installed your rom

i have problem with wifi.

in comm manager wifi status always off, no action showed when i click turn on wifi link.

i can connect to wifi router, but i can't browse with opera or ie. in data connection manager, all inactive.

what's wrong?

Guest Keivan Moradi
i just installed your rom

i have problem with wifi.

in comm manager wifi status always off, no action showed when i click turn on wifi link.

i can connect to wifi router, but i can't browse with opera or ie. in data connection manager, all inactive.

what's wrong?

Unfortunately I can't reproduce your situation in my phone to solve it (I don't have such a problem). But from what I've read in other topics in this forum I think maybe 216xx build of windows mobile is not suitable for you. If your problem still exist (reflash, restart several times) you can tell me to cook you a 29020 version of my rom. Unfortunately this build is not energy efficient at all.

Or maybe you have installed a program cause this problem. did you?

Edited by Keivan Moradi

Guest Keivan Moradi

did your phone's display turn off When you was using mobile wifi router?

Edited by Keivan Moradi

Guest agoesatoeb
did your phone's display turn off When you was using mobile wifi router?

yes, my display turn off when using wifi router, and stop it's connection to my computer too.

if 29020 is not energy efficient, what about WM6.5 build 23118 and 29005? these build not energy eficient too? or these build will produce similiar problem for my omnia?

i read some ock's user satisfied with build 23118.

thanks for your fast response Keivan.

Edited by agoesatoeb

Guest Keivan Moradi
yes, my display turn off when using wifi router, and stop it's connection to my computer too.

if 29020 is not energy efficient, what about WM6.5 build 23118 and 29005? these build not energy eficient too? or these build will produce similiar problem for my omnia?

i read some ock's user satisfied with build 23118.

thanks for your fast response Keivan.

29005 was a disaster to me I had lots of problems with unicode support with that build. 23118 is too old to me. 29020 is not that bad. It is the new version of 29005 which solves the unicode problems. Maybe CPU of our omnia is too slow for this build. I will update my rom tomorrow. Test 29020 and decide for yourself. :unsure:

Edited by Keivan Moradi

Guest agoesatoeb
29005 was a disaster to me I had lots of problems with unicode support with that build. 23118 is too old to me. 29020 is not that bad. It is the new version of 29005 which solves the unicode problems. Maybe CPU of our omnia is too slow for this build. I will update my rom tomorrow. Test 29020 and decide for yourself. :unsure:

oke, i will wait for your 29020 ROM and test it, hope that it will be better for my omnia. :-)

Guest Keivan Moradi
welcome bro...

hope to see lots more if ock stop then moradi is there :unsure::)

I hope you like my ROM. I can make it better if you report bugs, solutions or ideas.

Edited by Keivan Moradi